Card

Anthony Joshua V Kubrat Pulev IBF, WBO, WBA Super, IBO Heavyweight titles
    Lawrence Okolie V Nikodem Jezewski
    Hugie Fury V Mariusz Wach
    Martin Bakole V Sergey Kuzmin
    Kieron Culkin V Macauley Culkin
    Qais Ashfaq V Ashley Lane
    Florian Marku V Alex Fearon

Joshua aside (assuming there's some interest in an AJ fight of course) any interest in that lot? Was quite looking forward to the Okolie Glowacki. Can't believe I just said that but was looking forward to seeing the awkward bastard up a notch. I also can't believe Im saying this but Hughie V Wach is sort of interesting. I watched a TV program the other day. I was well aware that it was shite, but something kept me watching. This fight is like that.

Bakole Kuzmin is going to be a proper tear up isnt it? Bakole will get chinned wont he? Im wikipediaing here but I had no idea Bakole was the younger brother of Makabu. I also had no idea he was 27. I'd have thought he was closer to 57. Bakole likes to get his face in the way of punches and well, Kuzmin will oblige.

Good to see the Culkin brothers are settling their differences in the ring. They had to have put that fight on for the Christmas angle didn't they? That cant be coincidence

Aint gonna lie. Couldnt tell you a single thing about the six blokes in the last three fights.

So Joshua. Anything expected other than a blowout? Pulev has a decent name and ranking but he's ordinary isn't he? Ripe for Joshua to do pretty much what he wants and finish with a highlight reel KO.

If there is any sort of struggle, god forbid he lose, I'll be seriously disapointed.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua V Pulev 12/12/2020

AJ should win this against Pulev who is old, slow and looking for one last pay day before he retires.

The more interesting aspect of this fight is how impressive (or not) AJ looks after winning back the titles. AJ boxed cautiously and just wanted to get the titles back without taking too much risks against Ruiz.

Now in his first defence he should be ideally sending out a strong message to Tyson Fury that he will beat him. AJ should be sharp, fast and box at a high tempo spectacularly knocking out Pulev (like Wlad did many years ago).
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Live Workouts

Spencer Oliver currently trying to sell Hughie. Bless him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Card

Anthony Joshua V Kubrat Pulev IBF, WBO, WBA Super, IBO Heavyweight titles
    Lawrence Okolie V Nikodem Jezewski
    Hugie Fury V Mariusz Wach
    Martin Bakole V Sergey Kuzmin
    Kieron Culkin V Macauley Culkin
    Qais Ashfaq V Ashley Lane
    Florian Marku V Alex Fearon

Joshua aside (assuming there's some interest in an AJ fight of course) any interest in that lot? Was quite looking forward to the Okolie Glowacki. Can't believe I just said that but was looking forward to seeing the awkward bastard up a notch. I also can't believe Im saying this but Hughie V Wach is sort of interesting. I watched a TV program the other day. I was well aware that it was shite, but something kept me watching. This fight is like that.

Bakole Kuzmin is going to be a proper tear up isnt it? Bakole will get chinned wont he? Im wikipediaing here but I had no idea Bakole was the younger brother of Makabu. I also had no idea he was 27. I'd have thought he was closer to 57. Bakole likes to get his face in the way of punches and well, Kuzmin will oblige.

Good to see the Culkin brothers are settling their differences in the ring. They had to have put that fight on for the Christmas angle didn't they? That cant be coincidence

Aint gonna lie. Couldnt tell you a single thing about the six blokes in the last three fights.

So Joshua. Anything expected other than a blowout? Pulev has a decent name and ranking but he's ordinary isn't he? Ripe for Joshua to do pretty much what he wants and finish with a highlight reel KO.

If there is any sort of struggle, god forbid he lose, I'll be seriously disapointed.
    The Culkin v Culkin fight has got to be a piss take hasn’t it? And is the Fearon guy any relation to Spencer Fearon ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kieron wins every time.

You'd expect a straight forward Joshua win around the 6th but I can't help feeling somethings going to go wrong to scupper a fight v Fury. Maybe not on Saturday but at some point
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this on Dazn over there or do you have to throw in for separate ppv rate?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheeky fuckers aren't showing AJ v Pulev.

AJ last fought/ran 12 months ago and beat an even fatter Ruiz than he lost to in the first fight.
    Don't write Pulev off banging AJ out on Saturday night.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree and will be having a few quid on that outcome
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Cheeky fuckers aren't showing AJ v Pulev.

AJ last fought/ran 12 months ago and beat an even fatter Ruiz than he lost to in the first fight.
    Don't write Pulev off banging AJ out on Saturday night.
    That seems some shady double dipping. So Dazn subs in the States get it but not there. Pulev does sound pretty amped up for it. Figure we'll get the gist of the night to come within a couple of rounds.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Jesus. A 38 year old plodder, who does nothing at all very well ..... and people still think he might spark Joshua out!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    ​Jesus. A 38 year old plodder, who does nothing at all very well ..... and people still think he might spark Joshua out!
    Ruiz battered him though........

Whats your thinking here....?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, Joshua is bigger, younger, fitter, stronger, better puncher, better technician and should win this hands down.

Pulev really is average, Ruiz is by far the better, more talented fighter.

I think that everyone has now decided that Joshua is really chinny (like he was in the amateurs, which I have said for ages since he turned pro), so any heavyweight would have a punchers chance.

Itsvtrie he hasn't got the very best chin in the world, but he should be too fast and too strong for Pulev to test it. Highlights reel knockout for Joshua before 5.

Its a no win situation for AJ. If he wins, he beat an ageing mediocrity. If he loses, he is suddenly an overprotected hype job with absolutely no chin.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post Ruiz 1 i do wonder if AJ wants to stand and trade anymore or will he now be the cautious jab/move fighter he was in the second Ruiz fight.
    Your right he should win this fight but I've pretty much given up predicting Heavyweight fights at the top level as the division never fails to amaze me.
    I think with one eye on the Fury fights we might see AJ box clever like he did in Ruiz 2.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see a Povetkin style approach from AJ. That was his best performance for me and a perfect blend of boxer puncher. Every man and his dog with a podcast are saying the same thing. Will we see AJ 'The Destroyer' back. Well no. He's not fighting Breazeales and Molinas anymore and it takes a little more than plodding forward throwing bombs to get the job done. When you fall into the trap of thinking it is, Ruiz happens. Pulev isn't particularly good at anything but I don't see him folding the moment he comes under fire. A dominant jab, right cross. Followed up with the short stuff when he gets him hurt. That'll do nicely.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure of Stateside kick off for this one but have a few cards tomorrow night! Didn't Pulev have a Badou Jack style massive gash a fight or two ago? Sure AJ will work it early.

Thread Information