Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Dubois quit???

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Yes but it’s the question on whether or not it was acceptable. I completely understand why he quit, but at that age with the amount of desire you should have to win, it doesn’t look great. I think it proved that he will never reach the top because he looked like he wanted to quit for half of the fight.
    Acceptable to who? No one elses opinion on acceptability means fuck all.

Dubios thought it was acceptable and that’s all the matters.

I do believe he shouldn’t continue boxing, unless it’s purely for paydays.
    Fans opinion for sure matter because that’s how he gets his paycheck. If everyone just views him as a quitter that is overrated then he loses a lot of future money.

With that said, he made his decision to quit which is up to him. My point was that long before he quit, he looked like he wanted to quit. It’s not like Brook where he was completely game but eventually quit because of his eye socket. Dubois seemed to want an out for a while.
    I kinda agree with you. My issue is people talking so much about the quit, guy couldn’t see. He did look shaken after blowing his wad in the first 3 rounds and he was scared.

But he needs to be real with himself now about going forward.

Viktor Faust Vykhryst fought friday night in his 5th fight and he looked like he would have beaten both of them comfortably.

The class difference between Faust and Dubios is so vast.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 11-29-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Viktor Vykhryst was very comfortable when he fought Joyce in the WSB, Had a nice little lie down
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's pretty evident he quit, but as said it was for the right reasons. His face was reddening after round 1 and his eye was a mess. It was a pretty solid jab that landed right on that swelling knocking it back into his face, it's easy to see how that could cause some serious damage and pain in and around the eye.

Wouldn't write off Dubois just yet, I was pretty high on him, but I think we can bring down his hype a few levels now and see how he rebounds.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Viktor Vykhryst was very comfortable when he fought Joyce in the WSB, Had a nice little lie down
    Thats why I said ahead of Dubois lol.

He would have beaten JJ on Saturday though.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

daniel quit
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never liked slapping labels of guys, among them bum, quitter and great not necessarily in that order . Truth is I've never had the pleasure of having my face shattered over a few rounds and knowing what my instinct would be in a ring with rules. In the bigger picture Dubois indeed quit, opted out, bent the knee etc. But I've come around from 'a quit is a quit' years ago to seeing some varying degrees of a fighter deciding he wants out. We've seen quits out of mere frustration, quits on the ring walk before they even entered , quits from some just there for the payday doing flop jobs brought into lose, the Golota panic type quits, and guys who take a subtle sustained hammering with obvious injury and Dubois falls there for me. Dubois proved to have little adjustments and ran pretty much one predictable gear which doesn't bode well for his future but it's not like he blames a case of the fight day shits or flying out of the ring through the ropes Superfly Kermit Cintron style . There was talk of the ref blowing it and that's valid, even the corner and ring doctor. Ultimately you have to look out for the fighter above all. A corner watches a guy breakdown up close and personal all night long and they know them better than anyone. Ref sees it every night too and that's their job. Dubois may have to shake a little stigma but he can't buy into this defining him only he can do that over a career.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It might be a little premature to compare him with Brook when thinking about how he will cope when he comes back, it doesn't sound like it was a serious as Brooks, DDD doesn't need surgery on it for one, sure he will have a lot of improving to do on his return but the injury may be as big of a factor as people are thinking

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Move your head Daniel.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daniel Dubois has been given the all-clear to resume his career after the crushing defeat to heavyweight rival Joe Joyce in November.

Following a hospital consultation with his medical team on Friday, Dubois is planning to return as early as April.

And it will be with a new man in the corner. Dubois has dispensed with the services of trainer Martin Bowers following brutal stoppage that forced his retirement in the tenth round of his clash with Joyce.

Though some accused Dubois of quitting, the extent of the injuries to a broken eye socket that produced a loss of vision and grotesque swelling, justified his decision to take the count.

On Thursday a video showing him exercising in the garden on a variety of exercise bars revealed no physical scars from the defeat.

His promoter Frank Warren is taking a measured approach as he rebuilds his fighter’s career.

“I met with him last week,” Warren said. “He is not a braggart or a loudmouth and was quite philosophical. When he was caught, he said the pain was searing right through his head.

“He said it has happened and he has to get on with it. The pressure’s on him now, but it is not like he took a real belting or got knocked out. If he had been pulled out the round before, two judges had him ahead on their scorecard.

“We want to get him back out in late April or maybe May. All of us are very disappointed with what happened, but he is young and we are not going to rush him into anything.”

https://inews.co.uk/sport/boxing/dan...omeback-859913
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Yes but it’s the question on whether or not it was acceptable. I completely understand why he quit, but at that age with the amount of desire you should have to win, it doesn’t look great. I think it proved that he will never reach the top because he looked like he wanted to quit for half of the fight.
    Acceptable to who? No one elses opinion on acceptability means fuck all.

Dubios thought it was acceptable and that’s all the matters.

I do believe he shouldn’t continue boxing, unless it’s purely for paydays.
    Thats a bit harsh mate

i won good money on that fight, they were throwing him under a bus

I really cant believe he was favourite

That said he lost to a vastly more experienced fighter, hes a complete novice in comparison and has loads of opportunity to improve

no need to throw in the towel yet
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Article on the BBC today suggests he's still waiting on being given the all clear yet.
    Sounds to me like there's some real potential concern over the eye. How long does it really take to assess the damage?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/55992342

Thread Information