Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Williams v Demetrius Andrade

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Golovkin is apparently planning on fighting Murata in Japan's new year eve stuff according to Edward Hearn.... Can't see either of them taking on andrade in the meantime I'm sure that event will pay a lot, and golovkin is old now so I say on you go you old git take your money....

Hopefully andrade gets Charlo that would be a nice fight for both of them.
    Hopefully it comes off. Promotions may say something else. That's the thing that frustrates ya, Charlo is set to defend in June v the guy who Kirkland looked at as an easy mark to come back against but got sparked. Obviously Charlo/Andrade are running same schedule and know it'll be big. Both not getting any younger. You just wish we'd cut out these middle man almost keep busy fights and get on with an actual fan friendly competitive match. Still think Andrade regrets pulling out of his defense v the other Charlo years ago because he wanted more money too.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie sounded pretty determined to land the Charlo fight, he said they'd fight in fox whatever that means, maybe Charlo is contracted to them... If eddiiie is being honest and the Charlo andrade fight doesn't happen I think we can't blame andrade...

I'm expecting a silly tittle defence fromm both next...

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Demetrius Andrade floors and outpoints Liam Williams to defend WBO middleweight title

Liam Williams unable to become Britain's latest world champion despite gutsy challenge of Demetrius Andrade; he climbed off the canvas and later rocked the American but it wasn't enough

Liam Williams was denied a world title after being dropped and frustrated by Demetrius Andrade on Saturday night in Florida.

Andrade remained undefeated and won by unanimous decision to cling onto his WBO middleweight championship despite a spirited effort from Williams.

The Brit was regarded as the champion's sternest test but got off to a catastrophic start.

Andrade hurt him in the opening round then, in the second, knocked him down with a right-left combination.

Williams gamely battled back and forced Andrade into a brawl at times, which the American regularly spoiled by holding.

The ninth round was Williams' best - a right hand rocked Andrade but he couldn't follow up with another blow and the moment slipped away.

The fight was scored 118-109, 118-109 and 116-111 in Andrade's favour.

Joe Calzaghe, who Williams was aiming to emulate as a world champion from Wales, said: "Brave effort by Williams tonight. Hurt early but came back and showed he belongs at world level hurting Andrade in the ninth.

"Bad ref, frustrating and allowed way too much holding!"

Williams, after two losses to Liam Smith in 2017, had reinvented himself and was on a superb seven-fight win streak which earned him this mandatory opportunity.

Instead, the night belonged to the southpaw Andrade who delivered a reminder that he is a tricky customer in his fourth world title defence.

Unbeaten in 30, he will be looking towards the middleweight division's other champions - Gennadiy Golovkin, Ryota Murata and Jermall Charlo.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12278874/x
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the highlights earlier . It looked like Williams got beat up a bit.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    I watched the highlights earlier . It looked like Williams got beat up a bit.
    Considering the bad start he did well to get back into the fight and won the middle rounds. He did take a lot of uppercuts and could not really get his own combinations going. He did himself proud and put up a very good effort.
    Last edited by Master; 04-19-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Decent fight. UD was predictable, but Williams' effort deserves mentioning.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know it's the done thing to give props to a plucky effort but I thought Williams was completely out of his depth to be honest. Andrade to me looked like he put a bit too much into trying to take Williams out early, almost got it done to be fair. He was blowing for the remainder of the fight. Williams landed two decent punches. The animal that he's supposed to have become never came out of it's cage. Even when the door was open, to be honest it looked like he didn't fancy chancing it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i kind of agree with the above

He may have been brave and he did seem to start getting a foothold after a bit, but it was like he turned up relying on some sort of ruggedness

first few rounds at least he was walking in uneducated, i didnt like it at all, right from the start i was thinking - cummon mate if you do that again hes just gonna punch you really hard in the face
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A division with some good fighters and here I am trying to justify the work of an opponent seemingly doomed from the start. I just watched a video of Andrade & Charllo at a fight. He str8 up got an attitude and said he wanted to fight Booboo.

"Whatchu lookint at me crazy for? lets make the fight" To those words charlo walked away- 3 years later we got Liam Williams instead

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately it pretty much went how I thought it would. But he really shouldn’t have got caught with so many uppercuts. Slightly disappointing to be honest, but no doubting Williams’s courage.
    I just wished he’d been a little smarter.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Decent highlights, Andrade simply is smarter, stronger, controlled the ring. Circled to his left & his right stop on a dime with rapid fire. Nasty uppercuts, lead lefts, hooks, switched up southpaw to orthodox. A bit of a clinic, definately proved he didn't fight a pushover.

Rather he made it look like Liam was a pushover.

Thread Information