Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I just took out my sink

Good work. I think I should have been a plumber or heating engineer. I like water, spanners and wrenches and if I do say so myself I've got a beautiful arse crack.

Tomorrow I'm putting in a shower. Like for like replacement so nothing major.

Last year I put a loft ladder in. One of those big bastards that you pull down and it's basically a staircase. Probably the norm in the US. I was on my own and thought fuck it. I can balance that thing on my face and climb a smaller ladder to get it up in the gap. It fought back, but I won. Very satisfying day. Truth be told it's a little big for my house when it's down. Many times I've gone up there, not put the ladder away properly because I'm going straight back up. Forgotten about it then twatted my head on it as I get to the top of the stairs. I won though.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't have the patience for handiwork. I'm pretty useless. I give up and cut corners way too easily. Kudos to you for your efforts...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to improve my landscaping skills. I planted some roses and a weird Chinese plant, put down mulch and shit but I don’t have the skill to do rock gardens or other interesting things. Chopping shit down is not an issue, building things up I don’t seem to have that down yet. I have some ideas I’d like to implement this spring.

Unfortunately I did have to wait for thanksgiving to properly install the faucet and plumbing, I just didn’t have time during the week but it was actually beneficial taking a couple days off the frustration and annoyance had subsided and I was able to pop everything into place rather smoothly. I might change the plumbing around a bit the p-trap is a little funky due to changing from a top mounted sink to a bottom mounted sink but everything is working fine. I have no other big projects planned at the moment but that could change if my wife decides something might need improvement. She is working from home most days of the week so she has plenty of time to scheme and give me all kinds of “suggestions”

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I changed a radiator and apparently it made me a genocidal megalomaniac.

Screwed some sleepers together to make a raised bed a few weeks back but actually paid a fella to install new fencing and posts. Used a recommend a builder type site to check out his reviews and the work he did is top notch.

As a nice touch he insisted on reusing the gate I made 19 yrs ago. New hinges, spruced it up. Class.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I changed a radiator and apparently it made me a genocidal megalomaniac.

Screwed some sleepers together to make a raised bed a few weeks back but actually paid a fella to install new fencing and posts. Used a recommend a builder type site to check out his reviews and the work he did is top notch.

As a nice touch he insisted on reusing the gate I made 19 yrs ago. New hinges, spruced it up. Class.
    See a fence I don’t think I’d take that on myself. I always get pissed off putting in a new mail box post or bird feeder pole

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I put a fence up between mine and my neighbours house a couple of years ago. They had a kind of porch on the back of their house covering the whole width of the house. Technically the fence would be in their garden and they'd lose a few inches of ground, but it made sense to come off the end of this porch contraption. They agreed. Fence went up.

Fast forward two years. They take down the porch contraption and put up their own fence, inside the one I put up, reducing their garden size further. My son goes out to mow the lawn. Goes up the first fence as you would. They lean over the fence and say you're in our garden

He tells them to stop being such daft pricks. They haven't spoken to me or us since. I'm crushed.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everybody needs good neighbours with a little understanding.

There's a song in there somewhere
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Everybody needs good neighbours with a little understanding.

There's a song in there somewhere
    Good fences make good neighbors

Thread Information