Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today In Biden Land

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

I'm for the WhiteHouse investing in resources to get info out that they feel is factual, but when they say they are flagging Facebook for posts they deem is bad. I wonder if Biden voters flipped the script- If Trump states- we are flagging facebook posts we dont like.....

The founders of American democracy (Jefferson) and its party (Jackson) didnt think that way. They deemed the printing presses of their day as a great technological source for information aka media- Jefferson was called the son of a 1/2 sqaw. Mean. And a nigguh lover. Jackson was called a trampler of the constitution, he was labeled an adulterer by the media of that day and his wife a whore . Yet when pressed by their constituents on how to respond- they stated allow a free press.

If the white house intervenes on facebook, twitter or anything...they are no longer a limited government with powers few and well defined- the very thing Jefferson to Madison to Jackson ensured would not occur.

“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation and foreign commerce. ... The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives and liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement and prosperity of the State.

What was said by Psaki IMO was tacky. Tacky as hell. Jackson were alive today- he'd take one look at her boss and tell Joe...to skin his smokewagon...

Exactly, B. Exactly.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.cpr.org/2021/07/21/tree-...nd-management/

Interesting. In a somewhat saddening kind of way. Any up on this chick?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Classic case of "depends who you talk to."

I've read articles that classify her as an excellent candidate.

I'm not a fan of all of Biden's appointments, as in the rush to appease the "pro-diversity mob", he's rushed into some weird choices.

But I'm not gonna take some Senator's axe-grinding at face value without first doing some investigative research.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Classic case of "depends who you talk to."

I've read articles that classify her as an excellent candidate.

I'm not a fan of all of Biden's appointments, as in the rush to appease the "pro-diversity mob", he's rushed into some weird choices.

But I'm not gonna take some Senator's axe-grinding at face value without first doing some investigative research.
    Thanks for the reply. I am not familliar with the guy grilling her. Was trying to see both sides.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I can say first hand what Barrasso said is true. The Dallas Safari Club and The Houston Safari Club firmly oppose her now that they looked more deeply into her past. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ri-club-suppo/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what he said was "I'm blessed to be white" if you listen closely. Thats even worse than the "my butt's been wiped!" as some are hearing.

25th Amendment....and they said Trump was 25th Amendment.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

18 more days till your perfect "0 for INFINITY" streak of unfulfilled predictions is extended by yet one more, when Trump ISN'T reinstated on August 13th.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm for the WhiteHouse investing in resources to get info out that they feel is factual, but when they say they are flagging Facebook for posts they deem is bad. I wonder if Biden voters flipped the script- If Trump states- we are flagging facebook posts we dont like.....

The founders of American democracy (Jefferson) and its party (Jackson) didnt think that way. They deemed the printing presses of their day as a great technological source for information aka media- Jefferson was called the son of a 1/2 sqaw. Mean. And a nigguh lover. Jackson was called a trampler of the constitution, he was labeled an adulterer by the media of that day and his wife a whore . Yet when pressed by their constituents on how to respond- they stated allow a free press.

If the white house intervenes on facebook, twitter or anything...they are no longer a limited government with powers few and well defined- the very thing Jefferson to Madison to Jackson ensured would not occur.

“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation and foreign commerce. ... The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives and liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement and prosperity of the State.

What was said by Psaki IMO was tacky. Tacky as hell. Jackson were alive today- he'd take one look at her boss and tell Joe...to skin his smokewagon...

https://money.cnn.com/2017/10/11/med...eet/index.html

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...on-nbc-license

The Democrats want to try and limit bullshit vaccine conspiracy theories that are killing thousands of Americans and this is a bad thing and something the government shouldn't be doing in the middle of a pandemic?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

The Democrats want to try and limit bullshit vaccine conspiracy theories that are killing thousands of Americans and this is a bad thing and something the government shouldn't be doing in the middle of a pandemic?

At their own peril. Too easy to get labeled as partisan by going after social platforms -as democrats(FB, Twitters) as opposed to media (OAN, NEWSMAX) I guess the FCC is no longer meaningful in such issues.
    & what a world we are in when social platforms becomes the common means for citizens to claim they have 'real' news.

I agree the government has a responsibility. But if they go the route of censoring in the midst of being labeled as a cancel culture, hard to see something postive.

I understand your position. I concur. But I aslo try to understand the bigger issue IMO which is deciminating government info over censoring social media.

Lets say they are successful, so what about OAN? NEWSMAX? Or Radio via Clear Channel and their seemingly limitless Rush wannabes across A.M. radio?
    In other words where do they draw the line? Instagram? What if Telegram & Parler becomes the conduit for the lamda variant?
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...6cu-story.html

What if Stormfront becomes the biggest source for the new monkey pox?
    https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/what...diagnosis.html

I don't offer a hard yes or no, just raising the question if that is the best means? To go after social media.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At their own peril. Too easy to get labeled as partisan by going after social platforms -as democrats(FB, Twitters) as opposed to media (OAN, NEWSMAX) I guess the FCC is no longer meaningful in such issues.
    & what a world we are in when social platforms becomes the common means for citizens to claim they have 'real' news.

I agree the government has a responsibility. But if they go the route of censoring in the midst of being labeled as a cancel culture, hard to see something postive.

I understand your position. I concur. But I aslo try to understand the bigger issue IMO which is deciminating government info over censoring social media.

Lets say they are successful, so what about OAN? NEWSMAX? Or Radio via Clear Channel and their seemingly limitless Rush wannabes across A.M. radio?
    In other words where do they draw the line? Instagram? What if Telegram & Parler becomes the conduit for the lamda variant?

I don't offer a hard yes or no, just raising the question if that is the best means? To go after social media.

The government isn't censoring anybody. The public health people are flagging bullshit/dangerous anti vaccine propaganda on social media and letting the social media companies know about it. The reason they're doing this is to save lives. It's up to the social media companies whether to remove this stuff or not.

Bear in mind the social media companies delete thousands of posts and accounts every day. In the middle of a pandemic that's killing thousands of Americans a month and has killed over half a million already the social media companies are still letting these anti vaccine people, lots of whom are scammers selling vitamin supplements and so on as fake cures/preventative medicine for the virus, to post endless bullshit that is costing people their lives.

One of the duties and obligations any government has is the public health of the nation. The government would be derilict in its duty if it wasn't doing everything it could to prevent needless death. I'd be fine with them actually censoring these people, taking every penny they own and locking the fuckers up without trial to be honest but the government is staying well within the laws of the land.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fucker should be locked up in a proper federal prison and every penny he's made scamming people should be taken off him including any money given to his family in the past. Boot them all out on the street, take their houses off them and so on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/t...?smid=tw-share

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The government isn't censoring anybody. The public health people are flagging bullshit/dangerous anti vaccine propaganda on social media and letting the social media companies know about it. The reason they're doing this is to save lives. It's up to the social media companies whether to remove this stuff or not.

Bear in mind the social media companies delete thousands of posts and accounts every day. In the middle of a pandemic that's killing thousands of Americans a month and has killed over half a million already the social media companies are still letting these anti vaccine people, lots of whom are scammers selling vitamin supplements and so on as fake cures/preventative medicine for the virus, to post endless bullshit that is costing people their lives.

One of the duties and obligations any government has is the public health of the nation. The government would be derilict in its duty if it wasn't doing everything it could to prevent needless death. I'd be fine with them actually censoring these people, taking every penny they own and locking the fuckers up without trial to be honest but the government is staying well within the laws of the land.
    Yes sir, Flagging is what Psaki stated. Thats why I said- But if they go the route of censoring...

Again this isn't an avenue as in singular.
    https://www.conservativeradio.com/

Thats why I listed the right wing media (along with the social media companies) their thousands of radio programs saturating our airwaves daily with information, misinformation & even disinformatiom so I asked where does it end? Where do the FB people get their stuff from? From right wing media! flaggin social media isn't close to 1/2 or 1/8th the avenues to dissiminate. Disagree?

Again I am not disagreeing with you nor making a point, rather I am raising the question: where does it end? If I were a reporter that is what I would have asked Psaki: Are you going to flag the radio & television stations that gives this info- for their viewers to post?

Sinclair host Eric Bolling interviewed a coronavirus conspiracy theory. The video has been removed from multiple social media platforms- but not from the source aka a television station

https://www.mediamatters.org/sinclai...us-coronavirus

https://www.mediamatters.org/sinclai...ead-their-lies
    Sinclair gives “Plandemic" conspiracy theorists a platform to spread their lies about Dr. Fauci and the coronavirus

it is an awful mess. A horrendeous virus and an unbelievable piss poor job by my government, not sure of yours.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If a President Biden even thinks of flagging or calling out radio & television stations, no matter how sincere he may be- that is in fact supppression of free speech.

Lincold did it, he may as well, but we're treading into deep waters. As of lately there seems to be no free speech on possible solution(s), so as a result anyone who attempts to offer an alternative to big pharma will be labeled. ridiculed as fake. Now we got both parties crying fake. Is not! Is too!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do like the fact that he's putting the 'question' of a mandate out in the open and admitting that in a round about way it's unclear if it's right-allowed or even legal, the right route. Thought he would announce a mandate for only Federal employees but he's not even going that route, little surprising. As for a Federal mandate on vaccinating citizens that's just not going to happen nor should it. Just that side of me that is against the Government mandating anything per the individual be it Obamas mandate penalty for not enrolling or dictating the affairs and policies of private business. If you listen the last couple of days there are increasing numbers of businesses small and massive that are taking their own steps to require proof of vaccination, or none, as well as new employee and new hire protocols. And that's exactly how it should be. And that's not with FDA approval which for some reason is nonexistent. You wanna see vaccination numbers soar it needs to be FDA approved for many.

Thread Information