1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury's record is laughable

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Ross

Fair play to the fella. He was firmly in Fury's corner and he came good on his word. My memory is shite but didn't he leave as part of a bet? Shame.
    There was no reason for Ross to leave, he did not lose a bet. Primo gave him some stick and he could not tolerate it anymore and decided to leave. His choice.

The strange thing was he took way more crap for backing Fury over years than what he actually left for.

I thought we would Ross come back when Fury beat Wilder but he is that stubborn.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ross

Fair play to the fella. He was firmly in Fury's corner and he came good on his word. My memory is shite but didn't he leave as part of a bet? Shame.
    There was no reason for Ross to leave, he did not lose a bet. Primo gave him some stick and he could not tolerate it anymore and decided to leave. His choice.

The strange thing was he took way more crap for backing Fury over years than what he actually left for.

I thought we would Ross come back when Fury beat Wilder but he is that stubborn.
    Hang on a minute, that’s bullshit with all due respect. It makes it sound like I drove the fucker out.
    Loads of people gave him stick, and I gave him props loads of times . I lost the bet.
    I gave him more stick about Eubank Jr. Than Fury.
    Tell you what I’m gonna do, I’m sending him a PM because if he left cos of me , I would be mortified.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Ross

Hang on a minute, that’s bullshit with all due respect. It makes it sound like I drove the fucker out.
    Loads of people gave him stick, and I gave him props loads of times . I lost the bet.
    I gave him more stick about Eubank Jr. Than Fury.
    Tell you what I’m gonna do, I’m sending him a PM because if he left cos of me , I would be mortified.
    I was joking, you were the straw that broke him, it was his choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ's record is better, although Fury has 2 better names on his record.

Fury beating Wlad before AJ did, in his adopted country, whilst he was a dominant champion was more impressive than what AJ did against Wlad.

Fury beating Wilder twice when AJ was in a better position to unify is also another positive for Tyson Fury.

Fury has only himself to blame for wasting 3 years of his career due to mental health/drugs, depends on how you see it, and wondering in the wilderness. This allowed AJ to clean up most of the division and beat the better names.

I do disagree with you when you say AJ had to face the scrutiny that Fury did not and so may not have developed as he should have. I see AJ enjoying the fame, money and notoriety whilst developing his boxing skills and career.
    I thought AJ's victory over Vlad Klit was more exciting than Fury's performance against Vlad, and i agree, AJ's record is way better than fury's, however i predict fury will whoop AJ if and when they fight.....another thing i find interesting is that everyone gives Fury and AJ full credit for beating Vlad @ 40yrs, but no one gives M.Tyson credit for destroying a 38yr old Holmes. Holmes is considered by most to be the best HW champ of all time, along with Ali and Louis and at the time 1988 ,Holmes was basically undefeated with the exception of 2 questionable decision losses to M.Spinks....a little of topic but would like to hear your opinion. 🥊...ps...fury has come a long way from severe depression and obesity to expose that big stiff wilder who thinks he would ko prime tyson in 1rd 🤣.....imo AJ has a suspect chin
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my first time posting here in 10yrs....wtf happened to coolclicks?
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by spanky-banky View Post

Fury beating Wlad before AJ did, in his adopted country, whilst he was a dominant champion was more impressive than what AJ did against Wlad.

Fury beating Wilder twice when AJ was in a better position to unify is also another positive for Tyson Fury.

Fury has only himself to blame for wasting 3 years of his career due to mental health/drugs, depends on how you see it, and wondering in the wilderness. This allowed AJ to clean up most of the division and beat the better names.

I do disagree with you when you say AJ had to face the scrutiny that Fury did not and so may not have developed as he should have. I see AJ enjoying the fame, money and notoriety whilst developing his boxing skills and career.
    I thought AJ's victory over Vlad Klit was more exciting than Fury's performance against Vlad, and i agree, AJ's record is way better than fury's, however i predict fury will whoop AJ if and when they fight.....another thing i find interesting is that everyone gives Fury and AJ full credit for beating Vlad @ 40yrs, but no one gives M.Tyson credit for destroying a 38yr old Holmes. Holmes is considered by most to be the best HW champ of all time, along with Ali and Louis and at the time 1988 ,Holmes was basically undefeated with the exception of 2 questionable decision losses to M.Spinks....a little of topic but would like to hear your opinion. 🥊...ps...fury has come a long way from severe depression and obesity to expose that big stiff wilder who thinks he would ko prime tyson in 1rd 🤣.....imo AJ has a suspect chin

Good point on Mike. Didn't realize the respective ages of Wlad and Holmes at those times. Mike not only beat Holmes... he DESTROYED him. He should get a ton more credit than he gets for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Good point on Mike. Didn't realize the respective ages of Wlad and Holmes at those times. Mike not only beat Holmes... he DESTROYED him. He should get a ton more credit than he gets for that.
    hey there TitoFan...i remember you from back in the day...i originally started posting in 2005 but had to sign in under different name 2007....havnt been on here in like 8yrs. Is user violentdemise and ICB still around? and what happened to cool clicks?
    Last edited by spanky-banky; 11-26-2020 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey there TitoFan...i remember you from back in the day...i originally started posting in 2005 but had to sign in under different name 2007....havnt been on here in like 8yrs. Is user violentdemise and ICB still around? and what happened to cool clicks?

Hi spanky. I started in 2005 too... so basically we're both 15-year veterans here. Cool clicks got eliminated at some point... don't recall exactly when. All that remains are Likes and Thanks. Oh... and Reputations too.

VD and ICB I have no idea. Not even a members search shows either one of them, which is odd.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi spanky. I started in 2005 too... so basically we're both 15-year veterans here. Cool clicks got eliminated at some point... don't recall exactly when. All that remains are Likes and Thanks. Oh... and Reputations too.

VD and ICB I have no idea. Not even a members search shows either one of them, which is odd.
    VD got banned and ICB stopped posting for reasons that are embarrassing for him to mention here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

VD got banned and ICB stopped posting for reasons that are embarrassing for him to mention here.
    ok thanks.....thats a shame....i always enjoyed debating ICB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would a fair conclusion be that while Fury went off the rails Joshua cleaned up a bit, but the Wilder spectacle never materialised (blame whoever you want).
    Warren and Fury took a big gamble in taking the Wilder fight and it paid off big time, and then he goes and knocks him out second time round to propel himself back up to his standing at the top table.
    Hindsight is easy, but Hearn and Josh must be ruing the Wilder fight never happening after all the back and forth, seeing him dismantled by Fury, AJ could have been the full unified champ without having to take Ruiz and that bad loss, and this debate wouldn't even be happening!

I think as it's turned out Fury is seen as the man at the top due to how he beat Wilder while the Ruiz loss damaged Josh's standing somewhat.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Would a fair conclusion be that while Fury went off the rails Joshua cleaned up a bit, but the Wilder spectacle never materialised (blame whoever you want).
    Warren and Fury took a big gamble in taking the Wilder fight and it paid off big time, and then he goes and knocks him out second time round to propel himself back up to his standing at the top table.
    Hindsight is easy, but Hearn and Josh must be ruing the Wilder fight never happening after all the back and forth, seeing him dismantled by Fury, AJ could have been the full unified champ without having to take Ruiz and that bad loss, and this debate wouldn't even be happening!

I think as it's turned out Fury is seen as the man at the top due to how he beat Wilder while the Ruiz loss damaged Josh's standing somewhat.
    I agree that AJ should have taken on Wilder to become undisputed champion and let it slip but it has come out that Wilder was asking for a "kings ransom" for the title. AJ/Eddie made a business decision not to increase their bid and probably hoped Wilder would lose the belt preferably against Whyte which never did materialise.
    Last edited by Master; 11-30-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post

I agree that AJ should have taken on Wilder to become undisputed champion and let it slip but it has come out that Wilder was asking for a "kings ransom" for the title. AJ/Eddie made a business decision not to increase their bid and probably hoped Wilder would lose the belt preferably against Whyte which never did materialise.
    All talk about money/contracts I just don't believe any of what anyone says! It's always a blame game and the truth is that no one really knows what was discussed, who stalled or demanded things and they will never admit to why things didn't materialise.

That being said, IF that's the way tings went then it's unfortunate and AJ was never going to get the Wilder fight, but at the time both sides claimed to want the fight and were blaming the other side. Who really knows!?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to fast Eddie when compared to AJ's

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...-its-laughable

So what we saying. Who's got the better record?

I think language is important here. Record. A record, to me is pure data. Facts and figures. Under that criteria I think AJ has the better record. Better quality of opposition, sooner and in a shorter space of time.

Last ten fights. Just on paper a better list of fighters in Joshua's column for me.

If we look at their records on the whole, call it a resume if you like, it changes the picture for me a little. Fury has half a dozen or so fights on Joshua. Fury spent those half a dozen fights having up and downers with Steve Cunningham, Neven Pajkic. Going life and death with John McDermott. Ducking David Price to fight Martin Rogan for the Irish title. Fighting Vinny Maddalone at the Hand Arena around the corner from me.

Those experiences are important. They weren't exactly under the radar affairs, they would have been televised but compared to the scrutiny of every Joshua fight they were low key to say the least. Fury was considered a bit of a novelty with a great name and very much the poor relation to David price up until Price fell apart in 2013.

Those knocks, near misses and low key fights under the cover of obscurity, novelty and no where near the white heat of an AJ event have shaped Fury into what he has become. He truly knows who he is as a fighter and what he can and can't do. Joshua had no such luxury. From day one he was a star and under the microscope. No room for a dodgy points win at British level, no room for being dumped on your backside by a cruiserweight or no name Canadian, it just couldn't happen. In a way he's a victim of his own success. He's smashed his way to the top and then had to start thinking about it. He's learned his lessons and taken his lumps at the highest possible level. Fury covered some of that ground 8 years ago and it stands him in better stead in 2020.

On paper. AJ has the better 'record'. But on the whole there's an argument for Fury's way building a better more rounded fighter who is completely at one with himself, and what he is doing in the ring. I'm not convinced Joshua is in that place yet.

IMO AJ has the better record on paper, the better career overall. 2 years he snatched the commonwealth. Snatched four (0)s from his foes & snatched 3 belts in his 1st four years? That is credible!

While I am an avid supporter of Wilder fights, I can't base my standing to grade him, rather the board's standing is more objective. And that is Wilder sucks. Per this forum and all others, his balance is bad, his jab is barely average. His defense is porous, his resume is subpar or decent at best.

For fans to dog Wilder, then uplift him for Fury's sake IMO is hypocritical. I like Wilder because of that right hand its a mutha!!!

In other words Fury beat a one trick pony. Albeit it a helluva one hitter quitter one trick pony, nonetheless it does nothing that spruces up his resume.

As far as stating AJ knows who he is as a fighter and AJ doesn't -not sure I agree with that. IMO Ruiz 2 proved AJ knows who he is & his limitations to which is why he had no problems being called out for choosing to box the fat guy as opposed to taking the fight to him.

Previous to that, him getting off the canvas against Wlad is a rarety as well. He learned he could rise from the canvas, Even against Ruiz I, but the ref denied him the chance to go out on his shield.
    I think Fury is a better boxer with a shitty resume. He also stands to beat AJ, but I wouldn't equate that to having a better career.

....another thing i find interesting is that everyone gives Fury and AJ full credit for beating Vlad @ 40yrs, but no one gives M.Tyson credit for destroying a 38yr old Holmes. Holmes is considered by most to be the best HW champ of all time, along with Ali and Louis and at the time 1988 ,Holmes was basically undefeated with the exception of 2 questionable decision losses to M.Spinks....a
    Good points.
    On Tyson/Holmes Fury-Aj/Klit comparison: I'm guilty of such!

Neither AJ nor Fury going into the fight was seen as murderous punchers. Mike was.
    Kiltschko wasn't coming off a 2 year retirement vs Fury, like Larry, who was- I think touring with his band?

I didn't give Mike credit then nor now and appreciate his post interview when he stated he beat Larry Holmes the Legend, not the fighter.
    Fury was and still has detractors, so that made it all the more surreal that he beat Wlad....using Wlad's style. Did they even land 200 punches combined? IMO that fight would rate in my bottom 5 worst HW championship fights.

As far as AJ over Wlad? Good win for him. IMO it was Wlad's long rule that may have given many a reason to side with him over AJ, whereas Mike didn't rule for very long. It was brief, but menacing.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 12-10-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information