Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Best/Worst People/Moments of 2020! & Past Decade!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Best/Worst People/Moments of 2020! & Past Decade!

I'd say from a decade standpoint, the best moment was when I read scientists from all over the world contributed to taking an image inside a blackhole.
    https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.o...izon-telescope

Didn't expect to hear about that in my lifetime.

The first image of a black hole shows a bright ring with a dark, central spot. That ring is a bright disk of gas orbiting the supermassive behemoth in the galaxy M87. The spot is the black hole’s shadow.

“We’ve been studying black holes so long, sometimes it’s easy to forget that none of us have actually seen one,” France Córdova said in the Washington, D.C., news conference.

The supermassive beast lies some 55 million light-years away in a galaxy called M87
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Best/Worst People/Moments of 2020! & Past Decade!

2011-2019 I know Andre Ward was given that distinction, I'll go PBF for going 9 str8 championship wins, started the decade fighting a young fighter. Got a few notches with soon to be cash cow Canelo, Big Name Pac.

Didnt fight the last few years, but nothing great came afterwards IMO.

Starting off 2020- I got Teofomo as the man! However I don't expect him to retire undefeated. If he does what he is supposed to do, he will lose against a great(er) fighter. Had Lomachenko won, I would have placed him over PBF.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I may change my mind, but off the top, the worst moment of the past decade was April 21, 2016, Prince passed.

I bought all his albums from 1978, to oh, Sign O The Times.
    My first few bands were all Prince/Time Wannabe bands LOL!

I dressed like Morris Day.

His influence on music is beyond deep. When he fired Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis- it was those 2 that took a no-album selling Janet Jackson and wrote/produced her biggest albums.

Without Prince bringing them on, she would've never had songs like Control, Nasty, Pleasure Principle. After her, other women started doing 100 dancers in a video.

Chaka Khan the R&B singer has faded into obscurity, but her revival was a song called I feel for You that brought her a grammy in the 1980s. Well, that song was written by Prince and recorded on his 2nd album.

Prince's version:

Without Prince, Sinead Oconner's big hit, wouldn't have ever occurred

Prince's version

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard of a Sheena Easton, she had a song called morning train or something, well when Prince got with her!

Written by Prince. Sugarwalls, aka inside her vagina, damn, Prince hit some the finest boo-tay!!

And of course they went on to do their duet and that topped the charts, I'm not sure if Sheena wrote any hits after that.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prince was so cold with the language of the soul (music) he went on to influence a jazz group that few knew he could go there. They were called Madhouse and the leader was Prince's saxophone player named Eric Leeds.

They did 2 albums only and for fusion lovers, it was the SHIT!!

This is the entire 1st album they did. Again, without Prince? No Eric Leeds. No Eric? No Madhouse

Their 2nd- For Fusion lovers? enjoy!!!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prince's 1st bass Player Andre Cymone never had big hits, just one song that topped the R&B charts. Guess who wrote it? yup Prince!

Prince recruited then fired a member that only hardcore Prince fans know of. Alexander O'Neil. He was supposed to be the leader of the Time. Too many stories on what happened, but what we do know, was a few years later Jimmy & Terry hooked him up with a woman named Cherrelle, together they had one of the biggest R&B hits called Saturday Love.
    Alexander's Innocent was also a #1 and You can hear the influence Prince had on him

In my day if you were a tight band -You HAD to KNOW THIDS to Play at the clubs

Again, no Prince? How does Alexander O'Neil get the hook up with Jimmy & Terry?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sure Prince shagged all of them. Lucky man.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jimmy & Terry was moonlighting - writing for Cherrelle and their flight got cancelled due to snow. They were supposed to open for Prince, so they had Prince's keyboardist fill in for Jimmy, while Prince sat behind a curtain and played Terry's lines.

Easy to do, because the Time's 1st Album...believe it or not was ALMOST all recorded by one dude. WTF? Who could that be?
    Prince.

From Get it Up.
    The Stick
    Their hit I'm Cool.
    If you listen you will hear Prince singing background. How bad is that? A dude plays all the instruments...then finds the talent to fill in?!

Well, when Jimmy & Terry finally arrived that fateful night, Prince fired them.
    They went on to write hit, after hit after hit!!! When Alexander got drugged out-- they took Cherrelle solo and wrote her biggest hit

Again!! No Prince? No Time. No Time, No Jimmy or Terry and if they aren't around....no Cherrelle.

In this song, you can hear their sound...associate it with a certain era, it was their sound....until HipHop took R&B over that is.....

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While Sheila E had a famous father and she played in his band- question: Anyone know his name? Any band members? Then without Prince, how would we have ever seen the 1st kick ass female drummer back a MAN? The Gogos were cool an all girl band, but baby cant fuck with Sheila on the skins!!!!

And when he 1st signed her on, this fine mama!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No intentions on turning this into a Prince thread...just backing up how I claim to be so devastated by his passing. His music was everywhere.

Places people didnt know. So today when I hear certain songs, I can identify where they got it from. Prince was so infulential, for a few years he had straight guys wearing blouses, highheels and shit!! Hell I wore some strange shit back then...then is how deeply admired he was...a one-hit wonder band called Mazarati.

They would have lasted longer IMO- Had they come out a few years earlier, but when they released their album, stuff like NWA Fuck the Police and hardcore dudes were now the fad.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am sure Prince shagged all of them. Lucky man.
    Some serious shagging bro!

Susan got a part in the girl group -because she was his girlfriend at the time...got to be some good stuff man

Sheena, Vanity, Susan, Sheila, Appolonia, Wendy Melvoin, her twin...talk about being vindicated from the days of hearing people call him gay!

and when he brought in Wendy to play guitar, her sister got his intention, so I guess he shaggedf Wendy & Her sister damn!! Well in the process, their brother was overheard singing by Prince. So for 1 album Prince brought in the Time (Morris had quit) -so Wendy's sister & Brother were the leaders. He called the group for one album: The Family. They had one hit.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After Prince brought in Eric Leeds, he would eventually turn straight jazz, but always did a reunion tour when Prince wanted.

Who would have associated this kind of music with Prince?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prince's 1st guitarist was the one who wrote 1999. Shame he couldnt write hits for himself, he got lost in the obscurity of what as called in the 1980s new wave & Punk.

totally different Punk than played in England etc..

Interesting Dez Dickerson went on to become a politician in Minnesota!

Thread Information