Coincidentially, I was going to post this last week. Diego Maradona was on the list!

I was just thinking about how the media eulogise people, often quite rightly, after they die. There is always a big outpouring of sadness and great respect and admiration for what they did .... sort of a 'what a life, what a person, we will never see their like again'

But most genuine living legends (who don't die young) spend quite a few of their last years in relative obscurity, out of the media and the memory of them does dim in the public eye.

I thought it would be nice to try and think of some GENUINE living legends, maybe who aren't on the news and in the gossip columns so much anymore, but who are still alive.

They do need to be proper crossover stars, and we can debate that ad nauseam .... but can you imagine the press coverage and sadness when those people do pass on:

(in no particular order)

Tina Turner, Pele, Mick Jagger, Dolly Parton, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, David Attenborough, Clint Eastwood, Billie Jean King, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ozzy Osbourne, Christopher Walken, Robert de Niro, even Queen Elizabeth II I suppose.

Who else should we perhaps appreciate a bit more now, rather than after they are dead?