Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bruno v Tyson - New Sky documentary Tonight

Looks good this 😎

Available on Friday night on Sky Documentaries and NOW TV, Bruno v Tyson is the full story of an epic in-ring rivalry and the fascinating personal relationship that went along with it; Tyson and Bruno were reunited for a candid chat.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...by-frank-bruno

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bruno v Tyson - New Sky documentary Tonight

Watched it last night. Proper nostalgia trip and I had a couple of man tears in my eyes at certain moments.

A must watch.

Get in there Frank!
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was mad to rewatch just how used Bruno was by advertiser's, can you imagine a black man playing Man Friday to Robinson Crusoe in a Brown Sauce advert in 2021 😳😳

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was a bit shit. I didn't really care to relive what went on back then. I wanted to hear from them both in the here and now. The five minutes shoe horned onto the end wasn't good enough. No offence to either but maybe expecting lengthy dialogue from either was ambitious on my part.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually thought they both seemed pretty frosty and awkward toward each other at the end, don't write off - Tyson v Bruno 3 "Exhibition Bout" in the future either.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mike has always thought Frank was a bit of a joker and makes no effort to hide it. Whenever he talks about him there’s always a grin across his face. He’s obviously mellowed a bit now but it’s unmistakable.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a feeling it was gonna be shit
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first fight was huge in the UK and would have been even bigger had they had their bout at Wembley as was originally planned. In reality Tyson beat Bruno easy both times and yet was in poor condition for the fights. Frank was made to order for Iron Mike, he was too slow and cumbersome.

I remember Mike Tyson won the best oversea athlete for SPOTY on the BBC. When he collected the award on the video he was with his entourage saying that he enjoyed beating Bruno and looked forward to beating more Brits and making easy money. Tyson was being an ass.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The first fight was huge in the UK and would have been even bigger had they had their bout at Wembley as was originally planned. In reality Tyson beat Bruno easy both times and yet was in poor condition for the fights. Frank was made to order for Iron Mike, he was too slow and cumbersome.

I remember Mike Tyson won the best oversea athlete for SPOTY on the BBC. When he collected the award on the video he was with his entourage saying that he enjoyed beating Bruno and looked forward to beating more Brits and making easy money. Tyson was being an ass.
    This is your worst ever post

For first fight Tyson was at his peak, he never bettered that physical shape and it was Bruno who was struggling with his mental issues and the build up to the fight was hard for him

in the second fight Bruno was a skeleton of his former self, he was never in a worse place to fight in his entire career

Bruno wasnt slow and he wasnt cumbersome, his jab was the best in the business for a heavyweight and he showed it the night he gave Lewis a lesson for 6 rounds

He lost fights because he couldnt stick with the pace in later rounds, the Tyson fights did not represent Brunos career at all because of his mental state at the time of both

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The build-up for Tyson was much harder. His life was falling apart, he had problems with his promoter, King trying to steal him, wife trying to fake pregnancies, broke his hand punching Mitch Green in the face at 3 am, lost his trainer Rooney. That is why they had the match in the US instead of UK.

Tyson beat Carl Williams after this and lost to Buster so his peak was against Spinks. This fight with Bruno was the start of his decline and the worst performance as champion at that time.

The second fight Tyson had spent 4 years in jail and was a shell of himself. He was carefully managed and manoeuvred to make the most amount of money and avoid any dangerous fighter. Frank was an easy fight to pick up a title and then relinquish it rather than face Lennox Lewis.

True, Bruno tired in fights the later it went but Tyson knocked Bruno down in 10 seconds and stopped him in 5 and 3 rounds in their second bout. No version of Frank would beat Mike, styles make fights and Bruno was perfect for Tyson to look awesome. Mental health or no mental health.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

For first fight Tyson was at his peak, he never bettered that physical shape and it was Bruno who was struggling with his mental issues and the build up to the fight was hard for him

in the second fight Bruno was a skeleton of his former self, he was never in a worse place to fight in his entire career

Bruno wasnt slow and he wasnt cumbersome, his jab was the best in the business for a heavyweight and he showed it the night he gave Lewis a lesson for 6 rounds

He lost fights because he couldnt stick with the pace in later rounds, the Tyson fights did not represent Brunos career at all because of his mental state at the time of both
    I’d forgotten how much you love Bruno.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record I had Bruno ahead in both fights before the premature stoppages

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Utter Bollocks, what are you chatting about?

Bruno lost each fight in 5 & 3 rounds so "sticking with the pace in latter rounds" doesn't even come into the 2 Tyson fights.
    Bruno never ever was considered a fighter with a bad Mental State before or during either of the Tyson fights.

He got battered by a fighter who was totally the wrong style for him.

Simple as.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And he would've reigned supreme if it wasn't for iron Mike Tyson.

Not my words. The words of Franklin Roy Bruno

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Utter Bollocks, what are you chatting about?

Bruno lost each fight in 5 & 3 rounds so "sticking with the pace in latter rounds" doesn't even come into the 2 Tyson fights.
    Bruno never ever was considered a fighter with a bad Mental State before or during either of the Tyson fights.

He got battered by a fighter who was totally the wrong style for him.

Simple as.
    Bruno was the greatest HW fighter in history over 6 rounds

The Tyson fights he had severe demons and really should be ignored

Thread Information