Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fake News is here to stay. Or... is it. ;-)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fake News is here to stay. Or... is it. ;-)

TV news are no longer to be believed. ANY channel. CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS are all anti-Trump biased networks. Can't believe a word they say. Fox News is just as bad... but to the other side. They LOVE Trump... and of course can't be believed either. Those who watch TV for their news are now lumped in with those who believe the Earth is flat round flat round... whatever. Sheeple.

Social media is no better. You got your Media Bias sites... but who's "bias checking" them? And who's "bias checking" the ones checking on the "bias checkers"? And.....

Conspiracy theorists are having a field day, and even have their own vocabulary (which you all better brush up on... lest you be labeled as sheeple). Amazing how spellcheck didn't even flinch at "sheeple."

That DOES it!!

There's only one way to get your "true" news, unbiased and truthful........ in person.

Yes... that's all that's left, folks.

You want the real scoop? You gotta go in person to where the news is at. Don't watch TV for the news. Forget social media. Go out and see it for yourself.

It's gonna get real expensive, but wtf.....

Me... I'm gonna start choosing my media outlets more carefully and only after thorough analysis.

Whoever starts using hot news commentators in skimpy tops and tight pants..... THOSE are going to be my trusted news media.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fake News is here to stay. Or... is it. ;-)

Didn't actually want to start a new thread... and this one will do.

In any case, the OP remains as true as ever.

However... there's one other factor that must be added to the equation as being one of the most corrosive, harmful, pointless ways in which some people tend to spread news (real or fake).

It can be summed up in two simple words:

SENSATIONALISM SUCKS!!!

Yep.

Some people apparently live for the shock value of being the ones to sensationalize news to the point where everything is exaggerated and/or taken out of context.

Politics, COVID, the weather..... you name it.

Some people live off sensationalism like the rest of us live off oxygen.

Pathetic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We live in a society where one of the most favorite quotations is believe nothing you read and only half of what you see. Fake new reins supreme at this point and to believe half of what we see is being too generous. Do you remember that during the credits at the end of the movie you just saw they name the special effects people? So what's real with newscasters they don't know shit and are assigned pieces by the producers in consideration of their reading level. If you are socially acquainted with these people and ask an opinion, be sure you have a pillow, blanket and reasonably simple written excuse of how you were bored to slumber land and so easily by them. Fake news is delivered with enthusiasm and seriously delivered facts bore those that bore the rest of us. So remember those four old ladies that gossip sipping tea every Sunday afternoon, their favorite subject is the hemlines on the teenage girls in the neighborhood. Don't let these people get comfortable tell you their lies are facts. Don't let people who swear they were at church that morning and every Sunday morning stroke you. Like fake news, their soft soak brand of bullshit is here to stay.
    Last edited by johnsebastianmiran; 04-15-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the skimpy tops and hotpants thing. You could try just reading the actual news articles in a newspaper and ignoring all the opinion stuff and just working it out yourself. That's what everybody I know does.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah well... it's not like articles come with "Actual news article" or "Opinion stuff" plastered all over them, do they.

Just being facetious there... but if it was that simple we wouldn't have the whole huge ball of shit we have nowadays... with people believing crap from all extremes of the spectrum.

I'll only speak for myself, not anybody else I know. I use that magic word called "discernment", coupled with those two magic words called "common sense."

Sounds simple enough. But judging by what people pass off as real news nowadays, it seems to be in really short supply.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say the media was always fake-to a degree. The problem I think is that it was a workable issue-so as long as it isn't (my demographic) being slanted against.

I'm sure the natives in America felt the media (newspapers) were fake, not relevant to their plight dating back to the arrival of colonists.
    Then came the Africans, news didn't tell their plight.

The Making of the President is my go to era for the current demographic complaining the media is fake.
    Bush Jr team also pushed that narrative, but wasn't successful like #45.

He once boarded AirForce with a book in his hand. Bias written by Bernard Goldberg. He was never again seen with a book, front cover showing the title.

We're polarized returning to tribalism only from a partisan perspective, not so much racial or ethnicity.

No way to regain the trust because most of the nations have dissected themselves & will show a greater need to find an enemy within the country than outside it.
    Media was the conduit to create the riff -the people obliged.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll keep on harping on SENSATIONALISM.

Why do some people feed off this crap?

Need for attention? Desire to be the ones to "break the news"?

It's a psychotic disorder. Sad part is there are plenty of people out there willing to take it all in.

Sensationalism about EVERYTHING.

Politics... COVID... the climate... anything deemed newsworthy gets amplified by the factor of infinity. Why?

Why can't we just let news speak for themselves instead of incurring in all this "the sky is falling" crap?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I (think) I understand. When you say sensationalim what comes to mind are a few youtubers I watch sometimes is ROF Ring of Fire the Other is David Pakman.

All of their titles- tell the story

Tucker Carlson's Dumbest Guest Ever
    Republican Senator crumbles
    Trump Gives the Dumbest speech ever.

Headlines like those is what comes to mind when I try to put the word sensationalism with media.

One doesn't need to watch a minute to know these two guys are pro-liberal, anti conservative.
    One doesn't need to read a single sentence on FOX's website to know they have a position they are pushing as their titles are just as condemning as the progressives.

Makes it hard for me to take either side seriously.

Call the article Tucker Carlson's recent speech......and then let me decide if it was the dumbest ever.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually Slim, when I refer to "sensationalism" I'm mostly referring to the bending and stretching of actual news to create undue panic or unrest in people. Something along the lines of......

"New Medical Study Reveals that the COVID-19 Vaccine Makes You Grow a 3rd Arm After Two Years!!"

or...

"Deep Cover Sting Operation Reveals Joe Biden is Actually a Member of an International Cartel Which Intends to Annex Mexico as the 51st State... Opening the Border for Limitless Drug Flow!!"

or even...

"Research Has Shown that Excessive Use of Facemasks Against COVID-19 Causes Cancer!!"

Trump and His Minions® don't need sensationalism.

They come with their own circus tent.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crystal Clear!

Thread Information