Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tank vs Garcia vs Haney vs Teo

Where do you rank the above and how does each fight play out?

Throw Lomachenko in there as well!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tank vs Garcia vs Haney vs Teo

I’m picking Haney, Loma and Teo ducking him so blatantly says a lot to me. If they don’t think they can beat him why should I think they can beat him?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I’m picking Haney, Loma and Teo ducking him so blatantly says a lot to me. If they don’t think they can beat him why should I think they can beat him?
    So you are picking the least proven of them all because you think everyone is ducking him? Let’s be honest, Haney looks to have a ton of talent and could possibly be the best of them all, but as of now, he has definitely proven the least.

Teo has tons of options so let’s wait to see what else he does. Many of his options are better options than Haney. Tank and Garcia are the same. I would love for Haney to get in the mix too, but I’m not calling a duck unless these fighters are picking weak opponents. All three of them just beat good fighters while Haney fought Gamboa.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On form (who you beat)

Teo
    Garcia
    Tank
    Haney

Who comes out on top in a round robin

Teo
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-03-2021 at 03:40 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    So you are picking the least proven of them all because you think everyone is ducking him? Let’s be honest, Haney looks to have a ton of talent and could possibly be the best of them all, but as of now, he has definitely proven the least.

Teo has tons of options so let’s wait to see what else he does. Many of his options are better options than Haney. Tank and Garcia are the same. I would love for Haney to get in the mix too, but I’m not calling a duck unless these fighters are picking weak opponents. All three of them just beat good fighters while Haney fought Gamboa.
    They are picking lesser fighters though, and giving up the shot at undisputed. It says something that they would rather have less money and not be undisputed.

I agree Haney is the least proven. He’s also the one out there at every fight “fight me” and they all have reasons where they want less money and no belt.

Maybe Haney isn’t that good. He certainly didn’t look great in his last fight. But I’d like to see one of these guys step up to his challenges. And saying you’ll fight him for 10 million is saying you won’t fight him

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll give young Ryan his props. He got dropped flat on his arse and popped up and pressed for and made the ko. That's big. But I have a sneaking suspicion he runs the risk of being one of those guys whos flaws are glossed over and not corrected before he's put into the deep mixes. Flaws incorporated. Berto, Broner, Wilder type of push a little bit. But every fighter can improve with the top training he has with him..the problem is he is insisting on the very best next out. Once you reach the top tier, you cannot learn backwards and go unscathed. I think Teo and Davis will be too physical and punch diverse for him. Getting clipped repeatedly with long lefts is one thing but those two get that leverage om both hands, uppercuts to short hooks etc. Teo has that footwork too. Haney seemingly has a full tool box but need to see much more. He looked a little bit pedestrian in spots with Gamboa. Coasted. Gotta see that fire in the gut.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are picking lesser fighters though, and giving up the shot at undisputed. It says something that they would rather have less money and not be undisputed.

I agree Haney is the least proven. He’s also the one out there at every fight “fight me” and they all have reasons where they want less money and no belt.

Maybe Haney isn’t that good. He certainly didn’t look great in his last fight. But I’d like to see one of these guys step up to his challenges. And saying you’ll fight him for 10 million is saying you won’t fight him
    What lesser fighters are they picking? Teo fought Loma who many people considered #1 p4p. Before that, he fought Commey who was a proven lightweight. He hasn’t picked his next fight yet so we will see. I will see your point of ducking Haney if he fights a low quality fighter next.

Tank is still technically at 130 so we will see what he does. I do agree that Tank has definitely been dodging some people. I’m not sure so much if it’s Haney but he hasn’t been fighting the best competition lately.

Garcia just fought Campbell who is a established lightweight that he could get real recognition for. Beating Haney before beating Campbell would most likely result in Haney being called overrated rather than Garcia being legit.

Again, let’s wait and see what these fighters do in their next outing first. We will also see what Haney does. It’s easy to call out top fighters when you are the unproven one. If Haney fights and beats a caliber of fighter that the other 3 have done in their last fight then he has more of a case to be their top priority. As of now, I don’t think Haney is a top opponent of any of them.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What lesser fighters are they picking? Teo fought Loma who many people considered #1 p4p. Before that, he fought Commey who was a proven lightweight. He hasn’t picked his next fight yet so we will see. I will see your point of ducking Haney if he fights a low quality fighter next.

Tank is still technically at 130 so we will see what he does. I do agree that Tank has definitely been dodging some people. I’m not sure so much if it’s Haney but he hasn’t been fighting the best competition lately.

Garcia just fought Campbell who is a established lightweight that he could get real recognition for. Beating Haney before beating Campbell would most likely result in Haney being called overrated rather than Garcia being legit.

Again, let’s wait and see what these fighters do in their next outing first. We will also see what Haney does. It’s easy to call out top fighters when you are the unproven one. If Haney fights and beats a caliber of fighter that the other 3 have done in their last fight then he has more of a case to be their top priority. As of now, I don’t think Haney is a top opponent of any of them.
    Loma gave up his belt to not fight him. He fought Campbell, Garcia fought Campbell, watch, Garcia will turn down his mandatory. We don’t need to wait for it, we know it’s coming. Teo is fighting Cambosos(spelling) for 0 belts. Teo said he needs 10 million to fight Haney, that’s a joke and everyone knows it. I’ll just keep my years and years long tradition of telling you all what will happen going. Garcia will turn down his mandatory.

At some point people need to stop defending ducking. Look at GGG ducking Charlo “we will never fight Charlo”, that should be railed about but people call him a “take all comers” guy. It’s dishonest.

Care to bet if Garcia takes his mandatory?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma gave up his belt to not fight him. He fought Campbell, Garcia fought Campbell, watch, Garcia will turn down his mandatory. We don’t need to wait for it, we know it’s coming. Teo is fighting Cambosos(spelling) for 0 belts. Teo said he needs 10 million to fight Haney, that’s a joke and everyone knows it. I’ll just keep my years and years long tradition of telling you all what will happen going. Garcia will turn down his mandatory.

At some point people need to stop defending ducking. Look at GGG ducking Charlo “we will never fight Charlo”, that should be railed about but people call him a “take all comers” guy. It’s dishonest.

Let’s be honest though, you are biased for black fighters just like you are saying everyone is biased against black fighters. I’m not saying it’s a problem, it just clouds your judgment. You notice that you brought up Loma which wasn’t even part of this discussion and you happened to omit Tank who is the oldest and has definitely been ducking more fighters recently. Then you bring up the GGG and Charlo thing. Charlo was definitely more proven than Haney is right now so I don’t think that counts.

Again, with Teo, he literally fought the #1 p4p fighter in the world. He also fought Commey before that who was known as dangerous and a top lightweight. He hasn’t been ducking people. We will see with Kambosas but it’s not an awful fight. I would definitely agree that I would rather him fight Haney. I would love a round Robin, but we will see what Haney does if he gets a big win. If he beats Teo, Tank, or Garcia, I bet that you will go silent if he doesn’t take on the next one right after.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s be honest though, you are biased for black fighters just like you are saying everyone is biased against black fighters. I’m not saying it’s a problem, it just clouds your judgment. You notice that you brought up Loma which wasn’t even part of this discussion and you happened to omit Tank who is the oldest and has definitely been ducking more fighters recently. Then you bring up the GGG and Charlo thing. Charlo was definitely more proven than Haney is right now so I don’t think that counts.

Again, with Teo, he literally fought the #1 p4p fighter in the world. He also fought Commey before that who was known as dangerous and a top lightweight. He hasn’t been ducking people. We will see with Kambosas but it’s not an awful fight. I would definitely agree that I would rather him fight Haney. I would love a round Robin, but we will see what Haney does if he gets a big win. If he beats Teo, Tank, or Garcia, I bet that you will go silent if he doesn’t take on the next one right after.
    Find me defending Tanks opponents. Good luck with that. I would pick Haney over him, Loma over him, Teo over him. I pick smart fighters as a rule. Tank is neither dedicated enough or smart enough. I think he starches Garcia because Garcia’s head is there for the taking. But I also think Garcia could well beat Teo or Haney because of his speed/length/power. We’ve already seen Teo struggle with a tall fighter and Haney is an unknown.

The excuse, let’s see what Haney does after a big win is dodging the issue. It’s a never ending circle because none of the top guys will fight him. Let’s see after, let’s see after, who has he fought, who has he fought, we can’t get there if they won’t fight him. Notice you didn’t want to bet if Garcia would accept his mandatory. Let’s skip the bet, just give me your opinion. It’s been ordered, does Garcia accept his mandated fight for Haney’s belt or do they refuse the title shot? I know the answer and I think you do too so let’s hear it?

If you think Loma gave up his belt to not fight Haney(known), Teo doesn’t want undisputed to not fight Haney(known) and Garcia won’t accept his mandatory position(will be known soon) to not fight Haney. Then you have to admit there is a problem that is not Haney
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 01-05-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, biased for black fighters because I want people to give Haney a shot and Charlo a shot? Is this really where we are? Oh, I also wanted one of the top guys to starch Wilder and Thurman to give Spence his shot.

Tell me which of those biased things shouldn’t rightly have happened?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tank ducked Loma.

Lomo ducked Haney.

Teo beat Loma.

Teo should be the A side, but apparently in this crazy WBC Canelo worshipping world - Garcia is the A side in everything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In terms of proven thus far in the ring Teo is on top....

As for who out of them is the best, I THINK Davis could be something special if he keeps focus.....

All great talents though with plenty of other talent in and around the lightweight division we should enjoy watching/following who goes the furthest.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the last time this question came up I had Haney as being the eventual number 1 guy and Garcia 2nd and Davis last :S...... Well Davis certainly had a better performance v Gamboa than Haney did and lopez went and beat lomachenko. So good job me...... I'm going to stick with Haney having a great career though, he's got a lot of skill and is still very young I think he'll beat Garcia if they fight(I doubt it will be soon)... I was quite disappointed with Garcia performance v Campbell, obviously it was a great KO and he won just about all the rounds but he went down hard and there was a few times he backed up badly and looked unsure of what to do, a bugger wilder chap would have had him out I think... His left hook to the head seemed mostly ineffective too and he hit a lot of glove but still, good speed and great power..

Obviously teofimo lopez has to be seen as the number one at this time.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gervonta Davis, Ryan Garcia agree to fight in heated exchange on Mike Tyson's podcast

Following a heated exchange over FaceTime while appearing on a taping of former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson’s “HotBoxin’’’ podcast on Wednesday, newly crowned interim WBC lightweight champion Ryan Garcia agreed to fight WBA champion Gervonta Davis.

Garcia was discussing his Saturday victory over Luke Campbell with Tyson and co-host Jeremy Piven. Garcia said on the show he wanted to fight Davis next, and Davis FaceTimed in.

Tyson held the iPhone for Garcia so he could see Davis, and the two got into an animated exchange.

At one point, Garcia said, “You’re 5-5. You’re going to need a ladder to hit me. You’re going to need a StairMaster. You won’t be able to touch me. You ain’t never fought a 135-[pounder] in your life. This is different. I don’t care what you say. You ain’t got nothing.”

If the fight happens — and Garcia promoter Oscar De La Hoya would have to close a deal with Davis promoter Leonard Ellerbe to make it a reality — it would pit two of the rising stars in the crowded and talented lightweight division.

The 26-year-old Davis, who is coming off a KO of the Year-caliber finish of Leo Santa Cruz, is 24-0 with 23 KOs. He holds both the WBA lightweight belt and the WBA super featherweight title.

Garcia, 22, is 21-0 with 18 KOs. Until his win over Campbell, a 2012 Olympic gold medalist, he was known mostly for his massive social media following. Garcia has 506,000 followers on Twitter and 8.2 million on Instagram.

On Monday, Davis posted a mock poster to his Instagram that shows him and Garcia. The text says “Davis versus Garcia,” and below that it reads, “There is nowhere to hide.” Davis has 2.6 million Instagram followers.

Tyson was gleeful as Garcia and Davis went back-and-forth. Later, Tyson released a statement exclusively to Yahoo Sports in which he expressed delight at being able to help put the two young stars together in the ring.

“This just became one of the biggest events of 2021 and it was perfect to announce on ‘Hotboxin’’,” Tyson said. “Stay tuned: We’ve got a lot of big things coming.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/gervonta...210558281.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information