Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
I think both Teo and Davis knock out Garcia. I've always favored the hard-scrabble, tough young fighters who rise despite their persistent anonymity. Garcia is another "golden-spoon" hype product. Not saying he ain't good... only that he would meet a harsh reality against any of those two. I'm not a Davis fan, mostly based on his off-the-ring shenanigans... but I can't deny his greatness and potential.
it wasn't long ago teofimo was struggling with Masayoshi, who is very underrated just saying & gervonta hasn't fought anyone yet to start talking about greatness

Yet the following fight he destroyed the very durable and rugged Commey. Teo is allowed the occasional mediocre day, but it's those high peaks that matter.

Gervonta yeah... he's got his chinks in the armor. I don't like the way he let a gimpy (but brave) Gamboa hang around till the final round. But man... his knockout over Santa Cruz was some scary stuff right there. True, Gervonta's naturally bigger than Leo... and Leo's style was made to order for that uppercut... but still.

But they're hyping Garcia like they hyped the Golden Boy in his time like they hyped the Red-Headed One. I hate hype for the sake of hype. I say let the man prove himself further in the ring before you start falling all over yourself for him.
saying you can't deny gervontas greatness sounds like pretty big hype to me. sure king ry is getting a big push because of obvious reasons. king ry just stepped up & came through a tough test. has anyone here proclaimed king rys greatness? i might have missed it

Funny... didn't see this "can't deny gervontas greatness" in my post. But saying shit others don't say seems pretty par for the course for you... so go right ahead. Maybe you oughta go back and reread what I wrote.
i haven't added a word to your post below. i can understand the potential part. it clearly says i can't deny his greatness

I'm not a Davis fan but I can't deny his greatness and potential.