Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Zab v Floyd, my thoughts Tonight

First before you read further. I predicted Zab to win.

This was a night that boxing needed both in drama and fights, boxing needs more fights like tonight happening more then 3 times a year. But this was the mega fights many said should not have happened saying that because Judah lost this fight shouldn't happen, more or less then for a world title. Most of you Margarito fans, shall I bring up Cesar Chavez losing to Willy Wise and getting the shot at Kostya Tszyu. Judah gave a better effort then Chavez by contrast

But thats not what I wanted to say.

I wanted to say that I take my hat off to both fighters. They both came to last. many said that PBF couldn't take Judah's shots, he did. many said that judah wouldn't be able to last once Mayweather turned it up, he did. Tonight it was a fight, and I stress it in every sense of the word, fight.
    Sure I was exited the first 4 rounds when zab was winning, even the 5th where Floyd dominated all but the last 40 seconds when Zab taunted at hit him(if that was the 5th or the 3rd can't remember) but which ever one.

Both fighters deserve credit for their performances. PBF fans admit it, after the first 4 rounds, you were scared

But both Zab Judah and Floyd Mayweather Jr. fought their asses off, and the better man came away with the win. Anyone that can give PBF a close fight like that or that difficult a time is world class no matter what you think about them. And fact is, for the first few rounds Zab had PBF's number and then Mayweather switched phones and had Zab's.

One thing I can't say negatively about Zab tonight is that he fought his ass off, and he still lost which is fine with me, he gave the performance like his career was on the line and he did that. And i'm proud of him.

I'll address the 11th round now...

Nothing much to say except for the low blow.

Any Zab detracter will say negative things about Zab. Facts are, he tapped gloves with Mayweather after the incident and hugged him in the 12th, even if you say Floyd initiated both Zab accepted them(like Vince Phillips didn't talk about that instead)

No excuses for the incident, because there is nothing to try to excuse. It got hot on both sides, and Roger did the dance you expected Judah to do.

Facts are, Judah hung tough, fought the fight of his life and came up short(and THERE IS NO WAY THAT FIGHT WAS 119-109 unless Bob Arum was one of the judges)

I scored the fight 115-113 for Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Now only one person on this forum knew this.

I was planning on leaving after my 10000th post here, if Zab lost. And if he won I would stay longer.

Zab lost, but to quote Chris Eubank "and even in so doing, I can say, what a guy, you inspired me..whereas if you quit...(shakes head)"

And Zab didn't quit. And I am inspired by the effort of both fighters.

So I will stay for 500 more posts after my 10000th because of that performance.

Neither fighter is done, and particularly not Zab.

I hope this answered any questions about if you thought Zab had a glass jaw, sure he was buzzed by baldomir but Floyd was buzzed by Corley and lasted with Zab who lasted with Floyd in return.

This was a very good fight we need more in boxing and I am proud of both fighters.

My conclusion: Zab fought his ass off and came up short, nothing to be ashamed of. NOTHING about that fight anyone should be ashamed of.

On a closing note:

FLOYD WAS DOWN IN THE 2ND!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tonight

Zab's a great talent, but what is it about him that can inspire the sort of affection that he gets from so many in light of his underacheivements (tonigh wasn't really one of them) and his history of bad behaviour?

The first live Judah fight I saw was the Negron fight. I loved what I saw that day. The shine went off him a little for me after the Bergman and Millett fights. What was he doing getting dropped by those guys?

He lost me completely with his behaviour before and after the Tyzu fight. No shame in losing, but
    how can you respect someone that behaves that way? If he carried himself better, he'd have a lot more support

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Zab v Floyd, my thoughts Tonight

Starr, you're damn right I was scared. Zab brought it, but didn't have the right adjustments, after Floyd made his. Floyd will beat Margarito. Zab was a bigger threat, and could have won.

One thing I will say that you probably won't agree with is;

If Zab didn't cheap shot Floyd, he would have went down by the end of the 11th due to body shots. Zab was out of his game once Floyd made adjustments and imposed his will, and was getting hurt to the body, hence, the low-blow.

Zab has nothing to be ashamed about. He brought it, and regardless of what people say, it was enough, but he didn't adjust. Floyd is the smarter fighter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You say Floyd will beat Margarito,well,he has a date with him,let us see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Both fighters deserve credit for their performances. PBF fans admit it, after the first 4 rounds, you were scared
    cc
    EXACTLY!!!!! hahaha I felt like a genius, for that small moment.

But this is a fight, where Floyd looked so human. He think's he's the fastest cowboy in town, but Zab proved tonight that Floyd's gift isn't specific to him.

Great fight, your right, it had drama and each fighter dominated.

And Floyd reminded everyone why he is... "POUND FOR POUND THE GREATEST! CREME DE LA CREME! THE CREAM OF THE CROP!" And all his propaganda how every fighter is a waste of his time, haha.

---Whatevah!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, good analysis Starr, and dam right Floyd was down! Clearly a puNCH,was Steele even watching?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure he was, thats why he looked over at Bob arum who gave him the mini me pinky so Steele said "no knockdown"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure he was, thats why he looked over at Bob arum who gave him the mini me pinky so Steele said "no knockdown"
    hahahaha Hey Starr,you staying until you get 1,500 posts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm past 1500. I'm staying until 10500

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm past 1500. I'm staying until 10500
    LOL typo,that's what I meant,10,500!WOAH,that's alot and also, I think your sad clicks go to 0 right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I asked Saddo to keep my sadclicks as they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I asked Saddo to keep my sadclicks as they are.
    haha, i didnt realise it was Saddo who was constantly putting up your sadclicks....something smelt fishy

Thread Information