Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Applying for jobs

I know we've had this before but I want to gather some good karma for a job application I've made. For anyone that doesn't know I'm an IT bod. Technical, engineer, whatever you want to call it. I've been wanting to move towards a managerial role for while now and one has come up in work. Initially I thought I'd leave it. I'm as honest as the day is long in terms of what I can and can't do and I wouldn't generally go for a job that's beyond me. OK if I tick most of the boxes but there's a gap, not really an issue. But I'd never blag my way into a job I was seriously underqualified for. I've seen so many people do that and look a cunt because they don't know what they're doing. But they've been struggling to fill it for one reason or another, one day left on the application cut off so I thought fuck it. What's the worst that can happen. I don't have any managerial experience whatsoever, but I know the business, know the technology and what we're trying to achieve with it, know the team and have a great relationship with them. I figure if they get someone in externally they have to pick all that up. Why can't I pick up the managerial elements of the job?

It'll mean more money, which is nice. But will also mean the cushy WFH lifestyle I've grown accustomed to will end, once things get back to normal of course.

I want to hear about that job application you made that you weren't quite qualified for, but got it anyway. Like @BIGH applying for a French speaking role, and getting it I think? When he spoke less French than this bloke.

Attached Images
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information