Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 2020 Fight Of The Year!

1. Lopez vs Loma
    2. Zepeda vs Ivan Baranchyk
    3. Usyk vs Chisora
    4. Joshua vs Pulev
    5. Whyte vs. Povetkin

1. All the belts on the line, great display of skills. Mounting comeback from Loma, but wasnt enough as Lopez fought the last round like he was behind.

2. Not big names, but a lot of KDs by both hombres. Some sloppy, reminiscent of Hamed vs Kelly KDs by off balance, bad balance, except final KD was the bomb.

3. Chisora did enough to rough up Usyk. leaned all that weight on the up n comer cruiser & some nice exchanges. IMO Usyk's breakout fight at HW.

4. Exciting in that AJ showed dominance from beginning to end. Fought like a champ, while Pulev started brave, but wilted under AJ's power & skill. What a Dominant HW champ should look like!

5. Both guys are decent HW's who dont use footwork. One thing to see Pov dropped 2x, but another to see his one shot end the night for Whyte. What a HW KO should like! Conclusive concussion!

I liked Spence vs Garcia, but not enough to claim FOTY honors.
    I expected Davis to beat Cruz, so not a FOTY candidate IMO.

I didn't see Yafa vs Gonzalez, but heard it was a good/great scrap.
    Saunders vs Murray? Allthebest fights rates it pretty high on the list.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2020 Fight Of The Year!

Fury beating the hell out of Wilder should be the fight of the year.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you say fight of the year, what is your criteria? Generally it’s an exciting fight. To me, it’s no question Zepeda vs Baranchyk. The other one that was great but fell a little short of that was Estrada vs McArroyo.

Even if your criteria encompasses big fights (like Loma vs Lopez), I don’t see how AJ vs Pulev would be on that list at all. It was an overall boring fight and didn’t really mean much.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I go foty it's all about fighting and not the fluff . Did Badou v Pascal get in this early year? That was a fun one. Really liked Estrada v Cuadras II, literal non stop two way action. Verdejo v Nakatani was brutal. Zepeda vs Baranchyk a literal game of whack-a-mole! Lubin v Gausha and Jacobs v Rosado deserve mention. Jk those were horrible

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    If I go foty it's all about fighting and not the fluff . Did Badou v Pascal get in this early year? That was a fun one. Really liked Estrada v Cuadras II, literal non stop two way action. Verdejo v Nakatani was brutal. Zepeda vs Baranchyk a literal game of whack-a-mole! Lubin v Gausha and Jacobs v Rosado deserve mention. Jk those were horrible
    Shoot I meant Estrada can Cuadras and not McArroyo. I don’t know why McArroyo came into my mind instead. That fight was great though.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    When you say fight of the year, what is your criteria? Generally it’s an exciting fight. To me, it’s no question Zepeda vs Baranchyk. The other one that was great but fell a little short of that was Estrada vs McArroyo.

Even if your criteria encompasses big fights (like Loma vs Lopez), I don’t see how AJ vs Pulev would be on that list at all. It was an overall boring fight and didn’t really mean much.
    No criteria. The fight you think was the best.

On AJ Pulev, I admit I watched the highlights- beginning to end! several times, but not the entire match. I also took into consideration that AJ ended the fight in top fashion. Well IMO, that was how a HW champ stops a fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

On AJ Pulev, I admit I watched the highlights- beginning to end! several times, but not the entire match. I also took into consideration that AJ ended the fight in top fashion. Well IMO, that was how a HW champ stops a fight.
    You probably shouldn’t rate a fight the FOTY while saying the criteria is “The fight you think was the best” if you haven’t even watched the fight.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You probably shouldn’t rate a fight the FOTY while saying the criteria is “The fight you think was the best” if you haven’t even watched the fight.
    Especially when you call me out for it, dayum! Hey man its been a slow year, few, fights, fewer worth watching. I'm guilty for #5 as well.
    Seeing them ranked high, I tapered off after a few rounds, went for the Highlights. I did watch all of Lopez Loma, Zepeda vs Ivan Baranchyk & Usyk vs Chisora

Now that you've corrected me for the better feel free to name some fights!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Especially when you call me out for it, dayum! Hey man its been a slow year, few, fights, fewer worth watching. I'm guilty for #5 as well.
    Seeing them ranked high, I tapered off after a few rounds, went for the Highlights. I did watch all of Lopez Loma, Zepeda vs Ivan Baranchyk & Usyk vs Chisora

Now that you've corrected me for the better feel free to name some fights!
    No prob. Hope you didn’t take offense.

To me, Zepeda vs Baranchyk was the best fight hands down. Second was Estrada vs Cuadras (not McArroyo like I had said before). There weren’t tons of fights this year and I can’t think of another one which was good enough to be on the list (although I’m sure I’m missing a few).

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zepeda vs Baranchyk is the obvious one, but somehow even though it was amazing it lacked something. Maybe just a crowd?

For me that's 3rd. Behind (2nd) Fury vs Wilder (I take into account the importance of the bout) and (1st) the one I'll remember 2020 for most, Davis vs Santa Cruz.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zepeda vs Baranchyk.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Zepeda vs Baranchyk is the obvious one, but somehow even though it was amazing it lacked something. Maybe just a crowd?

For me that's 3rd. Behind (2nd) Fury vs Wilder (I take into account the importance of the bout) and (1st) the one I'll remember 2020 for most, Davis vs Santa Cruz.
    Was Fury and Wilder important just because of the hype around it? Because Charlo unified belts too. I get using the hype surrounding the bout as an indicator for FOTY but not as the main indicator. The fight was nowhere near action packed enough to be considered FOTY for me.

For me (I know that everyone has their own way of ranking these things), the excitement of the bout itself is the biggest indicator despite the hype surrounding the fight. If the fights are pretty even, then I will give it to the more “important” fight.

Thread Information