Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Villains in Sport

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default The Biggest Villains in Sport

I'm not certain if the topic has ever come up (I hope it hasn't) but I'm interested to know especially given our varied backgrounds of who in sport (in general) are the biggest villains and why? This is very general and please specify when you respond. This is a broad topic and some villains are going to be viewed as villains light heartedly like Christian Laettner just your typical Duke basketball player overhyped and just all around hateable or Roger Clemens pitcher who would be in the Hall of Fame but for his PEDs use vs someone who was in real life a villain like Rae Carruth who had his pregnant girlfriend murdered or Aaron Hernandez who murdered Odin Lloyd.

Villainy is a matter of perspective so let's all keep that in mind.

I started this thread specifically thinking about Lance Armstrong. While on one hand he did a lot for cancer research (fundraising etc) but he attempted to ruin peoples lives like Greg LeMond (Original American Hero of Cycling) for exposing him as a fraud. He built up the sport (a sport really nobody cares about for the most part) and damn near tore it all down...but that tearing it all down wasn't 100% on him that was on officials and the people running that sport who allowed for the prevalence of doping. Armstrong won 7 times in an era FILLED with doping! Which is quite incredible regardless, but he was/is not a good person to lie & cheat & bully to get his way.....his downfall DID lead to Britain having a resurgence in the cycling world so I don't know what you guys think of him.

Anyway, go on with your choices.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Biggest Villains in Sport

****Panama Lewis*****

Hands down.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    ****Panama Lewis*****

Hands down.
    I understand what he did that was bad, but perhaps you can go into detail

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    ****Panama Lewis*****

Hands down.
    I understand what he did that was bad, but perhaps you can go into detail
    I only know two things he did but both of them are about as bad as you can get in terms of sheer morals with regards to the health and well-being of another human being especially that he was in the capacity to protect fighters and train in an ethical manner

My first memory is that of giving "the one I mixed" to Aaron Pryor in the round prior no pun intended to The knockout round.

The second memory is removing at least one ounce of padding from both gloves of Louise Resto, resulting in tremendous damage to the health of Billy Collins both physical and mental

El Kabong Guest

Yes adding the antihistamines & speed to the water yeah that was it? It was something to open up the lungs and also give a boost of energy.

And the Resto-Collins ASSAULT was just horrible. I guess Margarito will also get a shout and Capetillo as well?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh definitely margarito, I won't even capitalize his last name. A despicable and vile act he committed against Cotto

Pacquiao's beat down of margacheato was very satisfying to watch

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don King stealing millions off the back of fighters he groomed to stay at the top of the sport for many years.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I'd imagine Maradona enjoys a nod as well what with the blatant handball in the WC

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd imagine Maradona enjoys a nod as well what with the blatant handball in the WC
    His 2nd goal makes it difficult to hate his genius. Even when he was night on a cocktail of drugs in the 94 world cup.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tex Rickard bankrupt a town hosting a Jack Dempsey fight.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck all wrong with the second goal though!
    It’s got to be the Russian Linesman for Me. Never over the line.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bobby Knight.

An abusive, tyrannical, psychopath of a college basketball coach... who only got away with all the shit he did as long as he did it because he WON. College hoops are big in Indiana... so the university brass conveniently looked away when he physically abused players, threw chairs across the court, had embarrassing meltdowns on the sidelines, and... behaved like a complete fucking idiot when he came down to P.R., assaulted a police officer, and pretty much insulted the crowd at a game. He later apologized for that... but he finally wore out his welcome at Indiana U. and got canned.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Paterno is suspected to have fucked young boys up the ass and did forced fellatio in football locker rooms... He bent over backwards to evilly and satanically cover up sex crimes.....Court documents show that victims— identified only as "John Doe 1 to 150" — were 14 to 16 years old and attending a football camp at Penn State when Paterno criminally denied Sandusky approached them in the showers. They all say that the pervert digitally penetrated them anally, "sometimes wearing bulky rings set with stones", as the boys became yet another of the many victims Sandusky molested over decades at Penn. Sandusky is also accused of performing fellatio during the half times of games in the showers.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bud Selig.
    Stood idle as a Doped up era of baseball players hit baseballs out the park, parking lot, into different zip codes.

edit- most under rated villain
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 11-03-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most notable villain: Mike Tyson.

It's one thing to bite an ear, but 2? In the same fight, same round?! will never be surpassed.
    His fight with Seldon was utter B.S. Man up & say yah, that was fixed.
    Why would he step in between the ref against Savarese? What did this guy do to piss him off like that? I say nothing. That's what a bully does. A villain by nature and not by acting. Floyd acts the part, but Mike is such a person.

This mofo rushes out to bite Lennox on the thigh, not far from where his dick is at.

4:50 into this worst of Tyson clip is when he tried to break Botha's arm. Politically correct that is a villainous move. Why? Cause a fat white old man made him miss? Often?

Next round Steele takes a point. How bad must a fighter be for this ref to take a point? He followed up with a left elbow to the jaw. After the bell.
    Of al people, why hit Orlin Norris for KD....after the bell? Villainous? Nice way to put it. 2 points deducted. Norris wanted no part wanted to quit so Mike tried to storm his corner-had to be stopped by an entire crew.

And this is the most recent act of the sport's worst villain: Claiming he wants to make money for charities by doing charity exhibition boxing.

Yet he claims he is coming to fight. Why? Roy is a friggin' fuckin' LHW!!! KO'd by other Light heavy Weights. I went from Loving Tyson to feeling sorry for him to no longer giving a F about him.
    He is the worst villain of all sports, period. Teddy Atlas you are right. Strong body, weak mind. Allways crying in interviews like he is a changed man, yet now he wants to KO a legend in Roy Jones who weighs what mike ?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information