1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Callum Smith on Dec 19th

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo Alvarez to face Avni Yildirim on Feb. 27, hoping for two more fights in 2021

Boxing fans won’t have to wait long for Canelo Alvarez’s next fight.

The WBC and WBA super middleweight champion will face WBC mandatory challenger Avni Yildirim on Feb. 27, his manager and trainer Eddy Reynoso told the Los Angeles Times. While the Times also reported the fight will take place in Alvarez’s birthplace of Guadalajara, Mexico, Reynoso later tweeted a clarification that the location has not yet been determined.

If Guadalajara (or anywhere else in Mexico) is the pick, the fight will be Alvarez’s first in the country since 2011, a span of 17 fights.

Canelo Alvarez has big plans for 2021
    Alvarez is coming off a dominant win over Callum Smith last weekend to unify the super middleweight titles, taking Smith’s WBA (Super) belt and the vacant WBC belt. Despite going the distance and winning by unanimous decision, Alvarez is now reportedly on track to lace up his gloves just two months later.

Such a short wait is a welcome change from the lay-off Alvarez had between his previous two fights, with more than 13 months elapsing between his wins over Sergey Kovalev in November 2019 and Smith last Saturday. That was mostly due to an untenable financial situation between Alvarez and DAZN, which eventually went away when the boxer was released from his record contract.

Should Alvarez win and remain unscathed, Reynoso told the Times that he intends to fight at 168 pounds on Cinco De Mayo and Mexican Independence Day in 2021, which would lead to lay-offs of three and four months, respectively.

Possible opponents reportedly include WBO champion Billy Joe Saunders, IBC champion Caleb Plant and Gennadiy Golovkin, who would have to move up in weight to make the trilogy happen.

In Yildirim, Alvarez will be facing an opponent in an extended hiatus of his own, as the Turkish challenger hasn’t fought since losing a title challenge against then-WBC super middleweight champ Anthony Dirrell in February 2019. The 21-2 Yildirim lost by 10th-round technical decision.

Since then, Yildirim has tested positive for two performance-enhancing drugs, but avoided a suspension after the WBC determined he didn’t take the substances intentionally.

Yildirim figures to be a massive underdog, though he’s already a financial winner by virtue of landing a fight against boxing’s biggest draw. Yildirim reportedly had a right to compete for the WBC belt as mandatory challenge, but agreed to step aside on the condition he faced the winner of Alvarez-Smith.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/canelo-a...043731383.html
    So Yildirim hasn’t fought since he lost nearly 2 years ago and tested positive for PED’s and he’s the WBC Mandatory ?
    Now that’s what pisses me off. But it’s Canelo that’ll get the flack.

It's the WBC mandatory for Canelo........................................ The W...B...C.

I won't give Canelo any flak on that, although I'm sure he's more than happy to comply with the mandatory.

But the We Blow Canelo ... World Boxing Council?? They have a track record with Canelo that needs no further explanation here.
    I hear what you’re saying, so he’s got the WBC in his pocket.
    Well if any boxer can dictate to arguably the biggest belts in boxing , then there’s no hope.
    I think it suits the WBC to be aligned to Canelo and vice versa.
    It’s not like the small fry WBO and Warren , it’s a real organisation.
    My thoughts on this are, get this mando out the way quickly and then fight a real fight.
    It’s weird to view any title above any other at this point. I honestly never pay attention to what belt someone has. I just generally know that certain fighters have some sort of belt. I in no way view one belt more legitimate than another.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wouldn't it be an example to set for other fighters to follow if canelo fought four times this year
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    wouldn't it be an example to set for other fighters to follow if canelo fought four times this year
    It absolutely would. I doubt if it’ll actually happen though.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would give him a ton of credit if he did that

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As long as 1 of those fights is Charlo then good on him.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    charlo would need to move up, i don't think we will see canelo at middle again. avni, caleb & billy joe should be easy to make
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

charlo would need to move up, i don't think we will see canelo at middle again. avni, caleb & billy joe should be easy to make
    And not one fight to care about there. Charlo has already said he would move up for Canelo. He already chased him out of 2 divisions and made them invent a sanctioned ducking mechanism. Why not chase him out of a 3rd?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo's on record saying he'd be interested in Spence at 160.

So it's as it's always been. He "can't make 160"... but will (cough) find a way to make it if it's overblown Spence being offered as a sacrifice.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And not one fight to care about there. Charlo has already said he would move up for Canelo. He already chased him out of 2 divisions and made them invent a sanctioned ducking mechanism. Why not chase him out of a 3rd?
    we could weight for them to fight each other. everybody would move for canelo, nothing new there

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it's as it's always been. He "can't make 160"... but will (cough) find a way to make it if it's overblown Spence being offered as a sacrifice.
    i don't think we'll see canelo at middle again. i didn't say he can't make the weight. ggg did it with brook, canelo would only be doing the same

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't think we'll see canelo at middle again. i didn't say he can't make the weight. ggg did it with brook, canelo would only be doing the same

Canelo's already "done the same." Khan.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we could weight for them to fight each other. everybody would move for canelo, nothing new there
    So you’re admitting “weight” that he’s going to run. Got it. More Caneloweight fights coming you suppose?

Edit-run again. Because he’s already run multiple times(nobody is forgetting Caneloweight)

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he gave khan a canelo weight. spence is considered pound for pound at least that's something. i don't want that fight but canelo will shut him up if need be

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you’re admitting “weight” that he’s going to run. Got it. More Caneloweight fights coming you suppose?

Edit-run again. Because he’s already run multiple times(nobody is forgetting Caneloweight)
    should have been wait. canelo doesn't seem the type to run from tough opponents. jermall will get some when the time is right

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he gave khan a canelo weight. spence is considered pound for pound at least that's something. i don't want that fight but canelo will shut him up if need be
    At one point Brook outweighed Golovkin days before the fight.

The only way Khan would've ever outweighed Canelo would've been if he jumped up and down on the scale and they took the peak weight.

Not worth arguing about.

Canelo robotically swatted Khan the Human Fly with the first (and only) punch he managed to land.

Some fight.

Thread Information