Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impeachment 2: The Trumpening

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Impeachment 2: The Trumpening

Well we might as well have a thread on this. Congress reconvenes January 19th, Biden will be inaugurated January 20th and therefore Donald J. Trump will then be FORMER President and the precedent for impeaching someone out of office is INCREDIBLY flimsy. Rep. James Clyburn (SC-D) said it might be 100 days until the second Impeachment of Donald Trump starts...so he'd be WELL out of office by then. But the plan of the Democrats isn't to remove Trump from office, but to keep him from ever running for or holding office ever again.....does that look like a move of strength to anyone? It looks like panic to me, but hey maybe they fear Trump growing in popularity and looking at the polls his support hasn't waned as of yet.

The articles of impeachment are mighty weak, the inciting language Trump used was, brace yourselves...try not to cry...the language was and I quote “if you don’t fight like hell you’re not going to have a country anymore.” ....ok, ok, we're oooook, everything is going to be fine, don't cry...be tough! And that was in the very same speech where the same President Trump said and I quote again "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."......hmmm "peacefully"......it's like he KNEW!!!!

Anyway, have fun Impeachment speculators!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Impeachment 2: The Trumpening

For the record, my initial reaction was that I wasn't a fan of another impeachment process this late in the ballgame, with only days to go before Biden's inauguration. He himself has tried to distance himself a bit, knowing he's going to have his hands full with the rest of the mess Trump's left behind..... without having to also deal with an impeachment process. That was my initial reaction.

Yes... I'd like Trump out of the WH as soon as possible. Like a child bad loser, he's dropped all pretenses of even going through the motions on trivial stuff like COVID-19, and has bunkered himself in his little office... alternating between alienating his few remaining friends and allies.... and treating puppet Pence like a lap dog (worse really... because you don't slap lap dogs around). He's turned on those who have defended him all these years... all because of the cardinal sin of finally seeing reality and throwing in the towel (and quietly advising him to do the same). Sorry about the following parallel (you're not gonna like it obviously). But we've all read about Hitler's last days of life, where his delusional visions of victory caused the death of thousands of German soldiers, while he remained in his bunker... until there was nothing left to do but take his own life.

Yes... I'd like Trump out of the WH as soon as possible. BEFORE he continues doing the vindictive things he's doing like the mass pardons (even to convicted murderers) and fucking up foreign relations whenever he gets the chance. Like the awful tenant who leaves the leased apartment a mess to thumb his nose at the incoming tenant or the owner... Trump is doing his best to make things as difficult for Biden as possible from Day One. I want Trump out the White House before he can do ANY MORE DAMAGE.

But, impeachment? C'mon man. If there is any other way to prevent Trump from running again, then I'd go for that instead. Someone's gonna have to explain to me what possible good is going to come out of a second impeachment process, when all the first one did was make Trump more of a martyr in the eyes of many. This one is going to turn people yet again... who knows in what direction. Heaven knows some people nowadays seem to have their brains on a swivel... as evidenced by shifting popularity numbers and all that.

And yet... the permanent damage to American society is done.

One just has to look at this Neanderthal of a Representative from Georgia and her pathetic attempts to bring impeachment articles against Biden, to see this shit is beyond repair.

Any time for the next few months that I hear a politician claim that "this isn't who we are"...... I'm not going to be able to suppress a chuckle and raised eyebrow.

Those are empty words by now.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    One just has to look at this Neanderthal of a Representative from Georgia and her pathetic attempts to bring impeachment articles against Biden, to see this shit is beyond repair.
    Some people are demanding to be heard and it's not going to be good for anyone if they aren't.

They weren't heard about how illegal the Russiagate investigation & torpedoing of Trump's term in office was.

They haven't been heard about their questions in regards to election fraud.

And so yes, they will use the exact same tactics against those that used it on them.

It parallels quite nicely with boxing. If the ref is allowing clinching then it should be allowed for both fighters, if the ref is allowing punching in the clinch he should allow it for both fighters....a fair fight is all one side is asking for and what they're getting is the deck stacked against them and then they're being told to shut up and take it. That's not going to lead to a happy outcome.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it guarantees that Trump can not stand 2024 then it is worth doing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The boxing analogy is excellent. The referee is allowing Chuck wepner to land not dozens but hundreds of rabbit punches over and over and over in Clearview. Muhammad Ali starts to complain by about the sixth round. Angelo Dundee starts to chime in by about the eighth round. In the 10th round Chuck wepner hits Muhammad Ali with about the 250th rabbit punch, so Ali grabs Chuck wepner in a headlock and he lands about 15 rabbit punches as fast as he can on the back of wepner's head.

Moral of the story:

Obvious and doesn't need to be stated.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So punitive & vindictive is the path you wish us to travel down? That'll work out beautifully I am certain.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    So punitive & vindictive is the path you wish us to travel down? That'll work out beautifully I am certain.
    I see it as sensible, fair and just.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised. I thought the left was supposed to be tolerant and all inclusive. 89 million fans/followers of Trump are now supposed to be canceled and deleted? Demonized and brow beaten after a stolen election? Let's see how that works out.

I just posted very succinctly about cancel culture and how it is very very similar to 1917 bolshevism, and one of my zoom buddies just told me I was vile and sending out dog whistles, and that therefore I don't support black people's rights for equality. And wouldn't you know it, a mentally weak person actually agreed with him!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You see censorship and deleting a person/erasing a person IN A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC as sensible and fair and just?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    You see censorship and deleting a person/erasing a person IN A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC as sensible and fair and just?
    How did you get that from what I wrote?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seriously think we're living in two different universes because it says clear as day how I got that from what you wrote

you support taking action which will prevent Donald Trump from ever running from office again. That is in effect removing him and deleting him and censoring him and wiping him out.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seriously think we're living in two different universes because it says clear as day how I got that from what you wrote

you support taking action which will prevent Donald Trump from ever running from office again. That is in effect removing him and deleting him and censoring him and wiping him out.
    What is clear is that Trump did not accidentally get impeached. It happened for at least 2 reasons and there is a process that was followed. Tump has no one to blame but himself.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is clear is that Trump did not accidentally get impeached. It happened for at least 2 reasons and there is a process that was followed. Tump has no one to blame but himself.
    So just like the phony Russia gate that turned out to be a big goose egg, do you not think that the Democrats have been vindictive in this ? and do you realize that being impeached in the House of Representatives is completely meaningless because it will never be ratified by the Senate ?

El Kabong Guest

So it'll be "sensible fair and just" to prevent Kamala Harris from running for office again when her time is up?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For four years several times a day Trump even though the privilege he had given to him as President should have stopped him...insisted on being 'punitive and vindictive'.

The fact that El Kabong and Brock can ignore that shows that they too are not above aping his behaviour.

That they are willing to ignore millions who voted in a free and fair election presided over by Trump and his Judges, just hammers home the point.

You are both as pro censorship and pro cancel culture as it is possible to get.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information