Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Saunders - May 8th Unification fight

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    My alarm did not work and missed the fight.

Where is Canelo getting this much power?
    Canelo is the same, he’s just fighting lesser fighters lately. Still, even with this euro tour vacation in the Americas he’s got a hell of a resume.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quick point of contention, there is a difference between winning a fight and winning rounds. BJS could be said to have been winning rounds. You could possibly even have him up somehow. But he most certainly was never winning the fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    My alarm did not work and missed the fight.

Where is Canelo getting this much power?
    Canelo is the same, he’s just fighting lesser fighters lately. Still, even with this euro tour vacation in the Americas he’s got a hell of a resume.
    I thought it was PED but it may be the loaded gloves.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i used to hear stories about rocky marciano breaking guys arms with punches, but i always figured they were just that; a story. until canelo alvarez did that to callum smith. i'd like to ask you guys i figured maybe one of you might know: have you ever seen a fighter get his skull completely caved in like that by a punch before?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    i used to hear stories about rocky marciano breaking guys arms with punches, but i always figured they were just that; a story. until canelo alvarez did that to callum smith. i'd like to ask you guys i figured maybe one of you might know: have you ever seen a fighter get his skull completely caved in like that by a punch before?
    The bruising around Callum’s arm were unusual and he was visibly shaken with the damage during the fight with Canelo. Rocky would pound the arms until the opponent could not hold them up any longer which was different.

Broken sockets can happen in a fight but all this damage stopping Kov at light heavy, bruising up Smith arm and breaking Saunders eye socket from a former light middleweight champion is highly suspicious.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a couple of months ago i was out on my bike and i was riding on a busyish road on the curbside, inside of a row of cars and a car pulled round into a side street at speed right in front of me

i put on my breaks and managed to stop just in time but the side of his car did clipped my front wheel

with me stopping suddenly and the impact i went over my handlebars, my head was probably about 8 foot in the air and i landed on my right forearm and then my face hit the tarmac

the most of the impact was on my cheek

I lost the feeling at the top of my mouth and couldnt feel my teeth on the right hand side for at least a couple of days and blood was trickling into my mouth for about the same period

fortunately for him he didnt notice and drove off

anyway the point of the story is, if an 8 foot face plant into tarmac doesnt break my cheek Canelo must punch with some power

ive boxed and the force of that was many times harder than any punch ive taken
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The bruising around Callum’s arm were unusual and he was visibly shaken with the damage during the fight with Canelo. Rocky would pound the arms until the opponent could not hold them up any longer which was different.

Broken sockets can happen in a fight but all this damage stopping Kov at light heavy, bruising up Smith arm and breaking Saunders eye socket from a former light middleweight champion is highly suspicious.
    you're just in awe of a legend
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

No, but you obviously are if you think he is already a legend.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he's getting there
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he's getting there
    Stop calling him a legend then.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he's getting there
    Stop calling him a legend then.
    the legend continues to grow

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders' final drug test results announced

Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders both completed their drug testing without any adverse results.

The super-middleweight rivals clashed earlier this month with Brit Saunders pulled out by his corner after the eighth round.

He was later taken to hospital where a scan determined he had fractured his eye socket in three places.
    Alvarez now holds three belts at 168lb and plans to fight the final remaining champion Caleb Plant in September in an attempt to become the undisputed champion.

And the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) confirmed last night that both Alvarez and Saunders had passed each of their drug tests.

"Congratulations to Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders for successfully completing Vada testing through their May 2021 bout," read the organisation's tweet.

Both Alvarez and Saunders have produced adverse findings in the past with the Mexican testing positive for the banned substance clenbuterol in 2018 before his rematch with Gennady Golovkin.

Alvarez was suspended for six months but blamed the result on eating contaminated meat in his homeland. He faced Golovkin following his ban and outpointed his great rival.

Later that same year, Saunders tested positive for the banned substance oxilofrine ahead of his world title clash with Demetrius Andrade.

The substance is not banned out of competition by the UK authorities but the Massachusetts commission denied Saunders a licence and he later relinquished his world title.

Saunders has barely spoken publicly since he was stopped by Canelo for his first career defeat, other than to explain how the fight ended.

"Thanks everyone for messaging," he wrote on his Facebook page. "Broken eye socket and cheek bone in three places operation yesterday - all went well.

"You win some and lose some, didn’t feel out my league but got caught with a good shot and couldn’t see and Ben got the corner to pull it.

"Thank you all who watched I’ll be back god bless you all."

Saunders was referring to Ben Davison, his former trainer who claimed it was he who spoke to the former champion after the eighth round.

That forced Saunders' current coach Mark Tibbs to speak up and criticise Davison for interfering between rounds.

Few expect Saunders to return from his injuries having been inactive throughout his career.

And having lost his world titles, there appears to be few options left for the Brit. A rematch with Chris Eubank Jr tops the list but negotiations with the son-of-a-legend have been notoriously difficult.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BETER PREPARE Canelo Alvarez wants super-fight with light-heavyweight Artur Beterbiev, boxing’s only champ with 100% KO ratio

CANELO ALVAREZ wants a super-fight with light-heavyweight Artur Beterbiev - boxing's only champion with a 100 per cent knockout ratio.

The Mexican superstar is in talks for an undisputed super-middleweight title decider with American Caleb Plant.

If successful, he would have cleaned out the 168lb division and the four belts that come with it.

Promoter Eddie Hearn revealed Canelo could then eye a move back to light-heavyweight, where he won the WBO belt in 2019.

And he will target the most feared puncher of them all, Russian Beterbiev, 36, who has 16 straight KOs, or Dmitry Bivol, 30, who has the WBA crown.

Hearn told Little Giant Boxing: “Canelo Alvarez is the absolute pound-for-pound king.

"He has the right to fight whoever he wants. But, the good news is, he is fighting champion after champion after champion.

“So you don’t have to worry about Saul, he’ll fight anyone.

"Maybe after this he will go to light heavyweight and he may fight Beterbiev and he might fight Bivol. He doesn’t care."

Canelo, 30, moved up to the 175lb, light-heavy mark two years ago when he knocked out Sergey Kovalev, 38, in round 11.

But he later vacated the title to move back down to super-middleweight, where he has since won the WBA, WBC and WBO belts.

Only 29-year-old Plant's IBF strap is missing in Canelo's quest to become undisputed king.

The pair are now in talks to fight in September in Las Vegas.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15399...xing-ko-ratio/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BETER PREPARE Canelo Alvarez wants super-fight with light-heavyweight Artur Beterbiev, boxing’s only champ with 100% KO ratio

CANELO ALVAREZ wants a super-fight with light-heavyweight Artur Beterbiev - boxing's only champion with a 100 per cent knockout ratio.

The Mexican superstar is in talks for an undisputed super-middleweight title decider with American Caleb Plant.

If successful, he would have cleaned out the 168lb division and the four belts that come with it.

Promoter Eddie Hearn revealed Canelo could then eye a move back to light-heavyweight, where he won the WBO belt in 2019.

And he will target the most feared puncher of them all, Russian Beterbiev, 36, who has 16 straight KOs, or Dmitry Bivol, 30, who has the WBA crown.

Hearn told Little Giant Boxing: “Canelo Alvarez is the absolute pound-for-pound king.

"He has the right to fight whoever he wants. But, the good news is, he is fighting champion after champion after champion.

"Maybe after this he will go to light heavyweight and he may fight Beterbiev and he might fight Bivol. He doesn’t care."

Canelo, 30, moved up to the 175lb, light-heavy mark two years ago when he knocked out Sergey Kovalev, 38, in round 11.

But he later vacated the title to move back down to super-middleweight, where he has since won the WBA, WBC and WBO belts.

Only 29-year-old Plant's IBF strap is missing in Canelo's quest to become undisputed king.

If Alvarez fights Beterbiev next his moronic haters will say he ducked Plant
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Apple View Post

If Alvarez fights Beterbiev next his moronic haters will say he ducked Plant

Anyone who believes Canelo will actually fight Beterbiev under equal conditions... I've got some beachfront property in Nebraska I'd like to sell ya.

Thread Information