Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Delicious Orie - Next top Heavyweight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Delicious Orie - Next top Heavyweight?

Brilliant name 😂
    He's half Russian half Nigerian but represents the UK, 6ft 6 tall with a go forward style.
    A fair bit of hype has started now too.

"Some say I'm the new Anthony Joshua, but one day I aim to be even better and dominate," says aspiring Team GB Olympic heavyweight Delicious Orie.

In boxing, confidence is crucial and this 23-year-old, of mixed Russian and Nigerian heritage, has plenty - as well as an eye-catching name.

When the bell goes he describes himself as a "relentless and aggressive," warrior-like-figure who is "100% focused and obsessed" with knocking his opponent out.

In person - and away from the ring - there is no hint of the arrogance or cockiness often associated with contenders in his sport. Orie is calm, humble and appreciative of the sacrifices his family made to give him the chance of a better life away from racism in Russia.

"I was born in Moscow and life was harder out there," he recalls. "We didn't have a lot of money and some people didn't like me purely because of the colour of my skin.

"I was seven when we moved to the UK and although it was difficult because I didn't speak the language and there were cultural differences, I could see there were more opportunities for kids to succeed."

Orie's target is an Olympic title for his adopted nation at Paris 2024, but first he must secure British citizenship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/55677888

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Delicious Orie - Next top Heavyweight?

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Brilliant name 😂
    He's half Russian half Nigerian but represents the UK, 6ft 6 tall with a go forward style.

"Some say I'm the new Anthony Joshua, but one day I aim to be even better and dominate," says aspiring Team GB Olympic heavyweight Delicious Orie.

In boxing, confidence is crucial and this 23-year-old, of mixed Russian and Nigerian heritage, has plenty - as well as an eye-catching name.

When the bell goes he describes himself as a "relentless and aggressive," warrior-like-figure who is "100% focused and obsessed" with knocking his opponent out.

In person - and away from the ring - there is no hint of the arrogance or cockiness often associated with contenders in his sport. Orie is calm, humble and appreciative of the sacrifices his family made to give him the chance of a better life away from racism in Russia.

"I was born in Moscow and life was harder out there," he recalls. "We didn't have a lot of money and some people didn't like me purely because of the colour of my skin.

"I was seven when we moved to the UK and although it was difficult because I didn't speak the language and there were cultural differences, I could see there were more opportunities for kids to succeed."

Orie's target is an Olympic title for his adopted nation at Paris 2024, but first he must secure British citizenship.

I was just going to ask what happened to Fraser Clarke. But this guy is trying to be a Frenchman. lol... Good luck to him and I will look him up.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Parents trolled his entire life at the age of 1 month with that name . Not much footage but at 6'6 he looks like he could fill out another 20+lbs.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Brilliant name 😂

What's he done ?

He done nothing as an Amateur and nothing as a pro and you've seen what the last two UK super heavyweight olympians (Don't even have to mentions their names) have done at the olympics. So he's set a very high bar.

Make a post when he's done somthing otherwise you sound like his dad. Pat McCormack is probably the best boxer for Team GB.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 01-31-2021 at 03:54 AM.

Thread Information