Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez v Avni Yildirim

Oh boy... I can see we're getting carried away here.

People are talking as if Canelo was a 15-0 rising star, still a little wet behind the ears.

Canelo had 43 professional fights when he fought Floyd!! That is more than a full career for many fighters.

So please stop with the "Canelo was still on his way up" nonsense.

To see that followed with "Mayweather wouldn't hear the final bell against the Canelo of today" is even more mind-blowing.

Really??

Can we mention that Canelo is now a full-blown 168-pounder (when he isn't sneaking up to 175 or down to 160 to pick off gimpy zebras) with the chin of a light heavyweight?

Shit. This would be Canelo-Khan all over again.

I can see this legend bullshit morphing and getting a life of its own. Won't be long before TBE talk starts floating around.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

People are talking as if Canelo was a 15-0 rising star, still a little wet behind the ears.

Canelo had 43 professional fights when he fought Floyd!! That is more than a full career for many fighters.

To see that followed with "Mayweather wouldn't hear the final bell against the Canelo of today" is even more mind-blowing.

Really??

Can we mention that Canelo is now a full-blown 168-pounder (when he isn't sneaking up to 175 or down to 160 to pick off gimpy zebras) with the chin of a light heavyweight?

I can see this legend bullshit morphing and getting a life of its own. Won't be long before TBE talk starts floating around.
    i actually said the canelo of then wouldnt see the final bell against the canelo of today

do you think he was as good then as he is now?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Really??

i actually said the canelo of then wouldnt see the final bell against the canelo of today

do you think he was as good then as he is now?

Oops sorry... I misunderstood. But to answer your question, no. Of course he's improved. He'd almost have to, given the additional fight experience.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying the Canelo of that day wouldn't make the final bell against the Canelo of today. Today's Canelo would win... no doubt. But I don't think his progression has been all that. Honestly.

I think most of it has been calculated match-making (my forever beef with Canelo's career)... and maybe settling into a weight he should've been at long ago. He held off on Golovkin until he felt Golovkin had begun his decline.

But in all honesty Canelo could've faced Golovkin two years before. That's when the "marinating" B.S. first got coined.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

Beautiful post.

You never mentioned the PEDS though.

Canelo is a good fighter but we don’t know how many fights he legitimately won whilst off the PEDS.

Floyd was also much smaller, dodgy hands and way out of his prime at an aging 37 years old.

Floyd is a genius in the ring.

BJS has to beat Canelo like Floyd as he’s not knocking him out.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

sounds like you're agreeing that mayweather wouldn't hear the final bell against the canelo of today. the legend continues to grow
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Really??

sounds like you're agreeing that mayweather wouldn't hear the final bell against the canelo of today. the legend continues to grow

your opinion

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

your opinion
    you went on to say it would be canelo khan all over again. sounds like agreement to me. so not really mind blowing yeh
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

your opinion
    you went on to say it would be canelo khan all over again. sounds like agreement to me. so not really mind blowing yeh

and you feel canelo beating khan is a great accomplishment yeh. sounds like someones bar is slightly low on accomplishments yeh

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez names Cotto as most important fight in snub to Golovkin and vows to carry on boxing until he’s 37.

CANELO ALVAREZ has snubbed long-term rival Gennady Golovkin by naming Jose Miguel Cotto as his most important fight.

The pound-for-pound king bounced back from his sole career defeat to Floyd Mayweather to claim the WBC middleweight title over Cotto.

Canelo boxed his way to a twelve-round decision over the Puerto Rican in 2015 but many believe his clashes with GGG to be his most significant.

The Mexican, 30, fought to a contentious draw against Golovkin, 38, in 2017 with several feeling Alvarez was fortunate to avoid defeat.

But in their equally thrilling rematch a year later, Canelo prevailed with another razor thin set of scorecards.

The two have since reportedly held talks over a trilogy fight but the four-weight champion still considers Cotto as his biggest scalp to date.

He told TUDN: "Without a doubt, the most important was when I fought against Miguel Cotto.

"When I beat Miguel Cotto… that was the most important."

SunSport previously reported that Canelo is planning four world title fights this year and wants to unify the super-middleweight division.

He is back in action next month when he fights mandatory challenger Avni Yildirim in Miami and he has also vowed to to carry on boxing until he’s 37.

He told TUDN: "We'll see, but we'll still be being a nuisance in six or seven years' time.

"[Two months between fights] is enough time, to be honest, and I'm very ready to fight.

"I feel very happy, thankful and motivated to go to Miami - a new place for my fights."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14065...otto-golovkin/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

your opinion

and you feel canelo beating khan is a great accomplishment yeh. sounds like someones bar is slightly low on accomplishments yeh
    i never said canelo beating khan was a great accomplishment. you really need to stop making shit up. you are starting to sound more & more like another proven liar on here

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

your opinion

i never said canelo beating khan was a great accomplishment. you really need to stop making shit up. you are starting to sound more & more like another proven liar on here

Ahh... and yet you equate Floyd losing against 168-pound Canelo with his (cough)... "legend" continuing to grow.

So on the one hand you've got a "David vs Goliath" match not being a great accomplishment... but another "David vs Goliath" match would cause Ginger's (cough) "legend" to grow.

Sounds like you're the one with honesty issues.

Either that, or YDKSAB.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

your opinion

Ahh... and yet you equate Floyd losing against 168-pound Canelo with his (cough)... "legend" continuing to grow.

So on the one hand you've got a "David vs Goliath" match not being a great accomplishment... but another "David vs Goliath" match would cause Ginger's (cough) "legend" to grow.

Either that, or YDKSAB.
    mayweather wouldn't hear the final bell against the canelo of today is a statement. the legend continues to grow is another statement. nothing to do with each other

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

your opinion

Either that, or YDKSAB.
    mayweather wouldn't hear the final bell against the canelo of today is a statement. the legend continues to grow is another statement. nothing to do with each other

Right. And "your check is in the mail".

I think I made my point. No need in continuing these useless word games but of course you're welcome to have the last word as usual.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

your opinion

Either that, or YDKSAB.

I think I made my point. No need in continuing these useless word games but of course you're welcome to have the last word as usual.
    thanks. the legend continues to grow

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really??

your opinion

Either that, or YDKSAB.

thanks. the legend continues to grow

yeh

Thread Information