Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How is business in your area?

Seems busy around me at the big places. Walmart, CVS, Dunkin’ Donuts, grocery etc. liquor stores seem busy. The little shops not so much. Too many antique shops, restaurants and other small independent shops are still shuttered.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How is business in your area?

Hustle and bustle has definitely picked up last few months. Locally the backbone would be restaurants, bars and catering services etc. Much of the 'normal' business..stores, big box, chain franchises, auto, etc haven't missed a beat. I do think there are certain types of shops that will never come back mainly tourist based. The t shirt trinket touristy and antique centered shops. Two ends of the spectrum money wise but without the huge sporting events and music festivals we rely on almost monthly they'll dry up. Maybe it's premature but I'm betting there will be no Mardi Gras next year. You do not "socially distance" or mask that insanity. And with that goes the vendors, musicians which are taking a real hit and it's a damn shame. It's almost eerie walking some streets and hearing zero live music. The uniqueness of this specific area will feel it long lasting being based on the need for masses in the first place.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We have a internet cafe open which I thought was a strange time to open but it seems to be doing well. So far.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

During COIVD Lockdown? Depends on which businesses you talkin about!

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Well I mean nowadays unless your state is still in full lockdown. That was a good movie I like that actor. But yes drug and alcohol use went up significantly during the lockdown. Still is in these partial lockdowns. I see so many hardships created it’s really just running around trying to put out the biggest fires. That’s a different story though I was thinking more brick and mortar businesses. I met someone today regarding a small business thing and we actually sat in the Dunkin’ Donuts and talked. I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised as I know they are allowing restaurants to open at 50% or so it’s just so many have had the seating taped off I usually get my caffeine and go. I noticed three other tables had people in them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    We have a internet cafe open which I thought was a strange time to open but it seems to be doing well. So far.

Do these things even exist anymore ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Went to London a couple of weeks back for first time since March.

Couldn’t believe what I saw with how quiet the streets were - ok they weren’t empty - especially round Whitehall and Victoria where our office and others are. Pubs empty, coffee shops closed and when I went to Itsu at lunchtime that was closed too. How many more will go after a second lockdown ??

We’ve moved everything forward 7 years or so in just a few months
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Do these things even exist anymore ??
    It seems busy with social distancing. Do not know what will happen after Thursday and the 2nd lockdown.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn’t believe what I saw with how quiet the streets were - ok they weren’t empty - especially round Whitehall and Victoria where our office and others are. Pubs empty, coffee shops closed and when I went to Itsu at lunchtime that was closed too. How many more will go after a second lockdown ??

I am going, for the first time since March, to my work place in Birmingham city centre this week. Wonder what it will look like.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am going, for the first time since March, to my work place in Birmingham city centre this week. Wonder what it will look like.
    I am on a different forum frequented by Europeans. They posted pictures of several famous and otherwise areas of England during the day in the midst of the first lockdown. The areas he had to himself were stunning. He was in some beautiful areas and took numerous photos of areas I only know by movies and normal pictures of just regular areas, meaning someone like me who has never been has no clue where it is. It seems things look better without a bunch of people around. But it was sad to see.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Well I mean nowadays unless your state is still in full lockdown. That was a good movie I like that actor. But yes drug and alcohol use went up significantly during the lockdown
    Oh, I wasn't aware this movie was about drug & alcohol users. Also have no clue on rise of drug use or for what reasons. As I was always told people do drugs because either they are weak or it is just their culture, so covid then has no reason to being blamed for anyone's use or rise in %, but I digress! I was referring to the premise of what I thought the video/movie was about: the business of pimping must be hard for a pimp, their hoes, & hoes' tricks aka johns aka purchasers of vagina. Or purchasers of Dick for the male gigolo.

Last edited by SlimTrae; 11-03-2020 at 07:22 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Such a business must be hard hit.

Unemployed legal sex workers in Nevada struggling during coronavirus closures

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/local...es/5084327002/

On March 18, Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak announced the closure of all non-essential businesses, including bars and strip clubs, and the directive was expanded the following day to include the state’s brothels.

When a person game is willing to go through a drive thru to see some booty, some titties, wow.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I mean nowadays unless your state is still in full lockdown. That was a good movie I like that actor. But yes drug and alcohol use went up significantly during the lockdown
    Oh, I wasn't aware this movie was about drug & alcohol users. Also have no clue on rise of drug use or for what reasons. As I was always told people do drugs because either they are weak or it is just their culture, so covid then has no reason to being blamed for anyone's use or rise in %, but I digress! I was referring to the premise of what I thought the video/movie was about: the business of pimping must be hard for a pimp, their hoes, & hoes' tricks aka johns aka purchasers of vagina. Or purchasers of Dick for the male gigolo.

Ya, actually I could be wrong. Regardless it is a good movie. The lockdowns and difficulty accessing medical treatment, job loss, depression, anxiety certainly have heightened drug use. I don’t see addicts as weak people. Anyway cool about the drive-through strip shows I guess you gotta get creative I had no idea that was a thing now.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

]
    Ya, actually I could be wrong. Regardless it is a good movie. The lockdowns and difficulty accessing medical treatment, job loss, depression, anxiety certainly have heightened drug use. I don’t see addicts as weak people. Anyway cool about the drive-through strip shows I guess you gotta get creative I had no idea that was a thing now.
    Ho's gotta eat too!

Last edited by SlimTrae; 11-09-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Thread Information