183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury's record is laughable

According to fast Eddie when compared to AJ's

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...-its-laughable

So what we saying. Who's got the better record?

I think language is important here. Record. A record, to me is pure data. Facts and figures. Under that criteria I think AJ has the better record. Better quality of opposition, sooner and in a shorter space of time.

Last ten fights. Just on paper a better list of fighters in Joshua's column for me.

Ruiz Wilder
    Ruiz Wallin
    Povetkin Schwarz
    Parker Wilder
    Takam Pieneta
    Klitschko Seferi
    Molina Klitschko
    Breazeale Hammer
    Martin Chisora
    Whyte fight 15 Abell fight 22

If we look at their records on the whole, call it a resume if you like, it changes the picture for me a little. Fury has half a dozen or so fights on Joshua. Fury spent those half a dozen fights having up and downers with Steve Cunningham, Neven Pajkic. Going life and death with John McDermott. Ducking David Price to fight Martin Rogan for the Irish title. Fighting Vinny Maddalone at the Hand Arena around the corner from me.

Those experiences are important. They weren't exactly under the radar affairs, they would have been televised but compared to the scrutiny of every Joshua fight they were low key to say the least. Fury was considered a bit of a novelty with a great name and very much the poor relation to David price up until Price fell apart in 2013.

Those knocks, near misses and low key fights under the cover of obscurity, novelty and no where near the white heat of an AJ event have shaped Fury into what he has become. He truly knows who he is as a fighter and what he can and can't do. Joshua had no such luxury. From day one he was a star and under the microscope. No room for a dodgy points win at British level, no room for being dumped on your backside by a cruiserweight or no name Canadian, it just couldn't happen. In a way he's a victim of his own success. He's smashed his way to the top and then had to start thinking about it. He's learned his lessons and taken his lumps at the highest possible level. Fury covered some of that ground 8 years ago and it stands him in better stead in 2020.

On paper. AJ has the better 'record'. But on the whole there's an argument for Fury's way building a better more rounded fighter who is completely at one with himself, and what he is doing in the ring. I'm not convinced Joshua is in that place yet.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury's record is laughable

AJ's record is better, although Fury has 2 better names on his record.

Fury beating Wlad before AJ did, in his adopted country, whilst he was a dominant champion was more impressive than what AJ did against Wlad.

Fury beating Wilder twice when AJ was in a better position to unify is also another positive for Tyson Fury.

Fury has only himself to blame for wasting 3 years of his career due to mental health/drugs, depends on how you see it, and wondering in the wilderness. This allowed AJ to clean up most of the division and beat the better names.

I do disagree with you when you say AJ had to face the scrutiny that Fury did not and so may not have developed as he should have. I see AJ enjoying the fame, money and notoriety whilst developing his boxing skills and career.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    AJ's record is better, although Fury has 2 better names on his record.

Fury beating Wlad before AJ did, in his adopted country, whilst he was a dominant champion was more impressive than what AJ did against Wlad.

Fury beating Wilder twice when AJ was in a better position to unify is also another positive for Tyson Fury.

Fury has only himself to blame for wasting 3 years of his career due to mental health/drugs, depends on how you see it, and wondering in the wilderness. This allowed AJ to clean up most of the division and beat the better names.

I do disagree with you when you say AJ had to face the scrutiny that Fury did not and so may not have developed as he should have. I see AJ enjoying the fame, money and notoriety whilst developing his boxing skills and career.
    AJ had the same fame that Fury did but still didn’t get busted for PEDS.

We cannot skip over that fact.

I think we can all agree Fury’s style is awful to watch but he is still the man to beat in the division.

His resume is awful but he has beat the x2 big names.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, not to nitpick, but Fury doesn't have "two" better names and half of AJ's opposition is 50/50 with Wilder. Fury's matchmaking/path has been brilliant (lucky). If you add 4 or 5 of AJ's victims to his record he's one of the greatest heavyweights in history, instead of having one cert HOF-er on his record which he shares with AJ.

Good point about context. Most of Fury's fanatical fans - who just happen to despise all things Joshua - didn't know he existed when Fat John was duffing him up on Friday Fight Night in front of one man and a dog.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Well, not to nitpick, but Fury doesn't have "two" better names and half of AJ's opposition is 50/50 with Wilder. Fury's matchmaking/path has been brilliant (lucky). If you add 4 or 5 of AJ's victims to his record he's one of the greatest heavyweights in history, instead of having one cert HOF-er on his record which he shares with AJ.

Good point about context. Most of Fury's fanatical fans - who just happen to despise all things Joshua - didn't know he existed when Fat John was duffing him up on Friday Fight Night in front of one man and a dog.

It was a Saturday I'm sure. And Fat John won by a few rounds. Not close at all.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ's is more consistent. You don't see any Wallins, Schwartzs, or Pianetas in there. Fury does have an awful win against a totally psyched out Klitschko, and two great fights against Wilder.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't argue AJ has the much better record but Fury has taken the big danger fights with the opponents in their prime (and for one of those Fury was nowhere near in peak condition)

They've both proven they deserve to be classed as the two elite fighters of the division.

The better the opponent the better Fury performs and is focused. AJ won't be able to handle him
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah language/context is imporant. While Fury did take longer to step up and hasn't consistently faced the same quality, I feel he's considerably more improved than AJ over the same time frame, so hard to knock the path taken or whatnot. Hoping these two actually fight next year in any case, really interested to see Fury going forward if he keeps coming in heavy and sitting down on his shots more, he might well beat AJ however he chooses to as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since the scare against Cunningham Fury has been carefully matched.
    But i have doubted him many times and he keeps winning.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Since the scare against Cunningham Fury has been carefully matched.
    But i have doubted him many times and he keeps winning.
    Come on Al, that’s a tad harsh.before he stepped in the ring with Klitschko, I don’t think anybody could ever have thought he was carefully matched. The same applies to the first Wilder fight.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ could stick to boxing like Ruiz 2 and beat Fury on decision or KO.

AJ is an Olympic champion and knows how to box.

Fury might get a serious wake up call in 2021.

I still think he’s the best but the PED ban is still an issue and always will be!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury isn’t a plodder like Ruiz.

And will be in shape.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to admit it took awhile to come around to Fury. Dismissed him as a yappy buffoon with the ultimate Dad bod but that changed with Wlad and Wilder. Although when comparing same opponents faced I was actually more impressed with AJs win over Wlad. A lot of that had to do with Wlad as he really did go to war and that is a rarity, a literal last stand. But AJ showed adjustment and extreme grit battling back. Overall AJ has the better scalps in what felt like more complete performances. Ruiz Jr running him over like a runaway Ice Cream truck aside he's been buzzed in spots but seems all about the business at hand in the ring. He also took his biggest adversity back to back with no filler as opposed to Fury moonlighting with Wraslin, Otto Wallin and Tom Thumb. Fury was marketing and building brand totally get it but he does give the impression that he fights down to the level of his competition sometimes. But not only did Fury twice face "the be all end all" blah blah that was Wilder but he apparently caused the poor man to go off the deep end. In the bigger picture though Fury is brilliant in scratching and smartly constructing his way back to be sitting at the top right now. Props to both of them coming from a Yank I guess as it took some convincing but now when I hear their next fight date we'll surely tune in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Props to the poster who always defended Fury, then vanished sometime after he beat Kiltchsko.

Forgot who that was.

Fury has shown he fights well outside the UK and AJ not so well.
    Fury should take a matchup with AJ in Saudi, not in the UK.
    Last edited by sanatogen; 11-25-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ross

Fair play to the fella. He was firmly in Fury's corner and he came good on his word. My memory is shite but didn't he leave as part of a bet? Shame.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information