Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Boxing Overviews - Would you watch this?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing Overviews - Would you watch this?

These are 2 videos that I made in an attempt to use my knowledge of boxing to make a YouTube series.

I am hindered because I have only ever used this website for boxing and it literally got no engagement a couple of years back on here.

Would you be interested in this if it was on your YouTube feed? If it was on here?

Considering starting it again.

All opinions are valid and appreciated.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 11-09-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing Overviews - Would you watch this?

I like them and would watch them.

The videos are short, concise and interesting as I had not heard about these fighters before.

I like the sensational parts in because it keeps you wanting to know more about them.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nicely done and a good little insight. I think too often today boxing fans, maybe society also, are to quick to dismiss eras of yesteryear, the old timey black and white as unrelatable. Definitely wish we had more footage but the history is recorded. Amazing how far technology has come, we have footage at every turn covering the last 50 years and will never lose it. I saw a short clip of Tommy Ryan talking about his post career and getting a chuckle at actually fighting 76 rounds once and pocketing a total of $600 bucks for the effort. Some look back and scoff are the records and some opponents and style etc. But that duration inside the ring probably with 4oz ? gloves or less is absolutely unreal!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Nicely done and a good little insight. I think too often today boxing fans, maybe society also, are to quick to dismiss eras of yesteryear, the old timey black and white as unrelatable. Definitely wish we had more footage but the history is recorded. Amazing how far technology has come, we have footage at every turn covering the last 50 years and will never lose it. I saw a short clip of Tommy Ryan talking about his post career and getting a chuckle at actually fighting 76 rounds once and pocketing a total of $600 bucks for the effort. Some look back and scoff are the records and some opponents and style etc. But that duration inside the ring probably with 4oz ? gloves or less is absolutely unreal!
    It cannot be forgotten.

We watching chess matches now. Who fights for what money, who gets the red/blue corner, who gets the rematch clause.

I love the time in which people fought for what they needed. Cinderella story!

Hopefully I can keep doing these!

Next, Ingemar Johansson! (Mainly because I’m half Swedish lol)
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a fan of the sport, I would watch them.

Intending to be critical here: How can you differentiate from others on the net/youtube?

This comes as more documentary-driven, so what demographic are you shooting for? I can't envision a younger generation that are so hooked on fast paced clips changing every 1-3 seconds, loud music underscoring... then taking time to watch stills accompanied by narrative underscored by somber soundtrack ( I'm attempting to get your creative juices flowing)

Maybe add comparison of current generations? be it statistical or style-wise to prove many of the fighters your profiling had the skills we see today!

I subscribe to about 5 or so boxing youtube video channels. Dante's boxing nation I think...is my most watched because he always starts off with some of the fliest bitches ...I mean ring card girls!

Be creative! Give 'em a Vendettos Logos fading in/out. A 1930s show girl clip where their using those tousles winding on their titty nipples!! Add in a clip that aint got shit to do with boxing, but indicative of that era, like pinstriped suit mafia mofos who rigged our boxing! Hit em' hard! Make novices interested as well.
    Otherwise Keep up the Good work!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    As a fan of the sport, I would watch them.

Intending to be critical here: How can you differentiate from others on the net/youtube?

This comes as more documentary-driven, so what demographic are you shooting for? I can't envision a younger generation that are so hooked on fast paced clips changing every 1-3 seconds, loud music underscoring... then taking time to watch stills accompanied by narrative underscored by somber soundtrack ( I'm attempting to get your creative juices flowing)

Maybe add comparison of current generations? be it statistical or style-wise to prove many of the fighters your profiling had the skills we see today!

I subscribe to about 5 or so boxing youtube video channels. Dante's boxing nation I think...is my most watched because he always starts off with some of the fliest bitches ...I mean ring card girls!

Be creative! Give 'em a Vendettos Logos fading in/out. A 1930s show girl clip where their using those tousles winding on their titty nipples!! Add in a clip that aint got shit to do with boxing, but indicative of that era, like pinstriped suit mafia mofos who rigged our boxing! Hit em' hard! Make novices interested as well.
    Otherwise Keep up the Good work!
    Thanks for the feedback fella.

So I did these vids about 3 years ago as a sort of test. I actually made a 7/8 seconds long intro for the series as well as writing about maybe 6 or 7 other videos ready to be recorded.

A couple of those videos did use comparisons to newer fighters and also current events however I feel that YT is littered with boxing channels reporting every time a boxer farts.

The idea was to have 3 series on the go a week
    - Boxing Overviews
    - Tactical Brilliance (Covering fights in which tactics played a huge role or just certain tactics in general)
    - Ones to Watch (up and comers)

It never really got off the ground due to my commitments, work etc.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Handle your biz V, I'll check out each one & link it to my homies!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information