Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
As long as 1 of those fights is Charlo then good on him.
charlo would need to move up, i don't think we will see canelo at middle again. avni, caleb & billy joe should be easy to make
And not one fight to care about there. Charlo has already said he would move up for Canelo. He already chased him out of 2 divisions and made them invent a sanctioned ducking mechanism. Why not chase him out of a 3rd?
we could weight for them to fight each other. everybody would move for canelo, nothing new there
So you’re admitting “weight” that he’s going to run. Got it. More Caneloweight fights coming you suppose?

Edit-run again. Because he’s already run multiple times(nobody is forgetting Caneloweight)
should have been wait. canelo doesn't seem the type to run from tough opponents. jermall will get some when the time is right
Let’s cut the back and forth and both admit what holds that fight up. Canelo has always had fast hands and good head movement with sound defense, and that’s only getting better(the head movement and defense). But he has never had fast feet and he is slower of foot since his knee injury.

The reason the Charlo fight is put off in favor of others is he has movement with a powerful long jab and power in both hands. He’s not as good as Canelo but those factors do not favor Canelo’s current situation. He can handle a mover that can’t keep him honest(BJS) or a plodder that is long and powerful (Smith, Kovalev). But nobody wants a long powerful, fast opponent that can also move. Even if they are better fighters.(GGG and Canelo)

So people refuse the fight and use “who has he fought, what does he offer”, a guy can’t say “I fought XXX” if XXX won’t fight him. It’s a sick circle of picking fights that look hard, but aren’t actually hard. While ignoring fights that present real problems. I don’t blame Canelo. His resume is stellar. But I do blame media and fans that support the BS. I get the media’s motivation but fans should be honest about it.

Canelo probably wins the fight, but it should happen so we can see. Literally nobody wants the Avni fight or the BJS fight, the Plant fight presents some issues but his chin will probably let him down. That’s a year gone, in Canelo’s prime, proving nothing.