Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fury v Joshua - May 2021

Hearn and Arum are looking at May for the first fight then Nov/Dec for the second.
    Hope this can happen at Wembley Infront of 90,000 fans, anywhere/anything else won't do this mega fight justice.
    AJ needs to bin the WBO belt and Usyk off if that's what it takes to get this done.
    The worry is that this is likely to happen in Saudi Arabia after Hearn stated that it'll take around £100 million to get both guys in the ring.

Bob Arums already saying this'll be the biggest fight since Ali v Frazer in 1971.

Nice article here

https://inews.co.uk/sport/boxing/ant...78?ITO=newsnow

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Joshua - May 2021

The fight needs to happen, for years i was Fury's harshest critic, but he has won me over with his talking the talk and walking the walk.
    Will be rooting for him to win this one. Should be a belter.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While it's ultimately the biggest clash in the division, possibly the entire sport and the biggest heavyweight fight for many years (at least in the UK), I still can't help but feel Josh vs Wilder a few years ago while both unbeaten would have been the bigger spectacle, just due to the raw power of both guys. It would have been a try gladiator battle or who lands first.

While Fury is no doubt the better out and out boxer, his lacking real explosive power makes for a totally different match up.
    I think most people would agree the likely way this bout goes is either Fury wins rounds and either stays out of the way of Josh's bombs and get the decision, or Josh lands one (or maybe a follow up) that keeps Fury down.
    That being said, Joshua has boxing ability unlike Wilder, so he could win rounds over Fury.

It's now THE fight everyone wants to see, let's hope they can agree terms and get it made!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be part of the minority on this one, I guess. I'll probably root for AJ. Several reasons....

Much better resume for one. Take away Fury's admittedly impressive demolition of Wilder and his nauseating "head games" win over Klitschko in what was probably the worst fight in heavyweight boxing history, and whatta you got?

Zilch.

Fury hasn't exactly left a blaze of credible opponents in his wake.

Joshua meanwhile, has amassed a pretty solid record on his way to becoming champion. And against their common opponent, Klitschko, Joshua did the opposite of what Fury did.

Turned in a fight for the ages... suffering a knockdown before getting up and knocking out Wlad.

Off the ring? I find AJ unassuming, and couldn't care less about his political or social postures. He's a likable bloke.

Fury's a loudmouth... riding his victory over Wilder for all it's worth.

I will give him credit though... for taking the plunge with Wilder after all the frustrating shenanigans between Joshua and Wilder.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would be criminal for this not to take place in the UK but sadly with the numbers involved I fear it will have to. Unless Covid dictates otherwise.

I'm a big Fury fan these days and can't believe how confident I am he will dismantle Joshua in the ring. Joshua won't be able to fight at a distance and beat Fury and he'll have to take some punches if he's going to win by ko. And this could be the first time Joshua hasn't been a favourite?

The mind games could play a big part and there's no one better around at that.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And yes Fury is the only one who's backed up everything he's said in the ring and his belief in himself is incredible.

Still can't believe he took the first Wilder fight in the shape he was in.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good points made all round here for both fighters, gotta say gun to my head idpick Fury but AJ definitely has the power to put him on his ass.
    Cannot wait for this one.
    Massive MASSIVE fight 😎

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Joshua re opening that cut is his best bet

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is the guy to beat.

I just find it strange that fans overlook the fact Fury cheated in the sport.

For that fact, I would want AJ to win.

Same with Callum, hope he beats Canelo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Something Fury has also done is gone to a champions country 3 times and take the title away on all 2.

Joshua has never done that, he got charles Martin who was a disgrace of a titlist.

Joshua may perform best at home, so I'd expect a push to have it in the UK.

Tyson should ask for Dubai, as he has no issues performing well outside the UK.

Joshuas resume is better, there is no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'll be part of the minority on this one, I guess. I'll probably root for AJ. Several reasons....

Much better resume for one. Take away Fury's admittedly impressive demolition of Wilder and his nauseating "head games" win over Klitschko in what was probably the worst fight in heavyweight boxing history, and whatta you got?

Zilch.

Fury hasn't exactly left a blaze of credible opponents in his wake.

Joshua meanwhile, has amassed a pretty solid record on his way to becoming champion. And against their common opponent, Klitschko, Joshua did the opposite of what Fury did.

Turned in a fight for the ages... suffering a knockdown before getting up and knocking out Wlad.

Off the ring? I find AJ unassuming, and couldn't care less about his political or social postures. He's a likable bloke.

Fury's a loudmouth... riding his victory over Wilder for all it's worth.

I will give him credit though... for taking the plunge with Wilder after all the frustrating shenanigans between Joshua and Wilder.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is not as good as everyone says he is, and Joshua is not as much of a chinny robot as people say!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Fury is not as good as everyone says he is, and Joshua is not as much of a chinny robot as people say!
    So what are you saying

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question is will AJ be hesitant? If he is, Fury will clearly outbox him. The only way AJ wins is to pressure Fury and make it uncomfortable. Fury doesn’t have the greatest chin but he does have heart.

Although Fury doesn’t have a huge punch, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fury goes at AJ early to make him think twice before coming in.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh Come on....

Joshua on BBC interview saying 'he climbed a mountain' to beat Pulev. This is bullshit talk good and proper, and pretty amateurish at that. Joshua is on retirement pay against Fury, So I guess he has to hype it up, but dont take us all for idiots.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    So what are you saying

Well, three or four years ago Joshua was the second coming of Joe Louis. A huge physical specimen, brutally economic technique and possibly the most destructive finisher in heavyweight history. Olympic gold medal, huge hype and promotion, and being portrayed as a naive smiley boy next door.

Fury was a fat pikey who hadn't fought anyone, had a history of erratic behaviour, no punch and had been knocked down by a cruiserweight. A no hoper of national calibre only.

Here we are now and Joshua is a chinny quitter who gasses out, is ponderous and over protected. Whereas Fury is an elite master boxer who is head and shoulders above any other heavyweight - and who might just beat any other heavyweight who ever lived - with a mystical granite chin.

None of the above is true, but that's just the way boxing hype goes, especially amongst mainstream sports fans.

What I do know is the machine will kick into overdrive now, though this is a great matchup in anyone's books. Joshua will be easily the best opponent Fury has faced. Fury will be the best opponent Joshua has ever faced (Wladimir was well past his best when he fought either of them)

.... but I don't buy the narrative that Fury will easily outbox Joshua and that it's a foregone conclusion!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information