Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today In Biden Land

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

So the question begs asking... what happens in 2028? Yeah, I know it's far away... but I like to think long term. The silver lining to Biden getting too old is that Trump is headed in the same direction... so eventually we won't have to worry about that Orange Clown. But if he somehow gets elected in 2024, he's going to cement in the damage he did after 2016. Except that now he'll be going in with blood in his eyes, looking to exact revenge on everyone who he feels didn't kiss his ass enough or worse... tried to harm him during these years. It'll be a witch hunt of epic proportions.

And all that's standing in the way of that is a Joe Biden who, despite his best intentions, is not going to win the battle against Father Time. It's one thing for our grandparents to lose a little cognizance in their daily lives, where maybe we need to gently take their car keys away from them. It's quite another to slowly lose your mental sharpness as you're trying to lead a global power, especially through difficult and trying times. And heaven forbid something should happen to Biden... 'cause we all know who's waiting in the wings.

But hey... let's throw 2024 down the shitter, like they say... 'cause we all know how that movie is going to play out. What happens from there on out? Again... the specter of the Orange Clown having four years to complete the destruction of the fabric of American society, as he already began doing in 2016... is one of the most depressing thoughts a person can have.

By 2028... do you think there's maybe a chance we could go back to having normal candidates for the Presidency on both ends of the political spectrum?

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    If trump gets in again, i would be amazed if he doesn't declare himself some kind of emporer(probably not that title but who knows these days)..of course presidents are only meant to be in twice but he'd be working pretty quick to get that changed and evidence suggests many would go along with it. Biden winning in 2024 is probably the only chance of normalcy but normal is probably long gone now.
    I wouldn't be so sure Trump isn't a player after 2024 if his arteries hold out. His dad made it into his nineties. Probably didn't eat the same diet of KFC and McDonalds although maybe his diet was even worse. My grandad made it into his nineties eating a diet of lamb chops and mashed potatoes with tons of butter melted into them. Liked a drink too. Trump doesn't drink at least not in public.

You're right about the revenge stuff. If he wins in 2024 it's going to be a four year revenge tour and one of the big targets is going to be the election system. They can rig it so badly that fair elections will be a thing of the past and the Supreme Court won't do a thing. Biden won the popular vote in 2020 by 4.5% and only won Wisconsin, Georgia and Arizona by a combined total of 43000 votes. If he'd only won the popular vote by four percent Trump would have won. The GOP can pass a whole load of restrictive laws and take a chunk out of the Democratic vote so that it would be basically impossible to win without Trump's base turning against him.

If he gets back into office again he'll have so many compliant people at the DOJ he'll be thinking about a way round term limits, the Supreme Court won't stop him. Maybe he does what he did with his company and nominates his son to be CEO but everybody knows who's in charge. There are endless options. In his first term he started off with a bunch of conventional rule of law people in all the top cabinet jobs, "all the top people". He gradually replaced them with lesser and lesser characters until by the time he was plotting his insurrection/autogolpe he at least had a few people in key jobs who were behind him on it. If he gets a second term everybody in every top job from the Attorney General on down will be a straight up fascist that will let him do whatever he wants. The head of the FBI, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff and the Fed chair will all be replaced. In no time it'll be the biggest shambolic incompetent seething mass of corruption and criminality to the extent that none of the principals could afford the return of anything approaching a rule of law government or they'd all end up in prison. That fact alone will determine the fairness and freedom of future elections.

Just imagine what happens when the inevitable pro democracy demonstrations spring up once the regime criminality gets started. They'll invite the red hat brigade onto the streets and they'll undoubtedly be armed, they'll co-opt the military, the police will help enthusiastically in the vast majority of cases. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Umongous Ginormous stock market correction any day now, lookin at > or = 20% so DJIA around a smidge or so above 26,000 ... bout time, its all fake

edit:
    on another note, FED is terrified, they will raise 25BP to make it look like it is all calm and measured
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 05-03-2023 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stocks went up after the interest rate raise today, .25%, but they only said further raises "may" be necessary in the future, pretty funny stuff how all this works, the federal reserve must have to be very careful in choosing their words.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Stocks went up after the interest rate raise today, .25%, but they only said further raises "may" be necessary in the future, pretty funny stuff how all this works, the federal reserve must have to be very careful in choosing their words.
    Might have to start cutting them to head off bank runs at some point.

Related:

https://twitter.com/MattGrossmann/st...79397116153856

I could post something like this every week. Chip chip chipping at democracy:

https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/st...92482003423253

You have states like Wisconsin which are battleground states that decide elections. The states themselves are gerrymandered to fuck, Wisconsin has two thirds GOP lock on the statehouse with less than fifty percent of the statewide vote. And they use this to pass laws which will eventually mean no Democrat can ever win a presidential election. This stuff is just ongoing and largely under the radar but it's going to hit a tipping point at some point which will mean game over for fair elections in America. It's a matter of time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I read that on the news. Few questions come to mind.

1. Why would the most important nationwide event held every four years with ample time for preparation and logistics suffer from problems like (cough) "running out of ballots?" Again... my experience in industry was all about planning for, and executing projects. Every "i" was dotted and every "t" was crossed. This is the United States we're talking about... not some banana republic where even simple logistics can be fukked up.

2. What is the reasoning behind overturning an election because "X" or "Y" polling places ran out of ballots for more than "A" or "B" time period? Seems arbitrary and irrelevant to me. At most, a polling place running out of ballots translates into a huge inconvenience for voters with lives to get back to... and you'd think voters for both parties would be affected. But ballots cast up to that point are ballots cast. Controlling a polling place to ensure the integrity of a voting process doesn't seem like rocket science to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

3. What's next... if the polling station officials show up with the wrong color ties... someone can overturn the election?

The words "banana republic" keep coming to mind, because that was what Trump was fond of calling other countries. Yet everything that has happened in the States... from rioting at the Capitol... to massive conspiracy theories about stolen elections bought by half the country... scream banana republic at the top of its lungs.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I read that on the news. Few questions come to mind.

1. Why would the most important nationwide event held every four years with ample time for preparation and logistics suffer from problems like (cough) "running out of ballots?" Again... my experience in industry was all about planning for, and executing projects. Every "i" was dotted and every "t" was crossed. This is the United States we're talking about... not some banana republic where even simple logistics can be fukked up.

2. What is the reasoning behind overturning an election because "X" or "Y" polling places ran out of ballots for more than "A" or "B" time period? Seems arbitrary and irrelevant to me. At most, a polling place running out of ballots translates into a huge inconvenience for voters with lives to get back to... and you'd think voters for both parties would be affected. But ballots cast up to that point are ballots cast. Controlling a polling place to ensure the integrity of a voting process doesn't seem like rocket science to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

3. What's next... if the polling station officials show up with the wrong color ties... someone can overturn the election?

The words "banana republic" keep coming to mind, because that was what Trump was fond of calling other countries. Yet everything that has happened in the States... from rioting at the Capitol... to massive conspiracy theories about stolen elections bought by half the country... scream banana republic at the top of its lungs.
    Presidential elections are done at state and county level. There are going to be fuckups getting elected to run these counties and even the vast majority of competent officials will employ a certain number of fuckups so at some point you're going to see shit like this happening occasionally. Sometimes competent people fuck things up too.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Biden family received, and tried to hide, over $10 million in payments from foreign nationals
    A previously undisclosed $1 million in Romanian-linked payments
    Ties to Romanian ‘influence peddling’
    A ‘web’ of 20 LLCs created while Joe Biden was Vice President with a ‘complicated corporate structure’
    ‘At least 15’ of the LLCs were formed after Biden became VP in 2009 – several of which were owned or co-owned by Hunter
    These LLCs accepted payments ranging from $5,000 to $3 million
    The committee wants to know what legitimate business the Biden family was in

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...t/70205621007/

Chuck Grassley is ninety years old. He won a six year term in 2022 and he'll be in office until he's 95. Assuming he's alive he's unlikely to run again. So there's nothing Trump can do to him.

Grassley has held elected office since 1959. 1859. He's been in office through most of the cold war and various bumps in the road in American history. He's been a senator in DC for decades. He knows what the country is currently up against. He can place it all in context and knows the perilous situation America is currently in. And yet here he is gleefully adding to the conspiracy bullshit about Joe Biden. He knows it's bullshit but he's making the secision to just add to the bullshit they're throwing at him because it'll damage his chances of being elected in 2024. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Chuck Grassley is ninety years old. He won a six year term in 2022 and he'll be in office until he's 95. Assuming he's alive he's unlikely to run again. So there's nothing Trump can do to him.

Grassley has held elected office since 1959. 1859. He's been in office through most of the cold war and various bumps in the road in American history. He's been a senator in DC for decades. He knows what the country is currently up against. He can place it all in context and knows the perilous situation America is currently in. And yet here he is gleefully adding to the conspiracy bullshit about Joe Biden. He knows it's bullshit but he's making the secision to just add to the bullshit they're throwing at him because it'll damage his chances of being elected in 2024. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

I know this was an innocent typo, but...

It brought to mind a topic that has previously been unthinkable in my mind. But, is it?

Given the gargantuan divisions Trump has created and enjoyed since his election back in 2016... the topic of secession can't be very far away from people's minds.

The United States of America stopped being the UNITED States a looooonnnnngggg time ago. Ain't no such thing anymore.

Polarization is the name of the game, and... depending on what area of the country you live in... you're a suicidal fool if you start trying to talk sensible politics (and policy) with people around you.

I know a State like Texas has thrown the "S" word around in the past. What the hell... they figure they were unjustly stripped of the "Largest State of the Union" by those pesky Alaskans... but boast about just anything else.

Pretty sure they feel as a majority that they could be their own country. In fact... I'm pretty sure some of them would salivate on the thought.

I know of at least one Saddo'er who'd pack his bags and go live in Trumpland in a New York minute.

So although you meant "decision"... it was a quirky error that brought something else to mind.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

I know this was an innocent typo, but...

It brought to mind a topic that has previously been unthinkable in my mind. But, is it?

Given the gargantuan divisions Trump has created and enjoyed since his election back in 2016... the topic of secession can't be very far away from people's minds.

The United States of America stopped being the UNITED States a looooonnnnngggg time ago. Ain't no such thing anymore.

Polarization is the name of the game, and... depending on what area of the country you live in... you're a suicidal fool if you start trying to talk sensible politics (and policy) with people around you.

I know a State like Texas has thrown the "S" word around in the past. What the hell... they figure they were unjustly stripped of the "Largest State of the Union" by those pesky Alaskans... but boast about just anything else.

Pretty sure they feel as a majority that they could be their own country. In fact... I'm pretty sure some of them would salivate on the thought.

I know of at least one Saddo'er who'd pack his bags and go live in Trumpland in a New York minute.

So although you meant "decision"... it was a quirky error that brought something else to mind.
    Very few GOP states could leave the union and all the money from blue states that flows into their coffers. A lot of them would be in permanent recession if they tried. Some of the really poor states like West Virginia would have a permanent Great Depression level economy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The advent of the Biden Kill List. Looks like the Clinton hitmen are now working for Sleepy Joe and they already appear to be nearly in double figures in bodies:

https://plus.thebulwark.com/p/here-c...iden-kill-list

GOP current debt limit proposal:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/sta...62794751512598

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This deserves an award:

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nuke York Shitty, قريبا لأن أمريكا هي الشيطان الكبير ، الشيطان الأكبر للعالم

Thread Information