According to fast Eddie when compared to AJ's

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...-its-laughable

So what we saying. Who's got the better record?

I think language is important here. Record. A record, to me is pure data. Facts and figures. Under that criteria I think AJ has the better record. Better quality of opposition, sooner and in a shorter space of time.

Last ten fights. Just on paper a better list of fighters in Joshua's column for me.

Ruiz Wilder
Ruiz Wallin
Povetkin Schwarz
Parker Wilder
Takam Pieneta
Klitschko Seferi
Molina Klitschko
Breazeale Hammer
Martin Chisora
Whyte fight 15 Abell fight 22

If we look at their records on the whole, call it a resume if you like, it changes the picture for me a little. Fury has half a dozen or so fights on Joshua. Fury spent those half a dozen fights having up and downers with Steve Cunningham, Neven Pajkic. Going life and death with John McDermott. Ducking David Price to fight Martin Rogan for the Irish title. Fighting Vinny Maddalone at the Hand Arena around the corner from me.

Those experiences are important. They weren't exactly under the radar affairs, they would have been televised but compared to the scrutiny of every Joshua fight they were low key to say the least. Fury was considered a bit of a novelty with a great name and very much the poor relation to David price up until Price fell apart in 2013.

Those knocks, near misses and low key fights under the cover of obscurity, novelty and no where near the white heat of an AJ event have shaped Fury into what he has become. He truly knows who he is as a fighter and what he can and can't do. Joshua had no such luxury. From day one he was a star and under the microscope. No room for a dodgy points win at British level, no room for being dumped on your backside by a cruiserweight or no name Canadian, it just couldn't happen. In a way he's a victim of his own success. He's smashed his way to the top and then had to start thinking about it. He's learned his lessons and taken his lumps at the highest possible level. Fury covered some of that ground 8 years ago and it stands him in better stead in 2020.

On paper. AJ has the better 'record'. But on the whole there's an argument for Fury's way building a better more rounded fighter who is completely at one with himself, and what he is doing in the ring. I'm not convinced Joshua is in that place yet.