Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: So I have high blood pressure, doc wants to give me meds!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So I have high blood pressure, doc wants to give me meds!

So I went to the doctor the other day and she told me that I have high blood pressure. The count is 140/100 and the time before that about a month ago was 130/90... she says she is seeing a steady rise and wants to put me on some medication- preterax.

I'm not taking any medication for this shit. I will just have to beat this shit naturally. I forgot to tell her that I have been taking some fat burners in the morning before I jog and that may have my pressure elevated, which I found may be the cause. So what I'm gonna do is stop taking the fat burners and go back to another clinic on Friday to get some other results and have that doctor check my pressure the same time and if it is down then to hell with the medication. That and plus my boss gets on my nerves and I started these law courses and have to duck and dodge him to take them. It is stressful...

That and just eat smaller portions man. I can do it. these fat burners, while they do give me energy, I have gained five pounds since the last time I weighed- WTF?!?! I have been taking those shit every day. To hell with them if they aint helping then. I may resort to only taking a half of one once a week when I have my extra long cardio sessions, but for my regular every day morning runs, I will do it naturally from here on in.

What do you guys think about this?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So I have high blood pressure, doc wants to give me meds!

You are doing the right thing reducing your blood pressure the natural way by living a more healthy lifestyle. Forget taking pills at this stage of your life including fat burners.

Regular exercise and eat well.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You are doing the right thing reducing your blood pressure the natural way by living a more healthy lifestyle. Forget taking pills at this stage of your life including fat burners.

Regular exercise and eat well.
    Yea.... pills are for really OLD people.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If somebody is overweight, then generally that's because they consume more calories than they use. We are really really good at storing excess calories and energy supplies!

Personally, I would just make sure that I am using more calories than I eat - usually by expending more energy through exercise - or by eating less calories.

I don't know you well ykdadamaja, or how overweight you are or anything, so this can't be specific to you, of course .... but I would be quite suspicious of 'miracle' fat burning pills. How do they work? What do they do?

Presumably they raise your metabolism in some way so you use more calories? That just can't be very good for you if that is the case?

You could try eating some food that has been handled by someone with amoebic dysentery instead? You will then just shit out all your food before you can store it as fat. I had this last year and lost a stone in 4 days. That's probably just as good for you as a fat burning pill 😀
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    If somebody is overweight, then generally that's because they consume more calories than they use. We are really really good at storing excess calories and energy supplies!

Personally, I would just make sure that I am using more calories than I eat - usually by expending more energy through exercise - or by eating less calories.

I don't know you well ykdadamaja, or how overweight you are or anything, so this can't be specific to you, of course .... but I would be quite suspicious of 'miracle' fat burning pills. How do they work? What do they do?

Presumably they raise your metabolism in some way so you use more calories? That just can't be very good for you if that is the case?

You could try eating some food that has been handled by someone with amoebic dysentery instead? You will then just shit out all your food before you can store it as fat. I had this last year and lost a stone in 4 days. That's probably just as good for you as a fat burning pill 😀
    They are more energy boosters. They are for intense cardio and exercise, which I have been doing, but still am not losing as much weight as I want. I HAVE to cut back on the calories, no ways about it. Started cutting my meals in half now, so let's see if that works. I think I REALLY was eating too much man. Way too much!

Like, instead of having a single decker sandwich I would have a triple decker. lol... instead of two slices of pizza I would have four....instead of three strips of meat with my meal, I would have four or five. Things like that.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eat a good breakfast and then less for lunch and dinner.

Exercise on an empty stomach and watch the weight fall.

Disclaimer BTW: if you get a heart attack we accept no blame for listening to X and I.
    Last edited by Master; 11-20-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some people run higher genetically but high blood pressure can be a factor is strokes. If 140/100 is unusual for you at least consider the pills for a period of time as you work on it naturally. Just don’t want to see you stroking out and drooling on your key board, strokes are scary

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Some people run higher genetically but high blood pressure can be a factor is strokes. If 140/100 is unusual for you at least consider the pills for a period of time as you work on it naturally. Just don’t want to see you stroking out and drooling on your key board, strokes are scary
    I think I will with the pills. But will wait a while before I get em.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd trash the fat burner pills and change some behaviors and patterns. Slow and steady rather than crash through dieting. I dropped 60 lbs a number of yrs ago on cutting the booze, daily dandelion root a natural diuretic, apple cider vinegar, almonds and grape fruit and bicycling all over . Mental adjustment and stamina are just as important any plates you push over your head or the extra mile. Going up four flights of stairs and not being winded for once was a decent motivator.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 11-22-2020 at 03:04 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'd trash the fat burner pills and change some behaviors and patterns. Slow and steady rather than crash through dieting. I dropped 60 lbs a number of yrs ago on cutting the booze, daily dandelion root a natural diuretic, apple cider vinegar, almonds and grape fruit and bicycling all over . Mental adjustment and stamina are just as important any plates you push over your head or the extra mile. Going up four flights of stairs and not being winded for once was a decent motivator.
    I just remembered I started eating garlic salt again. What a dummy I am. I stopped eating it a few years back for the same reason, because I found out that it with salt and other seasonings raises my pressure. I threw out the bottles a few days ago and started cutting my meals in half and eating vegetable plates along with meat instead of the rice, potato salad and macaroni and shit like that. Let's see how this pans out.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I boxed at a good amateur level for 12 years and did Taekwondo for about 8 too, so I have done thousands of hours of training and fitness work in quite tough physically demanding sports

..... and now, I excercise to Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred!
    Especially designed for fat women!

We do do it every evening in our front room. No curtains so it would look hilarious to anyone looking in.

Its only a 20 minute session (in three levels of difficulty), and even after having done all that other difficult and tough training in my life, I think it's very good and a demanding workout that definitely gets results.

i think they are on YouTube for free these days, you could do worse that checking them out.
    Last edited by X; 11-25-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information