Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why not just fight someone decent?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why not just fight someone decent?

Let’s have some fun with this. Let’s not put a name on something that is happening. Let’s see if the same people will defend pathetic matchmaking without a name.

A certain fighter insists on fighting such weak opposition his network says he needs to take a pay cut from his guaranteed contract. And he’s about to agree to the pay cut

2 questions

1-if this is okay, why is it okay?
    2-why not just fight someone decent?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why not just fight someone decent?

If Crawford takes a pay cut to stay with Arum and therefore never facing Spence, then that would be a duck.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Crawford takes a pay cut to stay with Arum and therefore never facing Spence, then that would be a duck.
    Interesting to see that’s where your mind went. I believe Bob wants Crawford to take a pay cut but I don’t believe his network has asked him to. Perhaps people are unaware, Crawford was so insistent that Bob gets him the Spence fight he has a 1 million dollar bonus in his contract that will come due at the end of the year. If Bob doesn’t offer Spence before the year ends, 1 million dollars. And still, so typical of duck rank, no offer.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hate weak opposition. why is danny wasting his time with gabriel? billy joe with martin? aj with kubrat? & so on & so on. this is nothing new
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i hate weak opposition. why is danny wasting his time with gabriel? billy joe with martin? aj with kubrat? & so on & so on. this is nothing new
    Some good questions. But none of these are taking on someone so bad their network is asking them to take a pay cut from their guaranteed contract. And worse this guy is so insistent on fighting weak opposition he is willing to take a pay cut on his guaranteed contract.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Some good questions. But none of these are taking on someone so bad their network is asking them to take a pay cut from their guaranteed contract. And worse this guy is so insistent on fighting weak opposition he is willing to take a pay cut on his guaranteed contract.
    i'm not sure what those guys are getting paid for those opponents but i'm sure they would make more against better opposition. i hate weak opposition. i can understand a easier fight in between or due to injury but look at a guy like demetrius
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All this hate on Andrade

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean, it depends on the contract stipulations. I would definitely agree it’s a duck if the promoter or network is pushing for bigger fights but you are just denying them. Many times it is much more nuanced than that.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I mean, it depends on the contract stipulations. I would definitely agree it’s a duck if the promoter or network is pushing for bigger fights but you are just denying them. Many times it is much more nuanced than that.
    Certainly it can be nuanced. But this guy I speak of has a long history of choosing weak fights. I’ll name him later. He’s got some very good fights as well. But it’s either big draw opponent or no hope opponent with him. Usually he brings a guy up from lower, a guy who never held a belt in the lower division. And trust me when I say the network is right to ask him to take a pay cut.

Andrade deserves flak too, probably more than this guy. But Andrade isn’t as respected so he isn’t held to as high a standard.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certainly it can be nuanced. But this guy I speak of has a long history of choosing weak fights. I’ll name him later. He’s got some very good fights as well. But it’s either big draw opponent or no hope opponent with him. Usually he brings a guy up from lower, a guy who never held a belt in the lower division. And trust me when I say the network is right to ask him to take a pay cut.

Andrade deserves flak too, probably more than this guy. But Andrade isn’t as respected so he isn’t held to as high a standard.
    Come on Ronnie Baby, stop keeping us in suspense!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if what you say is true, then I agree that this fighter is probably ducking the hard fights

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if what you say is true, then I agree that this fighter is probably ducking the hard fights
    Yep.
    сіз қайтадан Ронни баласын ойлап табасыз ба?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG agrees to take a pay cut from his guaranteed contract to fight Sczeremeta.(probably misspelled but who cares)

I know the argument “it’s his mandatory, it’s not his fault” but when Charlo was his mandatory for 18 months it was “what has Charlo done” from those that forgive GGGs weak opposition. Well, what has Szeramuchi done? And we know GGG doesn’t care about mandatories because “we will never fight Charlo”

Now, if anyone cares to debate anything I’ve said in this thread I will gladly provide articles stating every single thing I’ve said. Let’s have a laugh.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG agrees to take a pay cut from his guaranteed contract to fight Sczeremeta.(probably misspelled but who cares)

I know the argument “it’s his mandatory, it’s not his fault” but when Charlo was his mandatory for 18 months it was “what has Charlo done” from those that forgive GGGs weak opposition. Well, what has Szeramuchi done? And we know GGG doesn’t care about mandatories because “we will never fight Charlo”

Now, if anyone cares to debate anything I’ve said in this thread I will gladly provide articles stating every single thing I’ve said. Let’s have a laugh.
    Ronnie Baby is loving it! He has played into your hands here, fair play.
    I’m not gonna give you the pleasure of debating this, but I do ask myself if you ever lived in Kazakhstan when you were a kid and some fucker nicked your bike ??

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Primo, you recognize the game was necessary. We’ve seen for years and years these guys say one thing and do another. And it’s been defended and defended. That’s why I didn’t want a name on it until GGG did what we all knew GGG would do from years and years of the same thing. Without the name it couldn’t be defended on its merits. And to come back and defend it now after a name is put on it exposes what it is. So crickets haha

At least Szeremeta isn’t moving up off a loss and a retirement, so there’s that

Thread Information