1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Saunders - May 8th Unification fight

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    everyone slagging saunders for moaning about judges and the rest but what is he (or anyone) supposed to do? he's not gonna win on points even if he wins every round

best he can hope for is a draw

so maybe its good to highlight the corruption before rather than seemingly moaning about it after
    Yep, but he knew all of this before he signed the contract.

My question is:

How do you sign a mega-fight contract and not iron out the detail about the judges BEFOREHAND? Especially in a Canelo fight.

I mean... I'm not calling Saunders STUPID, but...
    I would not put it past Canelo to sign one thing and do another, confident that Saunders will not turn away from a career high payday. The only thing BJS can do is highlight and moan about the injustice which is what he is doing. He could try and do a Fury and threaten to pull out of the fight which worked against Wlad.
    Yeah but it won’t work with Canelo.
    1. Too many people would take his place.
    2. The financial rewards are higher here.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not sure when people are going to actual realise this is true, but whether we like it or not, there is an A side and a B side, and the A side gets to call the shots. FACT!
    Wlad , Floyd, now Canelo.
    You might think it’s wrong, you might think it’s unfair, but it is what it is.
    Saunders has got 2 choices, like it or fucking lump it.
    And as for all the people saying “all he can do is moan about it to highlight it”, they’re the very same people that criticise Divers and people waving imaginary cards in football. Tell me, what’s the difference?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not sure when people are going to actual realise this is true, but whether we like it or not, there is an A side and a B side, and the A side gets to call the shots. FACT!
    And as for all the people saying “all he can do is moan about it to highlight it”, they’re the very same people that criticise Divers and people waving imaginary cards in football. Tell me, what’s the difference?

We all know about A side and B side. But those negotiations are supposed to happen before the contract is signed.

Saunders says "I want a British judge" and Canelo says "No dice... they'll all be Mexican"... Saunders can walk. No contract... no fight.

Ginger's the A side... everyone knows that.

Once the contract is signed, if it mentioned a British judge... it's still a contract. Otherwise why even bother with contracts?

A side means you have the upper hand in the negotiations. Not that you can wipe your ass with a signed contract after the fight preparations are underway.

Having said that... Ginger lives under his own rules... blessed by the WBC (we all know by now what that stands for) and all the powers-that-be in boxing.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

everyone slagging saunders for moaning about judges and the rest but what is he (or anyone) supposed to do? he's not gonna win on points even if he wins every round

best he can hope for is a draw

so maybe its good to highlight the corruption before rather than seemingly moaning about it after
    Yep, but he knew all of this before he signed the contract.

My question is:

How do you sign a mega-fight contract and not iron out the detail about the judges BEFOREHAND? Especially in a Canelo fight.

I mean... I'm not calling Saunders STUPID, but...
    I would not put it past Canelo to sign one thing and do another, confident that Saunders will not turn away from a career high payday. The only thing BJS can do is highlight and moan about the injustice which is what he is doing. He could try and do a Fury and threaten to pull out of the fight which worked against Wlad.
    Yeah but it won’t work with Canelo.
    1. Too many people would take his place.
    2. The financial rewards are higher here.
    Not this close to the fight. Fury threatened to pull out of the fight on the night when the ring had too much padding.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dislike the imaginary card, those who brandish it should be booked or sent off depending on the colour of their imaginary card

diving though goes a lot deeper for me, rolling around on the floor maybe should be punished but going down seems like a necessary evil
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all know about A side and B side. But those negotiations are supposed to happen before the contract is signed.

Saunders says "I want a British judge" and Canelo says "No dice... they'll all be Mexican"... Saunders can walk. No contract... no fight.

Ginger's the A side... everyone knows that.

Once the contract is signed, if it mentioned a British judge... it's still a contract. Otherwise why even bother with contracts?

A side means you have the upper hand in the negotiations. Not that you can wipe your ass with a signed contract after the fight preparations are underway.

Having said that... Ginger lives under his own rules... blessed by the WBC (we all know by now what that stands for) and all the powers-that-be in boxing.
    So are you saying it was stipulated in the contract that there would be a British Judge? Because I heard that the contract stated that there would be 3 “neutral” judges?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dislike the imaginary card, those who brandish it should be booked or sent off depending on the colour of their imaginary card

diving though goes a lot deeper for me, rolling around on the floor maybe should be punished but going down seems like a necessary evil
    I’ve got A couple of issues with your post and I’ll try to address them one by one.
    Apologies in advance for going off topic.
    1. The imaginary card is to highlight an issue and seek justice. Billy Jo whingeing about stuff is to highlight an issue and seek justice. What’s the difference.
    2. Diving is a “necessary evil” are you saying with or without contact? Are you saying CHEATING is “a necessary evil.”

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve got A couple of issues with your post and I’ll try to address them one by one.
    1. The imaginary card is to highlight an issue and seek justice. Billy Jo whingeing about stuff is to highlight an issue and seek justice. What’s the difference.
    2. Diving is a “necessary evil” are you saying with or without contact? Are you saying CHEATING is “a necessary evil.”
    like I say, diving goes deeper than a simple answer

and no, 99 times out of 100 diving without contact isnt acceptable but im not sure all diving (or going down easy) is unacceptable, i think winning games by kicking people is more unacceptable

and i see your point about the imaginary card but i dont think that there is any honesty when people are branding it and i think its more about gaining an advantage

and i dont think its the same as BJS complaining about the judges, if england played spain in the world cup final - in Spain with a Spanish ref and linesman and Southgate complained then thats more like what BJS is doing

branding the card is more like BJS complaining about holding or hitting behind the head or something, asking for a point off

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

like I say, diving goes deeper than a simple answer

and no, 99 times out of 100 diving without contact isnt acceptable but im not sure all diving (or going down easy) is unacceptable, i think winning games by kicking people is more unacceptable

and i see your point about the imaginary card but i dont think that there is any honesty when people are branding it and i think its more about gaining an advantage

and i dont think its the same as BJS complaining about the judges, if england played spain in the world cup final - in Spain with a Spanish ref and linesman and Southgate complained then thats more like what BJS is doing

branding the card is more like BJS complaining about holding or hitting behind the head or something, asking for a point off
    So do you think there will be 3 Mexican Judges? There might be 3 American judges, but technically they’re Neutral.
    In reality I know that’s not the case, but it’s not a bias that Canelo has manufactured, its more the money men, and that includes Eddie Hearn. He’s English, but his major interest in this fight is Canelo.
    So what do we do about that? 🤷*♂️
    This is what makes it slightly different in Boxing.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be fair i dont know what nationality the judges are and im well aware of the dynamics of boxing and the role of the a side and b side fighters

in fact i think some fighters have built a very very successful career on the advantages of being the A side fighter

and i dont even know if i disagree with it happening

what would you do if you were in Saunders position?

Youve signed a contract for the biggest fight of your life and there is supposed to be an English judge and there isn't

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be fair i dont know what nationality the judges are and im well aware of the dynamics of boxing and the role of the a side and b side fighters

in fact i think some fighters have built a very very successful career on the advantages of being the A side fighter

Youve signed a contract for the biggest fight of your life and there is supposed to be an English judge and there isn't
    Call their bluff and threaten to withdraw from the fight. The closer to the date you do it the stronger your position.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call their bluff and threaten to withdraw from the fight. The closer to the date you do it the stronger your position.
    maybe thats the best way but then people will still see it as complaining, even more so than what he is doing

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can’t see away Saunders can win this.

Canelo’s (just about only) weakness is that he has slow feet. May weather exploited this superbly and he had enough pop to land some spectacular shots - especially his trademark straight right.

Saunders definitely has skills, but not particularly great footwork. I don’t see he has the power to get Alvarez’ respect and Camelot is very good at applying pressure until his opponent just looks to survive.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My BOLD prediction!!

Saunders starched by KNOCKOUT!!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But this is it, does the contract state that there should be a British Judge. Because my understanding was that it would be “3 Neutral Judges.”
    But to answer your question, IF the contract did state that there would be a British judge, then if I were him, yes, I would kick up about it, but if it really pissed me off, I would threaten to pull out.
    And then comes the moment when I would show whether I had the balls or not by pulling out or not. It’s hard to say.

Thread Information