Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dead Legends

A bit of a companion piece to X's excellent thread and somewhere they will all end up

If Bill Hicks was still alive to be part of X's tread he would have been 59 today. Loved the fella and his ability to so simply highlight hypocrisy, laugh at ignorance and remind us all of how futile much of life's daft routines are. His delivery was matchless.

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather."
    Last edited by Beanz; 12-15-2020 at 11:15 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dead Legends

Bruce Lee & Jimi Hendrix both died on the cusp of becoming great. Had they both lived just 12 months longer they would've seen themselves catapulted from national, international to global.

An uncle of mines (may peace be upon him) saw Jimi play at what he described as a very small nightclub called the unicorn. Within 2 years of that show he passed away.
    At least Europe gave him love. white owned Radio stations in USA wouldnt play him while he was alive. The few black owned wouldn't play him because their audience was at the time ; totally Motown driven sound.

Yet the word was- when he did play and wherever it was always standing room.
    He was questioned by his community for playing what they called rock music taken away from the Fats Domino & Lil Richard (which their parents listened to) would be transformed into a get-high hippie sound not of their taste.
    And the Elvis Rock scene, which was totally segregated. So Jimi was in a no-man's land. He broke the barrier for whites and black youth of that era.
    Thanks to Jimi rock isn't a white or black genre. Today be it South Korea, Europe, USA, Rock is universal!

We know Lee took a lot of hate from his people because they too had a bad history with certain Europeans, even questioning why would he teach his beloved skill to white or black people.

Thanks to Bruce Lee Martial Arts is the art of human defense by [INTEGRATING] the best systems of fighting inside, outside, flipping, striking, kicking submissions. That Asian brother is a Legend in every way!
    if Bruce Lee were alive today to see Dana White, OMG! To see his idea of telling his own people; there is no best art or style. It all depends on the situation. You have to adapt and mix the arts.
    To see MMA today, I think Bruce Would've cried tears of joy.

If Jimi were alive today he would've cried to see black kids like me running to the guitar store with my good friend Mark a Jewish kid to buy our 1st guitars together. Record head on 76th & Hampton. Today he is a huge success playing Jewish Folk but up to his mid 20s he was a MAJOR blues player and can play harmonica like a black old blues great.... and I was known for shredding LMAO! Hearing all the way in the back of the store..."Hey, there's a black guy up front playing Van Halen's Spanish Fly!!"

Benny Hill.
    I read that when he died- there was a changing in culture and some of his routines were considered risky. He died not knowing (it seems) that he was loved by all races. I dont use terms like cancel culture, because it started decades ago and Benny was the recipient of it- as a result the popular comedian was quietly being censored/banned or as I understand it.
    If Benny Hill were alive today and could see blacks in America telling him- man U had some bad bitches dances on some of those episodes. He would've dug that!! Oh & some funny skits. I don't think he would cry, I think he would cash in his black-card when he learns that some of us would say, Man the way Benny use to slap that lil old nigguh on his bald ass head was funny.
    Oh, He would do a comeback skit as a PIMP. N-word would be riddled thru it...cause he'd get permission from the gatekeepers ala Kat Williams Mike Epps to name a few!!! Snoop Dogg would guest star I know he would accept it!!!

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you mean Bill Hicks, Beanz? I think it autocorrected to Bill Gates ..... which is possibly more fuel to conspiracy theorists!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Do you mean Bill Hicks, Beanz? I think it autocorrected to Bill Gates ..... which is possibly more fuel to conspiracy theorists!
    Bill Hicks, Beanz is a big fan.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jimi Hendrix was a monster from another star system who some people think played the guitar, whereas I think he was manipulating subatomic particles to vibrate in phase and out of phase, in a kind of reverse psychotronic sequence sucking backwards through ethereal subsonics and then forwards again through something similar to wormholes, with a slight variation in the cycles per second at the event horizon.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Ha! Yes mate. I haven't even had the vaccine yet and already that time travelling microchip has me speaking the masters name.

Xboxinate,Innoculate, no one can withstand the power of the DarlHix.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Muhammad Ali – how can one man beat so many great fighters and be involved in so many historic events in one lifetime?

Sam Cooke – beautiful voice and singer

Paul Newman – loved all his films as a child, had the best acting ability and those eyes/smiles. Actually was a huge fan of James Steward as well.

Maradona – 86 world cup, staying up to watch the matches and everyone wanted to be him as a kid playing football.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Malcolm Young. The most fearless fearsome five foot two inch man who ever lived. Single handedly drove a bunch of corner end kids from a place no band had ever made it internationally to the top of the music business. Wrote some of the greatest riffs in rock and the second biggest selling album of all time. Here he is playing a guitar that's almost bigger than he is:

RIP Malcolm.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apologies for not reading the thread, but yes to Bill Hicks. He is a cunt. A horrible piece. But brilliant.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Apologies for not reading the thread, but yes to Bill Hicks. He is a cunt. A horrible piece. But brilliant.
    Why?

Thread Information