Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Yarde v Lyndon Arthur - BT SPORT - 5/12/20

Arthur simple outboxed Yarde with his jab really Yardes trainer talking bollocks.
    The arrogance of Yarde and team he had a face like a smacked ass.😂

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few "smart" faces were backing Arthur for the upset here (6/1), by basis of having a simple solid jab. Not only has Yarde's matchmaking been laughable (yes he had a 30 second spell against Kovalev) but he should be commended for getting this far with the massive handicapp of a laughing stock trainer.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is it people claim Einstein said? The definition of insanity?

Someone needs to walk away from that setup. It should be Yarde, he should care enough about himself and his boxing career to say I need new people around me. I get the impression that they're all in it together and will stick it out no matter what, I've commended them for that. But it clearly isn't working and if Yarde won't or can't make the break, Tundi Ade need to be big enough and ugly enough to say we aren't right for you. It isn't working.

Losing this fight could and should be a blessing. I'm doubtful, the post fight robbery nonsense doesn't exactly fill me with optimism. But once the smoke clears and he thinks about it with a cool head he might just reconcile that he lost, at British title level, to a one armed man and go and do something about it.

The Kovalev fight papered over the cracks because of the moment of success. He 'nearly' won a World title. He thinks he's that good. The reality is he got his arse handed to him by an old man. A very good old man no doubt but an old man who should have been ripe for the taking. The fight lasted 10 completed rounds, 30 minutes, he lost what 25 of those minutes? He wasn't good enough. Yeah he was strong and athletic enough to chin Kovalev once and have a glimpse at the finish line, but the bottom line is he wasn't good enough and that moment shouldn't blind him or his team to that.

He's got time, he's got good attributes. Big, strong, fast, powerful, decent chin. He could walk into any gym you like and become a better fighter.

That said, well done Lyndon Arthur. Two weeks on the bounce the Warren bubble has been burst by the unfashionable neighbour utlising a good jab and a boxing brain.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information