Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Joshua - May 2021

Here is what will happen.

Fury will box and confuse AJ with his movement and take the most rounds up to about round 8, then AJ will start piling on the pressure and force Fury on the back foot in the latter stages of the fight.
    Tyson will get clipped at some point heading for the canvas but will get up and continue to fight. The score cards will be close but the victory will go to AJ based on his aggressive hasty last few rounds trying to push for a KO and win some rounds back, even if Fury wins the rounds.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Fury is to be believed about his style being more attacking due to Kronk Trainer, then it wont be the Fury the fought wilder the first time.

He'll take it to AJ in some of the rounds, we just have to hear what Fury has to say in pre fight interviews

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Oh Come on....

Joshua on BBC interview saying 'he climbed a mountain' to beat Pulev. This is bullshit talk good and proper, and pretty amateurish at that. Joshua is on retirement pay against Fury, So I guess he has to hype it up, but dont take us all for idiots.
    Yeah, they take everyone for idiots, even though everyone knows there's no mountains in Wembley. Typical Joshua bullshit.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Height and reach and far better skills and movement are going to do it for Fury. Joshua has the edge with power but Fury has the chin and his powder puff punches fucked Wilder up in no time. I think he'll fight the same way against Joshua that he did against Wilder.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very possibly Kirkland - Joshua is so used to controlling the centre of the ring, stalking and pressing his opponent and therefore controlling the distance in which the fight takes place. I have absolutely no idea how well Joshua can fight on the back foot.

Its how Fury surprised Wilder, and itbwas genius to be honest. However, having seen that fight, I bet Joshua will be prepared for it?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Very possibly Kirkland - Joshua is so used to controlling the centre of the ring, stalking and pressing his opponent and therefore controlling the distance in which the fight takes place. I have absolutely no idea how well Joshua can fight on the back foot.

Its how Fury surprised Wilder, and itbwas genius to be honest. However, having seen that fight, I bet Joshua will be prepared for it?

You can prepare for it but when you've got a six foot nine inch pikey in front of you that you can't land cleanly on and he's bashing you with a jab you can't get out of the way of, body shots, you name it, it's a different matter.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair question though... and I'll be the only one to probably ask it. Memories of Fury-Wlad are still fresh on my mind. Worst HW title fight in boxing history, in which Fury used head games to completely psyche out Wlad and in the fight itself I've seen elementary school dustups with more punches thrown than that fight. Wlad was scared of Fury... and it seemed like viceversa. Fury's resume isn't all that long and impressive, and we're making a hell of a lot of assumptions off of two fights with someone that everyone spent a hell of a lot of time dissing as to his lack of boxing ability. Joshua is presumably quite a bit the better boxer between himself and Wilder so.....

You see my point. Is Fury really going to press the issue? Is he going to move Joshua back and engage? Wilder was fairly simple to outbox. He has a huge right hand, but the rest of the toolbox is rather empty. Joshua isn't Otto, or Pianeta, or Schwartz... or any of those other bums Fury has faced in between his fights with Wilder and back when he fought Wlad. Joshua can box AND he can punch.

Question is: Which Fury will show up for Joshua? "Wilder" Fury? Or "Wlad" Fury?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Fair question though... and I'll be the only one to probably ask it. Memories of Fury-Wlad are still fresh on my mind. Worst HW title fight in boxing history, in which Fury used head games to completely psyche out Wlad and in the fight itself I've seen elementary school dustups with more punches thrown than that fight. Wlad was scared of Fury... and it seemed like viceversa. Fury's resume isn't all that long and impressive, and we're making a hell of a lot of assumptions off of two fights with someone that everyone spent a hell of a lot of time dissing as to his lack of boxing ability. Joshua is presumably quite a bit the better boxer between himself and Wilder so.....

You see my point. Is Fury really going to press the issue? Is he going to move Joshua back and engage? Wilder was fairly simple to outbox. He has a huge right hand, but the rest of the toolbox is rather empty. Joshua isn't Otto, or Pianeta, or Schwartz... or any of those other bums Fury has faced in between his fights with Wilder and back when he fought Wlad. Joshua can box AND he can punch.

Question is: Which Fury will show up for Joshua? "Wilder" Fury? Or "Wlad" Fury?
    And Joshua can lose against a taller, faster, heavier better fighter, easy money for Fury, just has to negotiate the right mix so he gets one wilder and two joshuas before retiring and saying fuck U to all the experts.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The same Fury that had difficulty with Otto?

AJ is just as chinny as Fury.

AJ is the best boxer and fighter that Fury has ever fought.

We don’t know what fights Fury legitimately won in his career due to the 2 year ban for PEDS.

Same with Mosley and many other cheaters.

So we can let Fury of the hook but we can’t let Canelo?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're only as good as your last performance. That being the case Fury is a God like figure, untouchable by mere mortals it would seem.

Joshua does everything better than Wilder, by a long chalk. OK give the edge in power to Wilder if you want but this biggest puncher in the history of mankind crap is just that, the difference is negligible for me.

It's a no brainer to me that Joshua will be Fury's biggest and best challenge and a million miles from the foregone conclusion some think it to be.

I've picked Joshua from day one and nothings changed my mind.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve thought some more about this. For me it’s a 65-35 fight in Fury’s favour.

A lot for me comes down to mental strength and Fury’s is incredible. That and the Ruiz defeat go against AJ.

This fight will be won and lost in the first round.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    You're only as good as your last performance. That being the case Fury is a God like figure, untouchable by mere mortals it would seem.

Joshua does everything better than Wilder, by a long chalk. OK give the edge in power to Wilder if you want but this biggest puncher in the history of mankind crap is just that, the difference is negligible for me.

It's a no brainer to me that Joshua will be Fury's biggest and best challenge and a million miles from the foregone conclusion some think it to be.

Good. I was beginning to feel weirdly alone in my bubble.

The highlighted part of your comment is what I've seen more and more. As I've said... all credit in the world to Fury for having taken on the "lights-out" bogeyman.

But when you sit down for a job interview they usually discuss your whole resume, not just your last job.

My boxing memory is fairly sharp on some fights (and not so much on others ).

So the Fury-Wlad fight is still burned into some portion of my mind as one of the most pitiful fights I have ever had the misfortune of watching.

On the other hand, people seem to have forgotten the Joshua-Wlad fight, which I hailed as the first wonderful, exciting heavyweight title fight in DECADES. Sharp contrast.

Other than the Wlad fiasco and his admittedly awesome destruction of Wilder, Fury has a pretty bleak resume.

He may very well get into AJ's head the same way he got into Wlad's (I hope not).

Or he may very well dazzle the world with his skills and thoroughly outbox AJ.... very possible.

But I'll be rooting for Joshua.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a worrying state of affairs for me how 'the experts' on the interwebs are infiltrating the mainstream boxing media and they're towing the party line. Generally good judges are going along with this idea that Joshua wont lay a glove on Fury when every single bit of evidence points to the contrary. He's been hit, hurt and dropped consistently throughout his career at every level. Now, when he fights the best possible opponent out there, all that counts for nothing and Joshua will have to throw a handful of rice at him to have any hope of making contact? Utter nonsense.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The highlighted part of your comment is what I've seen more and more. As I've said... all credit in the world to Fury for having taken on the "lights-out" bogeyman.

But when you sit down for a job interview they usually discuss your whole resume, not just your last job.

So the Fury-Wlad fight is still burned into some portion of my mind as one of the most pitiful fights I have ever had the misfortune of watching.

On the other hand, people seem to have forgotten the Joshua-Wlad fight, which I hailed as the first wonderful, exciting heavyweight title fight in DECADES. Sharp contrast.

Other than the Wlad fiasco and his admittedly awesome destruction of Wilder, Fury has a pretty bleak resume.

He may very well get into AJ's head the same way he got into Wlad's (I hope not).

Or he may very well dazzle the world with his skills and thoroughly outbox AJ.... very possible.

I have to take issue with your description of Wlad v Fury as a pitiful performance.

I am no Fury fanboy but in many ways it was a masterclass. Certainly more than the Wilder fights.

Wilder is not fit to tie up Wlads boots if we are going to be all about honesty.

When Fury fought Wlad nobody could see that coming. The mind games from the Klits turned back on them? Genius

He moved brilliantly on a canvas that should never have been passed fit.

That said he isn't going to have the same easy night against Joshua, and for me the Joshua/Wald fight was the most entertaining heavyweight fight for years. It had more drama than the Wagner's 'Ring' cycle, but surely that does not make

Fury's fight invalid or somehow 'pitiful'?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

I have to take issue with your description of Wlad v Fury as a pitiful performance.

I am no Fury fanboy but in many ways it was a masterclass. Certainly more than the Wilder fights.

Wilder is not fit to tie up Wlads boots if we are going to be all about honesty.

When Fury fought Wlad nobody could see that coming. The mind games from the Klits turned back on them? Genius

He moved brilliantly on a canvas that should never have been passed fit.

That said he isn't going to have the same easy night against Joshua, and for me the Joshua/Wald fight was the most entertaining heavyweight fight for years. It had more drama than the Wagner's 'Ring' cycle, but surely that does not make

Fury's fight invalid or somehow 'pitiful'?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and one man's "masterclass" is another man's "disgraceful performance."

If ever there was a vote for the heavyweight title fight where the greatest number of viewers dropped from pure boredom... Wlad-Fury would win hands down.

Fury deserves credit for one thing. For getting into Wlad's head so bad he made Wlad look as timid as a rabbit at a coyote convention.

The number of punches per round surely broke some kind of world record in the wrong direction.

Sure... boxing's all about the "W"... but in addition to that it's about the spectacle and entertainment value for paying fans.

Nah. "Pitiful" was the kindest word I could find and I'm sticking to it.

"Mind games from the Klits"? You mean the same robotic Klits whose idea of trash-talking is to say "I'm pretty sure I'm going to beat you"? Those mind games?

Hey I get it. Fury's British and someone for you to rally for. But then so is Joshua (British)... so that part's a wash.

The part about the resumes still stands. Joshua has a decent one with decent opponents... and Fury has a shitty one, with Wilder being his only crowning achievement... and Wilder being in the hysterical funny position of being at the same time a piss-poor boxer who "is not fit to tie up Wlad's boots" while at the same time being a formidable opponent who Fury vanquished.

Boxing fans are a funny lot.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 12-16-2020 at 11:50 PM. Reason: typos

Thread Information