Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Saunders - May 8th Unification fight

Anyone whos been watching boxing long enough might suggest ol Saunders is just trying to set up 'I told ya so' tantrums if and when Canelo gets the nod assuming the judges are even involved. I think he's going to have many moments of fight or flight panic trying to find an effective way to keep Canelo off as it goes and is cut off. Any talk about the size of the ring? If I were Saunders that would be top of the list over what Country a judge is from. Saunders can box and does a good job reading available avenues but he isn't trying to evade 1-2 and nonchalantly slide off to reset. This Canelo will keep rolling them with varying power and really mess up Saunders since of timing. Hope it's a competitive..*cough scrap and Saunders really rises up but honestly I think he'll be throwing snowballs at a tank and his best bet would be cutting Canelo badly.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's time to start a "What's Next for Canelo?" thread, considering the consensus that this fight is a foregone conclusion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez reveals his brother was KIDNAPPED just days before Rocky Fielding fight and had to negotiate release

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14799...ielding-fight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez breaks down Floyd Mayweather fight if Mexican was in his prime

Saul Canelo Alvarez’s only defeat of his glittering career came against boxing legend Floyd Mayweather back in 2013, but the Mexican says it wouldn't play out that way if he was in his prime

Saul Canelo Alvarez has revealed how he thinks a fight with Floyd Mayweather would go down if they had fought when the Mexican was in his prime.

Alvarez’s only defeat of his career came against boxing legend Mayweather back in September 2013 by majority decision when he was just 23.

‘Money’ Mayweather famously never lost a fight during his career, despite stepping into the ring 50 times professionally.

And, Canelo, who is now a unified super middleweight world champion at the age of 30, insists that Mayweather would have been scared to put his belts on the line if he was in the sort of form he’s been in for years now.

Speaking to Graham Bensinger on his self-titled show, Alvarez said: “He’d have nothing to do with me.

“If we were both at our prime, our best prime, he wouldn’t anything do with me. Nothing.

"I’d knock him out.”

Explaining though how that fight helped to turn him into the world-beater he is today, Alvarez admits that the blow only made him more determined to become a world champion.

“I wasn’t the boxer I am today,” he added of why he lost. “For me, that moment hurt a lot. I got to thinking, I’m not going to let this kill my dreams.

“Someday I’m going to be the best boxer in the world. And now, today I am.”

Alvarez’s long-time trainer Jose ‘Chepo’ Reynoso also believes that the defeat to Mayweather taught him that he has to keep going even when times are tough.

“That fight taught him to continue working, and to keep moving forward,” he told Bensinger.

“Saul had never lost a fight, and that night he lost his undefeated status.

“Many boxers say ‘I’m not good anymore’. They give up - not us.

“You can’t just stay there, crying over a defeat.

“Only the one who doesn’t fight, doesn’t lose, but he will never win.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...ather-24004884

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even today... Canelo feels compelled to qualify/ excuse/ explain his defeat to Mayweather over 7 years ago.

Priceless.

Sorry bud. It's a thorn in your side you'll never be able to get rid of.

Not even a "bought-off" CJ Ross was able to pull off what was supposed to be the Robbery of the Millennium.

Mofo will probably be telling his grandchildren this shit someday.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not only is Canelo bitter about having his "0" rudely snatched by Floyd Mayweather..... now he's taking potshots at Julio Cesar Chavez and Oscar de la Hoya as well.

https://www.msn.com/es-us/deportes/b...out&li=BBqdmGW

In case the link comes out in Spanish, I've kindly copied/pasted the translated content below:

"In recent weeks, many testimonies have been generated about SaĂșl 'Canelo' Álvarez . Before his fight against Billy Joe Saunders , the avalanche of testimonies that alluded to the two fighters was to be expected. However, the Mexican boxing legend, Julio CĂ©sar ChĂĄvez , questioned the quality of his compatriot which made 'Canelo' respond strongly claiming that the ' CĂ©sar of boxing' never won what he has achieved .

To put it in context, a few days ago ChĂĄvez declared before the media . One of his topics of conversation was his conception of his compatriot and colleague SaĂșl Álvarez . The experienced Mexican fighter indicated that Álvarez is not going to be a better professional than him because the numbers reflect it . "'Canelo' is a great fighter who has earned what he has. He is definitely not going to be better than me because he has already lost a fight and I reached 90 fights undefeated, ”assured Julio CĂ©sar.

However, to camouflage the frankness of his words a bit, 'mr. Knockout 'added: "The styles are different, what he has he has earned and sometimes receives unfair criticism from people , but the public is like that."

The & # 39; Canelo & # 39; did not sit idly by before the statements of the Mexican boxing legend. In a press conference, prior to the match against Billy Joe Saunders, Álvarez took advantage of the space and did not miss the opportunity to respond to Julio CĂ©sar ChĂĄvez . “I've always been a very strong-minded person no matter what they say. The people who criticize you are out of envy, they want to be where you and coming from Julio CĂ©sar ChĂĄvez (
) he never won what I am winning. I respect what he did, but that he also respect everything I have done ”, he demanded.

On the other hand, Álvarez also dedicated a few words to another historic boxer, such as Óscar de la Hoya, with whom 'Canelo' had a working relationship for many years under the promoter Golden Boy. “ (Óscar) spends his time worrying about drinking and doing other things . Those who are in that company only see for their benefit, not for the fighters and Óscar de la Hoya does not know loyalty ”, revealed the Mexican."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo still bitching about the Mayweather fight . Fuck me , get over it! 🙄 and always bangs on about being “only 23.”
    Maybe so, but he had been a pro for 8 YEARS , had had over 40 pro fights , and was a World champion .
    Please spare me the “ I was just a kid shtick!”
    And on the other side of the coin, how old was Floyd? 37? Something like that.
    Canelo making himself look a cunt here.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Canelo still bitching about the Mayweather fight . Fuck me , get over it! 🙄 and always bangs on about being “only 23.”
    Maybe so, but he had been a pro for 8 YEARS , had had over 40 pro fights , and was a World champion .
    Please spare me the “ I was just a kid shtick!”
    And on the other side of the coin, how old was Floyd? 37? Something like that.
    Canelo making himself look a cunt here.

TitoFan double-liked this post

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelos team wanted an 18 foot ring instead of the 24 foot ring that Saunders wanted, they've apparently agreed on a 22 foot ring.
    Baffles me why this shit isn't sorted out when the fights agreed and not argued over in fight week.
    Makes you wonder if Canelo has seen the career best shape Saunders has got himself into and is getting nervy?
    Last edited by smashup; 05-04-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Matthew Hatton can go the distance with Canelo, then BJS has a chance.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    If Matthew Hatton can go the distance with Canelo, then BJS has a chance.
    changed his roids since then
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Canelos team wanted an 18 foot ring instead of the 24 foot ring that Saunders wanted, they've apparently agreed on a 22 foot ring.
    Baffles me why this shit isn't sorted out when the fights agreed and not argued over in fight week.
    Makes you wonder if Canelo has seen the career best shape Saunders has got himself into and is getting nervy?

Again I go back to the contract. Who draws these up, anyway? Are they written on the back of a napkin? This is a multi-million dollar event... and judges and ring size are STILL being discussed?

Might just want to save time and money and do "rock, scissors, paper" on the day before the fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Again I go back to the contract. Who draws these up, anyway? Are they written on the back of a napkin? This is a multi-million dollar event... and judges and ring size are STILL being discussed?

Might just want to save time and money and do "rock, scissors, paper" on the day before the fight.
    This has all been worked out in the finest detail but Canelo is trying to gain even more advantage closer to the fight because he feels he is the A side fighter. BJS should just threaten to pull out as Canelo has more to lose and will relent just as Wlad did against Fury.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14846...z-boxing-ring/
    Last edited by Master; 05-04-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

This has all been worked out in the finest detail but Canelo is trying to gain even more advantage closer to the fight because he feels he is the A side fighter. BJS should just threaten to pull out as Canelo has more to lose and will relent just as Wlad did against Fury.

Then contracts in boxing aren't really contracts at all... and are not worth the paper they're printed on.

Yes... BJS should threaten to pull out, but he won't because how bad can a beating be if you can secure your financial future.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Then contracts in boxing aren't really contracts at all... and are not worth the paper they're printed on.

Yes... BJS should threaten to pull out, but he won't because how bad can a beating be if you can secure your financial future.
    I know BJS will not pull out but the threat alone will make Canelo think he cannot push it too far. The double bluff will certainly can play on Canelo's mind. Wlad was timid when he finally faced Fury.

At least BJS has highlighted the way Canelo is stacking his cards and Eddie is sucking up to his meal ticket.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds

Thread Information