Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: Biggest influencers on music thread

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,522
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    @Spicoli didn't know about southern California but damn that is some big time mix of stuff. Just curious because most of that stuff I also like as well, when you say New Wave are you talking about Gary Newman in cars and stuff like Devo and The b-52s and flock of seagulls? Because I was in a band when that stuff came out and we had to do all of those tunes you know rock lobster and I ran I ran so far away
    Newman was good and The Cars and Devo were big. Men at Work, The Fixx, Psychedelic Furs, Talking Heads, The Cure..Bananarama. Original Babies on Fire by Brian Eno . Never big on B 52s but there was a re up party house every weekend that and Violent Femmes was literally all they played.
    Yep all those bands were big and I remember every one of them

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,320
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    708
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    Can’t forget this dude. When he performed it the first time he was booed and called Judas. Went on to be an anthem. This dude influenced so many and has been writing and performing for 6 decades. You go see his shows there are people 15-78 there. He touches everyone

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,102
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    477
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    @Spicoli didn't know about southern California but damn that is some big time mix of stuff. Just curious because most of that stuff I also like as well, when you say New Wave are you talking about Gary Newman in cars and stuff like Devo and The b-52s and flock of seagulls? Because I was in a band when that stuff came out and we had to do all of those tunes you know rock lobster and I ran I ran so far away
    Newman was good and The Cars and Devo were big. Men at Work, The Fixx, Psychedelic Furs, Talking Heads, The Cure..Bananarama. Original Babies on Fire by Brian Eno . Never big on B 52s but there was a re up party house every weekend that and Violent Femmes was literally all they played.
    Yep all those bands were big and I remember every one of them
    You played in a band? What instrument? IMO, you on stage would've been a hellatious drummer. I wonder under the costume if this is really you playing mellow, then u watched some kid walk by with their parent who had on a Biden T shirt around 30 seconds into clip ! Shame on you!




    @NoSavingByTheBell true identity revealed!! Moonlight drumming at local festivals @ykdadamaja @Beanz @Master @Spicoli
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 02-01-2021 at 03:05 PM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,522
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    @Spicoli didn't know about southern California but damn that is some big time mix of stuff. Just curious because most of that stuff I also like as well, when you say New Wave are you talking about Gary Newman in cars and stuff like Devo and The b-52s and flock of seagulls? Because I was in a band when that stuff came out and we had to do all of those tunes you know rock lobster and I ran I ran so far away
    Newman was good and The Cars and Devo were big. Men at Work, The Fixx, Psychedelic Furs, Talking Heads, The Cure..Bananarama. Original Babies on Fire by Brian Eno . Never big on B 52s but there was a re up party house every weekend that and Violent Femmes was literally all they played.
    Yep all those bands were big and I remember every one of them
    You played in a band? What instrument? IMO, you on stage would've been a hellatious drummer. I wonder under the costume if this is really you playing mellow, then u watched some kid walk by with their parent who had on a Biden T shirt around 30 seconds into clip ! Shame on you!




    @NoSavingByTheBell true identity revealed!! Moonlight drumming at local festivals @ykdadamaja @Beanz @Master @Spicoli
    @SlimTrae I played lead guitar from the age of 14 starting with the songs by Kiss and Black Sabbath, then around 18 or 19 years old had a jazz fusion band with songs like the mahavishnu orchestra and return to forever. Always wanted to play the drums and I can't stop listening to Ginger Baker.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,522
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    whoever watches the first 3 minutes of this has their brains scrambled up and changed forever: I, of course, am immune.


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,320
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    708
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    Doesn’t seem right to not have Brian Wilson here


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,522
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    I remember in 2016 you were really big on Brian Wilson. Weren't you talking about Brian Wilson by the time we ordered the second round of Sex on the Beach?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,522
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    Actually no you were going on and on and on about Bob Dylan

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,320
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    708
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    I feel bad cause I used to not like The Beach Boys and they wrote some excellent music. Never really appreciated it. Now I got to put up “god only knows” what a beautiful song. I’ve always loved Dylan


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,522
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    the haunting intro to Good Vibes was hauntingness since I was 9 years old, I remember I used to just play the haunting intro over and over and over as a '45 on the record player in 1972

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,102
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    477
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    whoever watches the first 3 minutes of this has their brains scrambled up and changed forever: I, of course, am immune.

    He's pretty tight. Not sure I'd want to listen to a 10mn solo of anything though.


    Today's era of kids are just so friggin talented- what a shame music industry doesn't promote musicians anymore...these 2 young Asian sisters are the examples.





    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,102
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    477
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    MC HAMMER

    I thought it over a long time.

    SugarHillGang was the 1st major group. they were nowhere near the 1st rap act. In fact our heroes of rap declared their making up words like dang diggy dang a dang a diddy..or a hip hop hibby to the hibidy hip...U get it! it was pure garbage to EVERY TOP GROUP, DUO doing parties and clubs. Problem was their manager had $ & connections..so when they got them on radio...the people, masses thought it was the shit! Grand Master stated it was awful- but we all had to reinvent our game because that was what the people wanted.

    Kurtis Blow was the 1st major solo artist

    Da Brat the first to go platinum

    DJ Kool Herc had dancers during his break- they were the break boys...which eventually became known as breakdancing

    Grandmaster Flash invented what DJs do today- mixing songs together.

    Grandmaster's copartner little brother one day accidentally bumped record...- it didn't skip or scratch the needle slid...the young boy liked that sound and played wioth it...he became Wizard Theodore- who invented scratching to this day...every major DJ does it.
    side note- "The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash On the Wheels of Steel", the first record to only showcase turntablism.

    Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five again!! By 1983 they changed the game. Once they were known, doing videos, they felt compelled to speak on their hood, their problems, so what would be called conscious rap- started- the song called The Message.

    "It's like a jungle, sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under"
    They backed that up with whitelines...people using coke to cope...


    I wanted to give RUN DMC the credit- & big bro Russell Simmons who along with Rick Rubin formed Def Jam because RUN DMC was the 1st rap group to headline tours...they came out on stage with a HUGE PAIR OF ADIDAS SNEAKERS THE SIZE OF 2 CARS- IT WAS WILD!!!


    So I think the greatest influence in rap music wasn't the best rapper. MC Hammer
    B4 him it was just guys on stage rapping- but with Michael & Janet Jackson videos highlighting dancers- he felt he was as good or a better dancer.

    When he did- according to Morris Day of the Time...his song 2legit toquit- fucked th game up Because it was a major #1 hit without musicians.
    From then on- mostly R&B, rap were given stupid limited budgets to record albums. Hammer did his with beat machine, sampling machine and overdubs and makes tens to hundreds of millions.

    Funk music died for a moment. Soul Music deemed for old folk and the young kids of the 1990s were fed digital algorythms for sound.
    (Until the album called the Chronic by Dr.Dre who was a fan of funk-rap music was about beat machines and sampling. Dr. Dre started playing instruments in his songs-which revived music into rap music again.

    Hammer was so inspirational, that rappers emulated them by having 300 hundred dancers on one stage!

    Yes Michael & Janet inspired pop artists to have dancers, but Hammer did it for rappers. Hammer made it possible to sell a hundred million copies without using musicians.

    Hammer IMO was/is the most influential rap artist ever.



    comedians had a field day with MC hammer wannabes




    @Spicoli @ykdadamaja who was the most influential rap artist/group/duo?

    Without hammer? No Wacky D!!

    Last edited by SlimTrae; 06-17-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,102
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    477
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    Hammer sold out everywhere.

    On TV...it was an event..women loved this dude. And whenever he did Arsenio Hall show...he got top ratings!!


    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,102
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    477
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread

    a post ago I joked 300 hundred dancers on one stage....how many mofos in the video above??
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,102
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    477
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Biggest influencers on music thread




    First rapper to do a world tour like this. Looking at all those dancers, easy to see how expensive it be to feed all those mofos, pay em.



    A lot of rapper sell out shows, but none performed, none came close to doing it like Hammer, but boy o boy do they try.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 09:54 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing