Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hughie Fury V Mariusz Wach

Being touted for December. There's part of me that wants Hughie to step out from the shadow and do well. There's seems to be something in him that stops that from happening. He's had his chances. Genuine Word title shot at Parker, two further fights at World level with Pulev and Povetkin. Gave a decent account of himself in the Pulev fight if I remember rightly but spent the bulk of both the Parker and Povetkin fights backpedaling, fiddling about as he does. Stand to reason, Pulev is the weakest and by far the more static of the three yet Hughie still couldn't find a way or find it in himself to make a concerted effort to get on the front foot.

He's already got a mountain to climb for recognition for obvious reasons and he isn't helped by all the nonsense spoken on his behalf. "This time....." What is the this the 4th or 5th time that we'll be seeing 'The Real' Hughie Fury? Some see him as a bit of a laughing stock, bit unfair. He's certainly the poor relation to his cousin but he's not without skill, good movement, good chin. He's big but not imposing and lacks the dig to put a dent on anything at the highest level. His better opponents have got free reign to march towards him without fear of what's coming back and they can simply outwork him and land the more eye catching punches. Hughie's decent work goes largely unnoticed, lost in the monotonous retreat.

If this comes off I'd go with Hughie winning on points in a fight that flatters neither. Then we'll hear again on Hughie's behalf how this is his time and he's ready for another World title crack.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hughie Fury V Mariusz Wach

And to think he's only 26 years old and it feels like he's been around longer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hughie Fury V Mariusz Wach

I was thinking that as I posted it. He started proper young didn't he. I think Tyson and he cooked up some plan for Hughie to be World champion by 19 years of age.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information