Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gotta put my kitty down

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Last night, my beloved Genghis passed away. We found him this morning on the floor in the lounge peacefully. He had been with us for 17 years. If I could be the all around nice guy he was I would too die a happy man.

In all that 17 years, he never scratched us once, never bit, and was never the slightest bit unpleasant, ever or once. In turn, every single time over 17 years, I never failed to acknowledge him on pass him by without giving him a cuddle or a stroke or a few words. He always sat on my chest watching TV, purring away.

As I write this post, I am crying like a baby.

Rest in peace, my little Gengh.

Wow, a serious moment. Pets can be loyal like no other
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Genghis reminds me of the cat I had, she was good at killing mice and having kittens. Always in front of the heater sleeping and relaxing. As kids we fed her our left over milk in our cereal when mum was not looking. To call her for her food when she was outside of the house we would bang the spoon on the plate and she would come running.

You have long happy memories with him and you should cherish the time you had with him. You lucky man.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last night, my beloved Genghis passed away. We found him this morning on the floor in the lounge peacefully. He had been with us for 17 years. If I could be the all around nice guy he was I would too die a happy man.

In all that 17 years, he never scratched us once, never bit, and was never the slightest bit unpleasant, ever or once. In turn, every single time over 17 years, I never failed to acknowledge him on pass him by without giving him a cuddle or a stroke or a few words. He always sat on my chest watching TV, purring away.

So sorry to hear about your loss X. Such a sad thing to hear and I know no words from me can fill that void. Cats truly are a treasure and a balm to the soul.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brother sorry about Genghis, 17 is a very long life and a testament to quality living and better attentive pet owners. Him was a handsome dude. Looks almost exactly like our 'Duncan' who is coming up on 15. Love the tuxedos.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BEEDA02B-DA80-4C50-97E1-F4872DC69033.jpg

If this worked right this is one of the last pictures I took of Baxter. He had stopped eating at this point but wasn’t suffering. The iPhone does not make it easy to put pictures here

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looks like a Tiger in a bad mood.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He looks like a Tiger in a bad mood.
    That was probably a month before he died. I was trying to figure out why he wasn’t eating, found his nail had grown into the pad of his paw and an infection was setting in. Brought him to the vet, they took care of it and put him on antibiotics. I attributed his weight loss to that until it continued after his paw healed. It was then they dig deeper and found the tumor. He weighed 16 ponds was a very big muscular cat went quick. That pic you see is right at the beginning of the end for him. He was a loud bossy cat who would bite and hiss and snarl but would curl up next to me like a kitten when I was reading. He definitely had yin yang thing going on but his hissing and biting was all show, he was a little wimp who would hall ass to me when the neighbors dog barked at him. Anyway he was a lot of fun and I miss him. I hope @X is starting to feel a little better definitely takes time.

Thread Information