Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miguel Berchelt v Oscar Valdez 2/20 Espn

miguel got iced
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Berchelt said in the corner "ya valio verga" That certified to me that his spirit was broken.

That was probably the most chills I have gotten from watching a boxing KO in a while. I thought Tank's KO of LSC was gonna be hard to be beat but this KO was next level. Luckily that left hook hit Berchelt on the low on the temple, not high, or it could have been even more ugly. And also the ref just slighly broke Berchelt's fall which also helped.

But despite that even when they loaded Berchelt in the ambulance it's clear to see he still hadn't no where near recovered.

He had nothing left but his heart to carry him on. But credit to both guys for their showing in there and hope Berchelt is ok. After taking all the big shots he took and then get viciously KOed like that, he may will never be the same again.

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-26-2021 at 03:45 AM.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    When Berchelt said in the corner "ya valio verga" That certified to me that his spirit was broken.

That was probably the most chills I have gotten from watching a boxing KO in a while. I thought Tank's KO of LSC was gonna be hard to be beat but this KO was next level. Luckily that left hook hit Berchelt on the low on the temple, not high, or it could have been even more ugly. And also the ref just slighly breaked Berchelt fall which also helped.

But despite that even when they loaded Berchelt in the ambulance it's clear to see he still hadn't no where near recovered.

He had nothing left but his heart to carry him on. But credit to both guys for their showing in there and hope Berchelt is ok. After taking all the big shots he took and then get viciously KOed like that, he may will never be the same again.

Spot on I really enjoyed that fight .🙂

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The few fights I'd seen of Bercheldt I figured each one would be exciting because he was never quick in foot nor hand speed. I figured he'd get outboxed, but not a KO like that.

Without an audience I could hear Valdez' excitement. Kudos to Bercheldt for trying to get himself in the fight midrounds, seemed that 4th round drubbing, this would've been over by the 5th or 6th.

Skills, speed, ring generalship and power by Valdez, unfortunately for Berchelt, just heart was on display. There won't be a rematch nor trilogy for Miguel to get a win. Same result each time.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where does Oscar Valdez fit in the scope of today's best?

3 years @ Feather. His breakout fight for me was the Quigg fight.

At 1st I thought he was just a solid fighter as Quigg busted that azz, jaw, nose, bloodied. total war against IMO another solid, but not a great fighter in Quigg.

With Berchelt there are 2 compromising issues for Oscar's win. 1- is the recovering from covid. the 2nd is Berchelt's way to win was never going to be about being the slicker fighter, nevertheless, this leads to what does make a good fighter great: finding ways to win.

Shakur Stevenson, Rhakimov, Herring, Diaz Jr & of course Tank. Some potential fireworks here.

Can he become the star of the division? I'm thinking Tank's time at this weight is limited.
    Who should he fight next or most likely opponent be?

I thought the sparring session with the bigger Canelo revealed the limitations of Valdez. No way should a guy as big as Canelo make this guy miss as clear as he was. Sparring only, but if he can't catch a guy whose standing in front of him, not sure if he can last with Tank who isn't a stand-in-front fighter.

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a fantastic performance from Valdez. I was worried going in as he hadn't looked good in recent fights at 130.

I have always felt that when he boxes Valdez is very hard to beat. He always tended to make things harder for himself by brawling.

And what a KO!

Most have probably already seen it but I thought I'd upload a good copy incase anyone wants it:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7zr2al
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information