Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today In Biden Land

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...finance-516110

It's not so much this as what she's been promised in the way of employment and salary/bonuses when she leaves office and becomes a lobbyist. This is a woman who was an anti-Iraq war far lefty who went into politics and managed to network her way into the Senate, a multi millionaire club, with a net worth of thirty thousand dollars so I understand. She's basically in the perfect position to go from thirty thousand to thirty million, a fifty fifty Senate that needs her vote to do anything and she's got massive leverage to negotiate future paydays with lobbyists and she's decided to do that. Quite a trip from the far left to give me the money.

Here's what happens to her in any future primary:

https://twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA/s...00758300532736

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is not a good sign for the future:

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/sta...09092782870540

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Democratic bill spending breakdown. This looks like a huge vote winner for Biden:

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/st...24741441757188

also, too:

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1453545764265906177

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Democratic bill spending breakdown. This looks like a huge vote winner for Biden:

Looks pretty official and no wonder Steve munchkin doesn't like it :S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/u...ill-biden.html

Big joe certainly has it pretty hard in his first year, Afghanistan, the supply chain problems / inflation, and a lopsided civil war in the Democrat party(where the minority seem to be the most powerful). Certainly makes them look bad an incapable of getting anything done. I'm not American though so my main concern is the climate change stuff hopefully they don't bugger up the rest of the world just so some guys can keep digging coal in Virginia.

Funny how people perceive these plans too, old Joe has said many times the only taxes they will be raised are on people earning 400 000+ a year and they want get get some tax on the super rich and get the corporations to actually pay tax but the general public see this as an attack on them?... Weird, hopefully this madness doesn't spread north.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

House Passes $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill, Putting Social Policy Bill on Hold https://nyti.ms/2YkFq5E

Americans pass their infrastructure bill, NYT praises biden, I'm not so sure, I think losing the Virginia governership is wot did it... I think the progressives got buggered here as there's no way the social safety net bill doesn't get reduced from here, but good on em for passing this one :S...

Here's to many more years of rising temperatures!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chalk one up for the current administration, I guess. Infrastructure is an issue no one in their right mind will argue against. At least no one who drives over bridges or has been smacked by power outages. Who cares if it costs $1 trillion. It's not like anyone in recent memory has cared about the deficit anyway. That'll continue being someone else's problem to grapple with.

Baby steps...

Biden did need a life preserver tossed to him after the beating he's taken for several months now.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Chalk one up for the current administration, I guess. Infrastructure is an issue no one in their right mind will argue against. At least no one who drives over bridges or has been smacked by power outages. Who cares if it costs $1 trillion. It's not like anyone in recent memory has cared about the deficit anyway. That'll continue being someone else's problem to grapple with.

Baby steps...

Biden did need a life preserver tossed to him after the beating he's taken for several months now.
    Rightwingers have mentioned deficit more times in the pass year, than the previous four years, but we knew that would occur.

Another reason why I state mainstream media is just that...not leftist...this administration has done more for those bankrupted by bad ass student loans, horrible colleges...the student debt being wiped away is a tremendous win for the middle class.

Why on earth won't MSNBC, CNN per cable and the main leftist bloggers, internet liberal champs like (ROF) Ring of Fire to David Pakman-these subscribed Youtube channels will not touch such a victory-of-a-story.

They are ALL TOO BUSY still keeping DonaldDaft relevant.

Good win on infrastructure- but those who did....know the HATE of the RIGHT- Views this as a payback crew...They want revenge.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...structure-bill

Meet the 13 Republicans who voted for the infrastructure bill
    Thirteen Republicans pushed the bill through despite opposition from progressive members of the House

In my boldest opinion- this is a HIT piece. They know---their viewers know how to interpret these words
    Here are the GOP members who pushed the bill across the finish line.

That means- pay them a visit, curse them out, threaten them. And so the article gives you this:

Rep. Don Bacon of Nebraska

Bacon has represented Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District since 2017.

Bacon told Axios that he faced a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't choice with the bill, telling the outlet he did what he felt was right when he voted for it.

"You vote one way, maybe it hurts in the primary," he said. "You vote the other way ... in my district, it'd hurt me in the general." He said he felt "pressure" from his GOP colleagues on the floor to vote against the bill, but maintained that his constituents supported the legislation overall.

"I helped draft this bill," Bacon told Axios. "To do a flip wouldn't have been appropriate. Wouldn't have been right." He maintained that even if he faces a primary challenge because of his vote, he remains confident he will win.

Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania

Fitzpatrick represents Pennsylvania's 1st Congressional District, which includes all of Bucks County and a portion of Montgomery County.

Click on the link to see how thorough FOX dispensed who these Republicans are.

To be fair, almost all of the media outlets- introduce them..tells me all media left and right are more alike than we want to agree on.

I suspect they will join the ranks of judges, cops, politicians receiving death threats
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Baby steps...

Rightwingers have mentioned deficit more times in the pass year, than the previous four years, but we knew that would occur.

Another reason why I state mainstream media is just that...not leftist...this administration has done more for those bankrupted by bad ass student loans, horrible colleges...the student debt being wiped away is a tremendous win for the middle class.

Why on earth won't MSNBC, CNN per cable and the main leftist bloggers, internet liberal champs like (ROF) Ring of Fire to David Pakman-these subscribed Youtube channels will not touch such a victory-of-a-story.

Good win on infrastructure- but those who did....know the HATE of the RIGHT- Views this as a payback crew...They want revenge.

Thirteen Republicans pushed the bill through despite opposition from progressive members of the House

In my boldest opinion- this is a HIT piece. They know---their viewers know how to interpret these words

That means- pay them a visit, curse them out, threaten them. And so the article gives you this:

Bacon told Axios that he faced a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't choice with the bill, telling the outlet he did what he felt was right when he voted for it.

"You vote one way, maybe it hurts in the primary," he said. "You vote the other way ... in my district, it'd hurt me in the general." He said he felt "pressure" from his GOP colleagues on the floor to vote against the bill, but maintained that his constituents supported the legislation overall.

"I helped draft this bill," Bacon told Axios. "To do a flip wouldn't have been appropriate. Wouldn't have been right." He maintained that even if he faces a primary challenge because of his vote, he remains confident he will win.

Fitzpatrick represents Pennsylvania's 1st Congressional District, which includes all of Bucks County and a portion of Montgomery County.

To be fair, almost all of the media outlets- introduce them..tells me all media left and right are more alike than we want to agree on.

I suspect they will join the ranks of judges, cops, politicians receiving death threats

Interesting that some of the 13 Republicans that voted for the bill will NOT be seeking reelection. At that point... what have they got to lose? They're out either way.

Sad how you practically have to commit political suicide to vote with what your gut and common sense tells you.

The two-party system has always had its pitfalls. They've only become more accentuated since Trump.

Here's an interesting article on the matter.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...itical-parties

"Can we have democracy without political parties?"

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Baby steps...

Interesting that some of the 13 Republicans that voted for the bill will NOT be seeking reelection. At that point... what have they got to lose? They're out either way.

Sad how you practically have to commit political suicide to vote with what your gut and common sense tells you.

The two-party system has always had its pitfalls. They've only become more accentuated since Trump.

Here's an interesting article on the matter.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...itical-parties

"Can we have democracy without political parties?"

Loved the article!!!! Ya' boy has been stating this for ages....they must have read one of my books LOL!!!!

Can we have democracy without political parties?

Yes we can.
    There weren't any in this country for over a decade after the Revolutuion. and they (Federalists) were of the wealthy, elite, businessmen, bankers.

The Yeomen *hand of trade*
    The Agrarian *agriculture, farmer* were never asked to be a apart.

1784 Thomaas Jefferson entered legislation to prohibit slavery---almost 70 years before the advent of the Republican Party.
    Lost by a narrow margin- those who loathed his bill, were Federalists.
    Who became Nationalists in the 1800s
    Whigs By 1820s
    Infiltrated the Democrats by 1840s
    Infiltrated Free-Soil Party (Republicans) on day one 1854 in Ripon Wisconsin.

Or as President Washington in his outgoing address- to which I repeat here ad nauseum- stated that political parties were indeed the vehicles in which foreign powers use to take over the will of the people.

Political Parties IMO are like microwave ovens...if we get rid of either, we can still live right and well Just a more thorough process to achieving democracy.
    All good things usually take time.

Great article sir!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Biggest takeways from the article-

But without the parties, we'd have chaos," says Harvard University political scientist Nancy Rosenblum, who explores the challenges facing political parties today.

I TOTALLY disagree with the above statement. That IMO is simply the result of being used to having a political party. Just like being used to having a microwave oven, Of course the kitchen will get chaotic if one can't cook LOL!

And of course it will look chaotic- if we're use to choosing candidate by 60 seconds sound bites aka commercials, billboards that take seconds to drive by.

And then....home-grown radio shows that cater to our own biases. So we think it is the truth because some radio DJ repeats it?

The 2nd statement I think worth mentioning:
    The rise of independent political action committees has given candidates a source of campaign funding — around $4.5bn (£3.17bn) in the last decade

In other words, money rules. The people who claim to hate the other party are the main ones who love it when their own gets a boatload of money to spend for campaigns.

3rd great point in the article- In many parts of the United States, partisan gerrymandering has contributed to making candidates less representative of their constituents by creating "safe seats" for both parties. That means that the winners are, in effect, decided in the primaries that pit Democrats against Democrats and Republicans against Republicans.

Again the hypocrisy of both parties...they hate gerrymandering- ONLY when it doesnt benefit them -Kinda like the nuclear option- Republicans lie their asses off and claim only Democrats want it...but under previous Trump and Dubya- they both mentioned it when they gained control of house and senate

Trump even called his party- FOOLS for not doing it.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...ok-like-fools/

And under Dubya- he understood that in order to fool a republican- just rename it!

THE CONSTITUTIONAL OPTION TO CHANGE SENATE RULES AND PROCEDURES: A MAJORITARIAN MEANS TO OVER COME THE FILIBUSTER.
    {President Bush Jr}

Yup...they called it the Constitutional Option, my o my how Patriotic that sounds.

I don't agree with all in the article, but that is ok. It means whoever wrote this was looking at both sides of the issue which is a rare & great thing!
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 11-09-2021 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Biggest takeways from the article-

But without the parties, we'd have chaos," says Harvard University political scientist Nancy Rosenblum, who explores the challenges facing political parties today.

I TOTALLY disagree with the above statement. That IMO is simply the result of being used to having a political party. Just like being used to having a microwave oven, Of course the kitchen will get chaotic if one can't cook LOL!

And of course it will look chaotic- if we're use to choosing candidate by 60 seconds sound bites aka commercials, billboards that take seconds to drive by.

And then....home-grown radio shows that cater to our own biases. So we think it is the truth because some radio DJ repeats it?

Agree 100% with your take on what Nancy said. It only SEEMS it would be chaotic because that's all anyone's ever been used to. It's easily digestible, and it takes far less work to choose between Red and Blue than to sit down and go through individual issues, where heaven forbid one might agree with Republicans on one issue and Democrats on another. We like our politics cut into bite-sized chunks.

The 2nd statement I think worth mentioning:
    The rise of independent political action committees has given candidates a source of campaign funding — around $4.5bn (£3.17bn) in the last decade

In other words, money rules. The people who claim to hate the other party are the main ones who love it when their own gets a boatload of money to spend for campaigns.

3rd great point in the article- In many parts of the United States, partisan gerrymandering has contributed to making candidates less representative of their constituents by creating "safe seats" for both parties. That means that the winners are, in effect, decided in the primaries that pit Democrats against Democrats and Republicans against Republicans.

Again the hypocrisy of both parties...they hate gerrymandering- ONLY when it doesnt benefit them -Kinda like the nuclear option- Republicans lie their asses off and claim only Democrats want it...but under previous Trump and Dubya- they both mentioned it when they gained control of house and senate

Trump even called his party- FOOLS for not doing it.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...ok-like-fools/

And under Dubya- he understood that in order to fool a republican- just rename it!

THE CONSTITUTIONAL OPTION TO CHANGE SENATE RULES AND PROCEDURES: A MAJORITARIAN MEANS TO OVER COME THE FILIBUSTER.
    {President Bush Jr}

Yup...they called it the Constitutional Option, my o my how Patriotic that sounds.

I don't agree with all in the article, but that is ok. It means whoever wrote this was looking at both sides of the issue which is a rare & great thing!

In short, I don't agree with the entirety of the article either. But it is interesting to see someone do exactly that... look at both sides. A rare thing indeed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Looks pretty official and no wonder Steve munchkin doesn't like it :S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/u...ill-biden.html

Big joe certainly has it pretty hard in his first year, Afghanistan, the supply chain problems / inflation, and a lopsided civil war in the Democrat party(where the minority seem to be the most powerful). Certainly makes them look bad an incapable of getting anything done. I'm not American though so my main concern is the climate change stuff hopefully they don't bugger up the rest of the world just so some guys can keep digging coal in Virginia.

Funny how people perceive these plans too, old Joe has said many times the only taxes they will be raised are on people earning 400 000+ a year and they want get get some tax on the super rich and get the corporations to actually pay tax but the general public see this as an attack on them?... Weird, hopefully this madness doesn't spread north.

Will come back to this tomorrow. In the meantime some stuff that has caught my eye recently:

https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/st...00426216837125

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/stat...54305294757888

https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/sta...14340459925505

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/...28124687368192

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/sta...20876826320904

https://twitter.com/prchovanec/statu...93866606342150

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/stat...14751768166401

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fun Fact:

This far into his Presidency... Biden has the lowest approval rating of ANY President since tracking of this sort of thing began with Harry S. Truman.

With one exception.

Trump.

Kinda makes one want to jump for joy, huh?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fun Fact:

This far into his Presidency... Biden has the lowest approval rating of ANY President since tracking of this sort of thing began with Harry S. Truman.

With one exception.

Trump.

Kinda makes one want to jump for joy, huh?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
    And everytime mainstream media does a hitjob on Biden, the right claim (oh, finally) after each article, passing day,weeks, months same response, oh finally.
    The media knows how easy people forget. Forget that he wasn't popular. Ever. Obama didnt even want to back him.....until he won the nominee.
    We remember though! It was about Warren, Sanders...to a degree Bloomberg.

Thread Information