93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today In Biden Land

Meanwhile in america

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/...mpression=true

the guy switching the meme cards is just comedy genius.

:S, Bojos French and Kermit quotes seem pretty sensible now.
    Last edited by palmerq; 09-24-2021 at 01:40 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marjorie Taylor Greene won her Georgia Congressional District with a whopping 74.6% of the vote.

"The government you elect is the government you deserve." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Meanwhile in america

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/...mpression=true

the guy switching the meme cards is just comedy genius.

:S, Bojos French and Kermit quotes seem pretty sensible now.

Here she is submitting to government tyranny and hiding her strong Native American features behind a mask.

People like this are the beginning of the end of the democratic system in America.

I'm not sure if this will link. Apparently I can share articles behind this paywall, let's see. Long read but very good:

https://wapo.st/3APwS4H

Also, too, random economic stuff:

https://twitter.com/gabriel_zucman/s...85454880112642
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's unfortunate that today in the U.S. the political banter has become "your guy's/party's blunders are worse than my guy's/party's blunders."

It's a sickening game of one-upmanship that shows nothing positive, and strives to sweep the current administration's deficiencies under the rug.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's unfortunate that today in the U.S. the political banter has become "your guy's/party's blunders are worse than my guy's/party's blunders."

It's a sickening game of one-upmanship that shows nothing positive, and strives to sweep the current administration's deficiencies under the rug.
    https://twitter.com/MarkJacob16/stat...87928174153728

Keep scrolling. Nine posts.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

I'm not sure if this will link. Apparently I can share articles behind this paywall, let's see. Long read but very good:

Did anybody click this? Anybody manage to read it or did it tell you to fuck off?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did anybody click this? Anybody manage to read it or did it tell you to fuck off?
    Works on my phone at least, will give it a read this evening.

Yellen Warns of ‘Catastrophic’ Consequences From Debt Limit Breach https://nyti.ms/3zNPPU3

Now what's this all about, just the normal American political wranglings or something potentially bad? I see the git before biden had ever increasing deficits and looks like debt ceiling was increased then too without much problem?... Default certainly sounds pretty bad, could well just be the normal fun and games though.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It works and is a good read but I really hope they are wrong with their dramatic article.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder when all this "It's the previous guy's fault" shit started.

Former Guy used to blame Obama for everything but the weather.

Current Guy now blames Former Guy (mostly deserved, but what the hell) for just about everything also.

Don't remember if Obama blamed Georgie W about everything... but it seems that's just the norm nowadays.

No mistakes made by the incumbent in the eyes of his followers.

Just a lot of blame to throw around at the previous WH tenant.

So pointless....

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

Works on my phone at least, will give it a read this evening.

Yellen Warns of ‘Catastrophic’ Consequences From Debt Limit Breach https://nyti.ms/3zNPPU3

Now what's this all about, just the normal American political wranglings or something potentially bad? I see the git before biden had ever increasing deficits and looks like debt ceiling was increased then too without much problem?... Default certainly sounds pretty bad, could well just be the normal fun and games though.

Every time the debt limit needs to be raised they have a pantomime. Happens no matter who is in office or controls the House or Senate or whatever.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

It works and is a good read but I really hope they are wrong with their dramatic article.

They are not wrong. America is on a glide path for this to happen. If it doesn't happen with Trump it'll happen with one of the Trump impersonators who follow him. If Trump actually runs in 2024 and if he's still breathing he will then he either wins outright and puts loyalists in charge of the DOJ, FBI, army and every other major institution and basically creates a system where the GOP win every election or he loses and the states that have changed their laws to allow them to override the will of the voters do just that. Democracy doesn't have long left to go in America.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread is certain to continue losing steam, as most Trump fans have vacated the premises.

However, it's bears pointing out that all problems have not magically vanished since The Orange One is no longer in the White House. This has been my calling card since Day One... where I've lambasted Trump as much as anyone here... but refuse to now put on tinted glasses in the other direction.

It is my firm contention that we have suffered from a lack of true leadership for quite some time. And I'm sorry... but Joe Biden's best quality remains that he's not Trump.

Watching the news on those Americans still stranded in Afghanistan still brings up some inescapable thoughts. #1, what on EARTH would any self-preserving American be doing living in Afghanistan in the first place? Excuse my lack of deep insight (maybe)... but I just don't see (or have ever seen) Afghanistan as an attractive place to set up residence. Business? Money? Hey... if you can't make a decent enough living in the many dozens of other (MORE STABLE) countries out there... choosing to live in Afghanistan might not be the worst of your problems. Granted, I'm not blaming this one on anyone but the people themselves.

#2, NONE OF US HERE are experts on the particular topic of "Withdrawing from a Hostile Country." If they offered that course when I was in college, I must have missed it, or I would've at least considered it as an elective. That being said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you're planning a withdrawal from a hostile country... particularly one that you've inhabited for YEARS... you put together a foolproof plan. Then you complement it with a Plan B, Plan C, etc. Then you put that plan up for scrutiny again and again and again.

Nobody will ever convince me that all American civilians could not have been safely evacuated FIRST, before any withdrawal of troops, equipment, etc. The U.S. didn't invade Afghanistan 5 years ago. It's been a hell of a lot longer than that. With that comes knowledge... experience. The same "brilliant" minds that plan drone attacks, invasions, and high-level assassinations... could've very well (if directed to do so) have planned a much smoother withdrawal from Afghanistan than what actually transpired.

Contrary to popular opinion in some circles, there WAS no timeframe to adhere to. With all the B.S. Trump slung around, (like post-Maria paper towel rolls) and the little respect he enjoyed in international circles..... YOU THINK Biden didn't have the moral authority to say...

Hey Taliban. Whatever Trump promises as a deadline, we will not adhere to, as we need to ensure the safe passage of our private citizens, as well as our military. We've been here 20 years... a few more weeks/months is not gonna kill anybody. You allow us that new timeframe... we'll ensure it's done safely within that time period. PERIOD.

If Afghanistan was the only area where the Biden administration is severely fumbling the ball, I might even be a bit more magnanimous about deflecting more blame Trump's way. But what about the ongoing border messes?? Can't anyone get ANYTHING right when it comes to protecting the borders in a humane but effective fashion??

No. The Biden thread is bound to become less and less active... as all Trump fans have gone MIA. But I'll be popping in once in a while whenever the situation merits it.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There isn't a single Democrat that Republicans have been taught to view as a politician let alone a person. every blog, column, article, report reflects the need to hate them from the core of their souls.

20 years ago, people stated things like Biden is ok, he just makes gaffes. I even showed a few Trump-worshippers here- their own posts on Biden a decade ago. So sorry if such memories hurt them so bad they left. Not my fault. My fault is typing too long, not contradicting myself just to keep a party in office. Or pretend I dont have hate...then expose it in everyother post.

Today Biden is the worse being on earth since Soros, Obama, Hillary, Bill the hubby, Bill the Gates! Everyone not a Republican has to be loathed. Therefore no reason to consider Joe as anything other than the fall of America Part D as in Democrat.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting viewpoint. But the hate is widespread. If people were already headed toward political polarization as matter of course.... Trump just pushed the accelerator and turned on the turbo.

It used to be about policy, but with respect. Now it's about hate, hate, hate.

BTW... slightly off topic... but I saw some video on Jan 6 the other day I hadn't seen before.

Once again my mind implodes at the thought of Trump and his lackeys claiming with a straight face that that was a peaceful demonstration.

If we've reached that point in politics (accepted by a large portion of the American public)..... nothing is beyond belief anymore.

Thread Information