Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Woke Coke" by Gandalf

I honestly don't give a shit as #1, I don't live in California... and #2, I'm not into shopping at retail stores. So there's that

However, these excerpts from the legislation in question are good for a laugh.

PART 2.57. Gender Neutral Retail Departments
    55.7. The Legislature finds and declares both of the following:
    (a) Unjustified differences in similar products that are traditionally marketed either for girls or for boys can be more easily identified by the consumer if similar items are displayed closer to one another in one, undivided area of the retail sales floor.
    (b) Keeping similar items that are traditionally marketed either for girls or for boys separated makes it more difficult for the consumer to compare the products and incorrectly implies that their use by one gender is inappropriate.

Part (a) is just some convoluted gobbledygook written by someone obviously on drugs. "Unjustified differences in similar products that are traditionally marketed for girls or for boys...." Whoo... gives you a headache just reading that drivel. Anyway, the part about the displays being closer to one another is harmless enough. Pain in the ass for those in retail floor design now having to toe the line on totally useless legislation... but what the hell. Those in retail floor design should've studied something else.

Part (b) is where the side-splitting comedy kicks into gear. Separation of similar items "marketed either for girls or for boys makes it more difficult for the consumer to compare the products and..." (chuckle, guffaw) "... incorrectly implies that their use by one gender is inappropriate."

Oh STOP it you people! You're killing me here!!

Seriously. This is what some people in the state legislature get paid thousands and thousands of dollars to do. On some level it stops being funny.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Literally woke up to the Earth shattering news that one toy maker will no longer designate a "Mr or Mrs" Potato Head ffs . Have to be real here that sounds pretty short bus. As far as toy sections a lot of these are not officially 'designated' that I'm aware of. Cloths yes but the last time I strolled through a toy aisle..for a friend of course..the frilly Barbies were just down from the action figures and model airplanes. Guarantee you'll piss the kiddos off more, and the parents, because what is the one thing a kid hates doing with parents...shopping for cloths in the first place. They want to get in and out. That bill would seem to not be directed at Mon & Pop small businesses. By definition it applies to stores with a 500 employee base per location . Walmart doesn't even have 500 employees on location. Definitely not as far as cashiers are concerned. Every State has ass backwards laws and proposals on the books. Guess we all take that into account choosing to live their. People in parts of Ca. are more outraged that it cost almost 2K in monthly rent to call a micro studio apartment home. New York restricts the size of your soft drinks. So Mississippi puts a law on the book that you cannot restrict the size of a customers soft drink. First world problems USA.

https://apnews.com/article/mr-potato...814657be41a9d8

Here's an article on the topic.

Seems Hasbro (now pressured to be known simply as Has, without the "bro") was made aware of Mr. Potato Head's claim that the "Mr." part was simply the gender it was assigned at birth.

Somewhere there's a thread that needs dredging up. Something about companies caving like a line of dominoes under the hilarious, but persistently annoying hardball tactics from this certain lobby that will remain unnamed for the time being.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

@Gandalf is this what you meant ??
    Yes, another company talking absolute bollocks. Stick to selling Coke you daft sods. You could imagine them in Germany 1932: 'Come on Jews, be less darn Jewish'. How is that a good idea?
    Except it is all bullshit.

Takes two seconds to discover that, but when you are gullible enough to be so eager to share the 'Tik-Tok' opinion peace of someone who thinks God made specific seperate races then I guess there is no helping you.

Ha!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ees-white.html
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Yes, another company talking absolute bollocks. Stick to selling Coke you daft sods. You could imagine them in Germany 1932: 'Come on Jews, be less darn Jewish'. How is that a good idea?

Takes two seconds to discover that, but when you are gullible enough to be so eager to share the 'Tik-Tok' opinion peace of someone who thinks God made specific seperate races then I guess there is no helping you.

Ha!

Ha! Ha!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha!

What is all BS? That Coke was not attempting to be woke? Who said God made different races? Not really following any of this.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha!

What is all BS? That Coke was not attempting to be woke? Who said God made different races? Not really following any of this.

The whole furore of the pathetically over sensitive broflake crowd getting such a twisted frisson of excitement at the prospect of being able to claim their own rightful place in the hall of victimhood.

It turns out (and you can check the Daily Mail link of all places to verify it) that actually the contentious claim that Coke was encouraging people to be less white was actually just one slide on a LinkedIn diversity training link that was never mandated as compulsory viewing at all. God knows why i would want to defend a corporation as sickly and poisonous as Coke but that claims made are much more about people ironically begging to have the right to be offended.

Look at the messenger and forget the naive idea that the messenger is not important, that is ridiculous when they are repackaging and twisting the news.

A young TikTock bullshitter who ends her claim with the news that God made people with specific coloured skin.

The flag is nearly always a give away. I know it is somewhat different in America but here you see the Union Flag behind someone virtue signalling their faketriotism and you can tell already that they do not even understand the first thing about what being British means.

People need to stop amplifying idiots and that applies to both the fruitcake who thinks that people should try to be less white as it does to those who in response are looking to get their outrage on as a means to garner followers on social media.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha!

The whole furore of the pathetically over sensitive broflake crowd getting such a twisted frisson of excitement at the prospect of being able to claim their own rightful place in the hall of victimhood.

It turns out (and you can check the Daily Mail link of all places to verify it) that actually the contentious claim that Coke was encouraging people to be less white was actually just one slide on a LinkedIn diversity training link that was never mandated as compulsory viewing at all. God knows why i would want to defend a corporation as sickly and poisonous as Coke but that claims made are much more about people ironically begging to have the right to be offended.

Look at the messenger and forget the naive idea that the messenger is not important, that is ridiculous when they are repackaging and twisting the news.

A young TikTock bullshitter who ends her claim with the news that God made people with specific coloured skin.

The flag is nearly always a give away. I know it is somewhat different in America but here you see the Union Flag behind someone virtue signalling their faketriotism and you can tell already that they do not even understand the first thing about what being British means.

People need to stop amplifying idiots and that applies to both the fruitcake who thinks that people should try to be less white as it does to those who in response are looking to get their outrage on as a means to garner followers on social media.
    Oversensitive he points fingers yet wigs out at the mention of Soros

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"He Viggs out"

by Beans

Vy should I vigg out
    Venn I sniff my snout
    Ven Valrus vorries all ze Time
    If Gandalf has been very fine
    and Soros is a fucking swine
    due to his fucking crimes
    against his own people

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"He Viggs out"

by Beans

Vy should I vigg out
    Venn I sniff my snout
    Ven Valrus vorries all ze Time
    If Gandalf has been very fine
    and Soros is a fucking swine
    due to his fucking crimes
    against his own people

Seriously there is no need to mention Soros unless you want to provoke a reaction. If that is what you want to do then fine but don't expect me to remain cordial and pretend that you can't help joining in with anti-semitic bullshit.

It is something you are choosing to do again and again.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Ha!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I am not the one posting pro Soros videos and memes or claiming victim hood though am I?

You all repeatedly use the Soros trope as a way to try and antagonise me and hide your anti semitic bullshit and it is beyond cowardly.

If you want to have a pop be a man about it.

Here you all are crying like babies over something that not only didn't happen, but doesn't even affect you one bit.

It is beyond pathetic.

If you get your news from Tik-Tok, and your opinions third hand from teenagers and moronic YouTube celebrities you deserve all the derision it is possible to throw at you.

Fucking Muppets.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Way too much time on your hands.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Ha!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I am not the one posting pro Soros videos and memes or claiming victim hood though am I?

You all repeatedly use the Soros trope as a way to try and antagonise me and hide your anti semitic bullshit and it is beyond cowardly.

If you want to have a pop be a man about it.

Here you all are crying like babies over something that not only didn't happen, but doesn't even affect you one bit.

It is beyond pathetic.

If you get your news from Tik-Tok, and your opinions third hand from teenagers and moronic YouTube celebrities you deserve all the derision it is possible to throw at you.

Fucking Muppets.
    Ha!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Break up this nonsense. I invite you to check this tune out. It’s 4:39 here US leaving work, particularly grueling week, but this song came on XM radio. Harrison practiced a differently religion than I but he was very devoted and into it. Really spiritual dude. I think he wrote shit with a lot of meaning. Really kind of hits the spot. I blast the fuck out of songs like this to clear my head. Seriously, what would life be without music?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holy cow just George and his guitar what a beautiful thing

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Combative (a collaboration betwixt ptsd Brock ballbuster gandalf and denilson)

If you say that word I’ll get combative
    The only prose I’ll accept is mother goose narrative
    This is my place dig
    Adam ain’t walk-in around with a fig
    I say what goes
    If you don’t like it you go
    With the ho
    Sellin spliff
    By the Tijuana bakery stiff
    If you don’t relate
    Your a racist
    Fascist