Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Why not just fight someone decent?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why not just fight someone decent?

Let’s have some fun with this. Let’s not put a name on something that is happening. Let’s see if the same people will defend pathetic matchmaking without a name.

A certain fighter insists on fighting such weak opposition his network says he needs to take a pay cut from his guaranteed contract. And he’s about to agree to the pay cut

2 questions

1-if this is okay, why is it okay?
    2-why not just fight someone decent?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why not just fight someone decent?

If Crawford takes a pay cut to stay with Arum and therefore never facing Spence, then that would be a duck.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Crawford takes a pay cut to stay with Arum and therefore never facing Spence, then that would be a duck.
    Interesting to see that’s where your mind went. I believe Bob wants Crawford to take a pay cut but I don’t believe his network has asked him to. Perhaps people are unaware, Crawford was so insistent that Bob gets him the Spence fight he has a 1 million dollar bonus in his contract that will come due at the end of the year. If Bob doesn’t offer Spence before the year ends, 1 million dollars. And still, so typical of duck rank, no offer.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hate weak opposition. why is danny wasting his time with gabriel? billy joe with martin? aj with kubrat? & so on & so on. this is nothing new
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i hate weak opposition. why is danny wasting his time with gabriel? billy joe with martin? aj with kubrat? & so on & so on. this is nothing new
    Some good questions. But none of these are taking on someone so bad their network is asking them to take a pay cut from their guaranteed contract. And worse this guy is so insistent on fighting weak opposition he is willing to take a pay cut on his guaranteed contract.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Some good questions. But none of these are taking on someone so bad their network is asking them to take a pay cut from their guaranteed contract. And worse this guy is so insistent on fighting weak opposition he is willing to take a pay cut on his guaranteed contract.
    i'm not sure what those guys are getting paid for those opponents but i'm sure they would make more against better opposition. i hate weak opposition. i can understand a easier fight in between or due to injury but look at a guy like demetrius
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information