Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua v Fury location secured with both set to earn $100 Million

Gotta be Saudi Arabia to generate that kind of money with no crowds.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/817331/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Fury location secured with both set to earn $100 Million

Sadly I suspect you're right re Saudi.

I can't fault them wanting to generate as much money as possible but got a real problem with two Brits fighting overseas for the biggest fight in British boxing history.

Also doesn't look good them doing it to generate that kind of money in the current climate with people losing their jobs left right and centre....

Maybe I'm just getting old and principled...
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep... old and principled

Seriously though, I feel for you guys. That kind of fight should by all rights be held in the UK. I would think if it weren't for COVID, there'd be no way the Saudis could rip that fight away from the UK. Even if they threw a few more millions into the pot, I don't think either fighter would dare not fight at home for whatever offer was made.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Problem is that time waits for no man and nobody knows how long Covid will last, could be 5 more years of this shit for all anyone knows so you can't blame fighters for cashing in while they can.
    I fucking would 100%.
    The fact I just wanna see the fight far outweighs where it's being held.
    Only bonus for us Brits is it'll happen at a decent time of night for us if it turns out to be Saudi Arabia 😎

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True that. There can't be more than one or two hours difference in time zones, I would think. And yeah... I definitely would feel the same way if for instance we had two Puerto Rican champions going at it... and the fight was held in Vegas or something like that. We have plenty of good fight venues over here... but the money wouldn't be quite the same. I'd just want to see the fight myself.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yep... old and principled

Seriously though, I feel for you guys. That kind of fight should by all rights be held in the UK. I would think if it weren't for COVID, there'd be no way the Saudis could rip that fight away from the UK. Even if they threw a few more millions into the pot, I don't think either fighter would dare not fight at home for whatever offer was made.

They can dare alright. The virus doesn't make any difference here, the fight is always going to go where the most money is. Always.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Middle East in 2021, this was stated in the 2021 Predictions Thread.

I thought he would Trick this fight, glad to be wrong, War AJ-Fury!!!

This Happens without any belts and in neutral territory who would be considered 'A' side 'B' side?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've thought about this some more. If there's no crowd etc then I have less off a problem with where its held. As said it doesn't really matter. Let the fighters decide on that if they're happy to go.

If there was the potential for a full stadium though in UK - and let's be honest that isn't going to be this year - then the fighters and Eddie etc should be charged with treason.

I've not heard either fighter comment on the location of the fight and where they think it should be held?
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 01-15-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, one one unforeseen outcome of all these lockdown has been people getting used to watching sports events remotely, with little or no crowd present.... even with fake crowd noise dubbed in etc

Maybe people’s expectations of what constitutes a ‘live’ event has altered. If so, it doesn’t really matter where an event is held any more and it sort of makes sense to just go wherever offers the most money.

The other thing that has come out of the pandemic is people’s ability to blatantly ignore facts, easily drown out morality and ethical complaints, aggressively attack any other point of view ..... so holding the event in a country with no boxing culture or history, awash with oil money, corruption, a brutally repressive regime and that sanctions state ordered murder and gender apartheid will be just fine.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I've thought about this some more. If there's no crowd etc then I have less off a problem with where its held. As said it doesn't really matter. Let the fighters decide on that if they're happy to go.

If there was the potential for a full stadium though in UK - and let's be honest that isn't going to be this year - then the fighters and Eddie etc should be charged with treason.

I've not heard either fighter comment on the location of the fight and where they think it should be held?

If the numbers are correct then if you're making a historic payday to not have the fight in front of the fans you claim to love so much and are instead opting to take the shilling of a hideous murderous repressive tyranny that repulses any sentient human being then by far the best thing to do is to keep as quiet as possible about it. When you do have to talk about it do it through a tame journalist like the people at Sky who won't ask any awkward questions and when you do talk about it talk about it in the passive voice. It was something that just happened and there was nothing we could have done about it.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Well, one one unforeseen outcome of all these lockdown has been people getting used to watching sports events remotely, with little or no crowd present.... even with fake crowd noise dubbed in etc

Maybe people’s expectations of what constitutes a ‘live’ event has altered. If so, it doesn’t really matter where an event is held any more and it sort of makes sense to just go wherever offers the most money.

The other thing that has come out of the pandemic is people’s ability to blatantly ignore facts, easily drown out morality and ethical complaints, aggressively attack any other point of view ..... so holding the event in a country with no boxing culture or history, awash with oil money, corruption, a brutally repressive regime and that sanctions state ordered murder and gender apartheid will be just fine.
    Responding to what I highlighted: Sometimes us fans will argue they turn the volume down as to not be influenced by either commentators or (hometown) cheering.

In that regard, we should be ok watching fights, not the crowd and whose attending.

Your final paragraph: In X's taste of humor LMAO!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.essentiallysports.com/bo...s-a-done-deal/

Done Deal? 2 fights?

Rooting for AJ, as I can see him fighting on for at least 5 years. but ok with a Fury win. He's a nifty boxer can't argue that. Just don't think he will do anything afterwards. Seems to unstable.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    https://www.essentiallysports.com/bo...s-a-done-deal/

Done Deal? 2 fights?

Rooting for AJ, as I can see him fighting on for at least 5 years. but ok with a Fury win. He's a nifty boxer can't argue that. Just don't think he will do anything afterwards. Seems to unstable.
    What happens if it is a quick first round knock out? Then how will they justify a second fight?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could be to Tysons slight advantage as he's proven in 3 fights to do very well away from home.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saudi's don't deserve Western pleasures. Their abuse of women, Africans, and that unGodly abuse of Allah/Yawheh/God in that doctrine they call Islam is not to be satiated or bowed to at any time.

They don't deserve title fights of this magnitude. They don't deserve the western pleasures we fought for with freedom as our war cry. No, sir... Not after what they do to Blacks, Women and God.

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information