Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My thoughts of last nights fights

I think all of the main events were important fights for each fighter

The Usyk and Chisora fight went about how I thought it would except that I thought Usyk would stop Chisora late. He just didn’t push for the KO. Usyk has been out of the ring for a while so there was some ring rust. Chisora’s size bothered him a bit, but it still looked like a pretty standard Usyk fight. I think he still does well at HW. I think Chisora is a bad style match up. Most other HWs aren’t coming forward all night like that. Fury is the only HW that I would really see him having a lot of trouble with. Maybe Whyte too because of style match up.

Inoue constantly proves why he is so good. Maloney is a solid fighter. He isn’t just some push over and Inoue just beat him every round pretty easily. Hopefully he fights Casimero next and then just maybe, Estrada will come up in weight (if he beats Chocolatito) for a mega fight.

Davis has a great punch. I have never denied that. Santa Cruz was having a lot of success before the KO though. I do think that Tank will have a great career if he stays focused, but I’m still not convinced that he beats the other young guys at lightweight. His punch is always a game changer though so anything can happen. The same can be said about Lopez, Garcia, and Haney too though. I’m still not sure where I would rank him at lightweight until he fights a lightweight.

Great day of fights though

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My thoughts of last nights fights

Didn't see any but the Davis fight and its card. Inoue needs no further selling, as far as I'm concerned, and why he places so low on some P4P lists is beyond me (my next pet peeve). Davis should be lurking around P4P lists himself. You just don't do that to a Leo Santa Cruz without meriting major notice from the boxing powers-that-be. I don't like his penchant for hitting women... and he reminds too much of Floyd (personality-wise)... but his greatness and potential cannot be denied. Usyk... meh. He beat a credible enough heavyweight, but that's about it. Means nothing against the Big Three.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Santa Cruz was winning rounds so probably ahead 3/2 but Davis was accumulating the more lasting damage. Similar to Spence/Brook where you could see the guy taking the rounds wasn’t winning the fight. I think Davis is a nightmare for anyone with his vision/quickness/power. But I think when he finally loses he drops off the map because he doesn’t have the IQ to adjust.

Usyk vs Chisora, bores me. Chisora is an also ran who has ran out. Usyk looked really uncomfortable with the size. His talent is tremendous, he’s had a lot of time at heavyweight and hasn’t seemed to physically get comfortable. Can he, I hope so. Does he add a little muscle, does he carry it well, lots of questions. Does he instead learn to sit on his punches a little more from time to time? Will that be enough to keep the better bigger men honest? Again, I hope so.

Inoue is a monster, perfect nickname. He’ll get his chin cracked at some point because he keeps it up on a platter. But until then his star only rises.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Davis stay at 130 or look at Lopez and Haney at 135?

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Berchelt but bigger fights with Lopez and Haney should happen sooner rather than later.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do like a Berchelt fight. I think he beats Berchelt. Berchelt has proven that he doesn’t have the greatest chin and Tank hits so hard. Berchelt would definitely stay on the outside, but I don’t know if he could stay away for all 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I do like a Berchelt fight. I think he beats Berchelt. Berchelt has proven that he doesn’t have the greatest chin and Tank hits so hard. Berchelt would definitely stay on the outside, but I don’t know if he could stay away for all 12 rounds.
    Now that would be a good fight!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Now that would be a good fight!
    Berchelt has a bit of pop himself and as we saw Santa Cruz was touching Davis and winning rounds.

I'd have to favor Davis but I think it's a really good fight on paper.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information