I consider myself fortunate. I have a small team I work with and we all get along great. Nobody is a slacker and everyone looks out for everyone else. I usually start my day at 8am and relieve the 3rd shift worker who, for the past few months has been a counselor filling that slot as we are short staffed. Anyway she is a really nice girl and after I was here for a couple months I would either come in early or she would stay late just to hang out and talk. Of central focus to her is her 16 year old daughter who has treatment resistant epilepsy. Anyway I found out Monday her daughter passed away Friday. Holy shit even writing it fucks me up. I never met her daughter just got regular updates about her.

Obviously she is not at work. Apparently she found her passed away in bed. I keep thinking that Friday I saw her leaving as someone had come in at 7:30a. I waved as she drove off but she didn’t see me. Her life changed forever when she arrived home and I can’t imagine the horror she must have dealt with, and still is. One of the other girls who works here is a close friend of hers so I have been able to pass along a few messages. She is going to leave her apartment and move in with her parents. I told her I’d be willing to help, my SUV isn’t real big but it’s better for moving than a regular car.

Anyway we got caught up in our troubles of the day then you see someone you like going through one of the worse things that can possibly happen. Really sucks and words are pretty much useless. I kinda hope she does accept my offer to assist her in moving, it will be more meaningful than saying “sorry for your loss” plus we can’t hug anymore right, isn’t that against the law now.