Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton v Jamel Herring

This'll be around 1am as Dubai is 3 hrs ahead of London.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I assume since this is being held in Dubai that it's an MTK set up/show? Is that why BT haven't picked it up given the BBC documentary of late?
    Be pretty good if Channel5 pick it up.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could well be that reason that BT have chosen not to show it , I've got all the ESPN channels so will watch it on there.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...on-espn/174415

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frampton: "I'm 34 now. I won't be boxing when I'm 36, I'll tell you that.

"I know there isn't too long left, and I will get out at the right time. But I still have a few fights left in me."
    "I think my kids Carla and Rossa are looking forward to me retiring.

"And [wife] Christine, hopefully, too. I am not sure. Me being around the house all the time might not be brilliant."

Herring: "I do take one fight at a time but if I beat Carl then there are mega fights out there for me at super-featherweight and, who knows, I may move up to lightweight.

"A unification fight at super-featherweight would be very big and another world title at lightweight would be great as well.

"Beating Carl would mean a lot, it would be a big statement. I respect Carl a lot, he has done a tremendous job in his career and as a fan I love watching him. Beating him would take me to new heights."

What is the undercard?

Jamel Herring vs Carl Frampton (WBO World super-featherweight title)
    Zhankosh Turarov vs Tyrone McKenna (WBO Inter-Continental super-lightweight title)
    Donnie Nietes vs Pablo Carrillo (vacant WBO International super-flyweight title)
    Tursynbay Kulakhmet vs Heber Rondon (WBC International super-welterweight title)
    Faizan Anwar vs Evgenii Vazem (welterweight)
    Keyshawn Davis vs Richman Ashelley (lightweight)
    Fahad Al Bloushi vs Suraj (super feather)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...me-undercard/#
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Confirmed!
    Channel 5 are showing it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sta...218.html%3famp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl Frampton: Northern Ireland challenger claims champion Herring's late arrival in Dubai a 'big mistake'

Carl Frampton says champion Jamel Herring's decision to arrive in Dubai only a week before their world title fight is "absolutely a mistake".

US boxer Herring defends his WBO super-featherweight belt on Saturday with Frampton aiming to become Ireland's first three-weight world champion.

"He should have been out here before me," said the Northern Irishman, 34, who arrived in Dubai on 16 March.

"It took me over a week to get used to four hours of a time difference."

The Belfast boxer added: "He's travelling from a time difference of 11 hours and he's giving himself a week to get ready for that.

"I want to win this fight so I got out here early to settle into my surroundings, get used to the heat, get used to the time difference."

Thirty-five-year-old Herring, who has a five-inch height advantage on Frampton, has spoken before about his difficulties in shedding weight to make the super-featherweight limit.

Frampton believes this makes the New York-born fighter's late arrival in the United Arab Emirates all the more baffling.

"I'm chilled out relaxed now. I'm not in the gym any more because the work has been done," he said.

"I don't have to struggle to make weight. He arrived here on Saturday night and I don't think he has left the gym. I think he might be sleeping in there.

"He's having to work a lot harder than me to make the weight. All these things are going to help me on the night."

Asked about Frampton's comments, Herring dismissed them as a flawed attempt to gain "some kind of edge".

"Remember, I've been halfway around the world as a US Marine. The travelling is no issue for me," Herring told BBC Sport Northern Ireland on Tuesday.

"It maybe took me a day to get adjusted. We knew what to expect and even now we're training late in the day because we know the event is going to take place late in the day."

Herring added that he is "ahead of schedule in terms of making weight".

"I have a great nutritionist. She maps out everything and I don't think that will be an issue".

The contest originally looked set to take place last summer only for the arrival of the global pandemic and then was scheduled for London on 27 February but had to be postponed because of a hand injury sustained by Frampton.

Frampton says there are now "zero issues with the hands" and that he has been "sparring away out here and blasting the pads".

After having previously won super-bantamweight and featherweight world titles, Frampton decided to move up to super-featherweight following his IBF featherweight title defeat by England's Josh Warrington in December 2018.

Since then, he has fought only twice as he earned relatively low-key wins over American Tyler McCreary and Scotland's little-known Darren Traynor.

A scheduled bout with Mexican Emmanuel Dominguez in August 2019 in Philadelphia fell through in bizarre fashion after a large concrete ornament in a hotel lobby fell and broke Frampton's left hand.

However, he says he is in a "good place" going into Saturday's Dubai contest.

"I'm just a bit more comfortable in fight week and in a better place mentally and physically because I'm not having to kill myself to do the weight.

"The delays definitely suit me better than him. He's almost two years older than me.

"He's had to struggle to keep his weight and hold it whereas I haven't had those issues."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/56575329

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    I assume since this is being held in Dubai that it's an MTK set up/show? Is that why BT haven't picked it up given the BBC documentary of late?
    Be pretty good if Channel5 pick it up.

You could be spot on

Broadcasters seeking legal assurances that Daniel Kinahan isn't involved in Fury v Joshua fight

https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/broadcasters-seeking-legal-assurances-daniel-20299794

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quotes corner

Carl Frampton

"It seems like we've been talking about this fight for well over a year now. I feel like it was beneficial for me to get out here early. I had a sparring partner with me. I finished preparation here. I think it was beneficial to get used to my surroundings and the heat more than anything else. I finished off what has been a very, very good camp."

Jamel Herring

"A win over Frampton would be a career-defining milestone. You want to win a world title. OK, we win the world title. Well, what's next? We had to successfully defend our title to be considered a real champion. I'm getting to the conversation of, 'Oh, you want to face the other champions and the other big names,' and Carl Frampton is a two-division world champion. He has done great things in his career."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-live-23840635

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Herring is two years older, but may be the younger, fresher fighter.

Frampton was a particularly good boxer, but has a lot of miles on the clock and has had a difficult number of years with injuries and eh... Out of ring drama.

My suspiscion is that if Warrington was altogether too much for him at featherweight, and he was, then Frampton cannot physically compete with an even larger Herring at Super-feather.

If Frampton were to win this fight I would be super impressed, but I think imthe stage is set for rather a sad Swan song.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Herring is two years older, but may be the younger, fresher fighter.

Frampton was a particularly good boxer, but has a lot of miles on the clock and has had a difficult number of years with injuries and eh... Out of ring drama.

My suspiscion is that if Warrington was altogether too much for him at featherweight, and he was, then Frampton cannot physically compete with an even larger Herring at Super-feather.

If Frampton were to win this fight I would be super impressed, but I think the stage is set for rather a sad swan song.
    Last edited by donnydarkoIRL; 04-03-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's the deal with this then? Channel 5 show starts at 10pm and ring walks are expected around that time. So is there no was for UK viewers to catch the undercard? Assume they will show at least highlights of the undercard fights after the main event on Channel 5?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubai again meh. Not exactly splurging on the production values are they now . Looks like it's set up in someone's dark garage under a blinking bulb, big fight bring it to States or back to Gibraltar for the atmosphere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    What's the deal with this then? Channel 5 show starts at 10pm and ring walks are expected around that time. So is there no was for UK viewers to catch the undercard? Assume they will show at least highlights of the undercard fights after the main event on Channel 5?
    Undercard is being shown on IFLTV on YouTube for UK folks.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rather than touch gloves ring center Keyshawn Davis lightly jabs Ashelley in the mid section. Man from Ghana looks like he wants no part of this in early 2nd.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ashelley being worked hard by Davis in 3rd. Davis has some very solid composure.

Thread Information