Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will you stop yourself from going INSANE during your retirement?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How will you stop yourself from going INSANE during your retirement?

I have thought and thought about this for many years, and consulted with many retirees. It seems some choose to never stop working, and I am starting to believe this is the solution to avoid going nuts during your retirement. Hobbies were always the traditional mantra I remember hearing ad nauseum: have hobbies, it will keep you busy. But based on previous long vacations I have had, hobbies were never enough to prevent general feelings of not being productive, etc. So if you take up golf, or guitar, or exercise, I personally dont think it would be enough to keep one's mind fit and active.

What are all y'all's thoughts on "How to not go insane during retirement"? (And who will be the first to quip (I think I know!), "Hell, I got so many years left to work until retirement that I never even gave this shat a thought!" mwahaha ) ?

So whats the scoop, gents and gyals? Golf? Fishing? Bowling? Gardening? A salad mix of all of the above? Working forever?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How will you stop yourself from going INSANE during your retirement?

Constant frantic masturbation, that's my plan
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How will you stop yourself from going INSANE during your retirement?

Stay busy by helping family, volunteering to help people and keep active with regular exercise.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Stay busy by helping family, volunteering to help people and keep active with regular exercise.
    Yes volunteering is great. Not enough people go to poor areas and give their time. Once I retire or even beforehand, I will teach for free for the rest of my life in order to help people and be active and productive. We are going to Bhutan or Nepal to volunteer as soon as travel is more normalized.

X had a great one, until he used the adjective "frantic" -- this gives us all concern in so, so many ways lol

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are insane you big nose cunt 😂

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    You are insane you big nose cunt 😂
    "Cocaine Eyes"

by Brooklyn Brockwurst

He snorted too much
    And then he went Dutch
    With black, sunken-in eyes
    Like dark cloudy skies;

He really loves Torquay
    But really's just a Turkey
    All cottony and herky jerky
    With clips on his nips, he's all dj perky.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Might move back to the West coast and become an Independent grower . I'm more on an introvert last number of years. Retirement feels like 100 yrs away. Shit I took days off a few months ago and by the 3rd I was Clorox wiping the ceiling fans, laying new carpet in the den and scrubbing the garage floor with a small hand brush . Wouldn't know what to do with months off.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Might move back to the West coast and become an Independent grower . I'm more on an introvert last number of years. Retirement feels like 100 yrs away. Shit I took days off a few months ago and by the 3rd I was Clorox wiping the ceiling fans, laying new carpet in the den and scrubbing the garage floor with a small hand brush . Wouldn't know what to do with months off.
    "Clorox wiping the ceiling fans"

by Spicoli

Clorox wiping the ceiling fans
    In all of the rooms
    Working hard with both hands
    On top of sand dunes:

Stroking animals
    Though some are quite rabid
    Is riskier than reading manuals
    or feeding a rabbit

Now Gandmiles is gone
    Prolly teaching by Zoom
    Just like a Black Swan
    While Spicoli dances the Dunes!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll retire from my actual job and then in old age I'm going to become a criminal. I've squared it with my family, they all know. Assuming there are any around by then I'll get a job in some sort of electrical place and rob the fuckers blind and be blatant about it. B&Q hire old people don't they. I'll be wheeling appliances out the front door in a stolen wheelbarrow. I'll get caught for sure, maybe go to prison for a short time but fuck it. That'll be a better conversation piece than "The geraniums have come up well this year" wont it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"rob the fuckers blind and be blatant about it"

by Memphis

rob the fuckers blind and be blatant about it
    may even cut their throats -- don't doubt it!
    you fuckers don't know me, I'll cut your asses
    then i'll go bang all the lasses.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m going to start a company called broom teams that allows people to see each other of the internet and talk and shit. Then I’ll introduce a virus in the world or at least hype the common cold so everyone has to stay home and use my service. I’ll be an oligarch and interfere with elections and do other crazy shit. Then I’ll create a new social media outlet which will become the new thing and I will radicalize everyone. Then I’ll look at all the damage I caused and feel guilty. I’ll just stay home and watch TV after that I guess.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I’m going to start a company called broom teams that allows people to see each other of the internet and talk and shit. Then I’ll introduce a virus in the world or at least hype the common cold so everyone has to stay home and use my service. I’ll be an oligarch and interfere with elections and do other crazy shit. Then I’ll create a new social media outlet which will become the new thing and I will radicalize everyone. Then I’ll look at all the damage I caused and feel guilty. I’ll just stay home and watch TV after that I guess.
    The stronth sense of sarcasm here is clear, but I never saw you on our weekly get+to-gethers. We already have a way you said. Just zoom can allow people to see and hear ourself. You'll log in for tomorrow would be a great new development.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zoley View Post
    The stronth sense of sarcasm here is clear, but I never saw you on our weekly get+to-gethers. We already have a way you said. Just zoom can allow people to see and hear ourself. You'll log in for tomorrow would be a great new development.
    All zooms have been boycotted till Miles is free

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zoley View Post
    All zooms have been boycotted till Miles is free

Ironically Gandalf is actually free to join whether he is self banned or not.

He won't though.

Just like you won't.

If you really wanted to change anything you would join in after your own weird self imposed boycott. What you are really advocating is doing nothing for your mate.

Sounds about right.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is Miles

Thread Information