Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Saunders - May 8th Unification fight

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Canelo has all the boxes checked, stronger, skilled, durable, his backyard. Saunders should go for broke since he's got nothing to lose.
    BJS can outbox Canelo and has the skill to do it for the majority of the 12 rounds.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Canelo has all the boxes checked, stronger, skilled, durable, his backyard. Saunders should go for broke since he's got nothing to lose.

That's all Saunders can do.
    Box to the absolute best of his ability (better than the Lemuix fight) and hope he can nick it on points.
    Massive ask and not a fucking chance he'll even wobble Canelo.
    Just hasn't got that power.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BJS is just going to be the latest sacrificial lamb..... and the fact he couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag certainly wasn't lost on Team Canelo, who probably would've given BJS a greater slice of the pie had BJS bargained for it.

Unfortunately, the laws of risk vs return do not apply in Canelo's World like they do in finances.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2021/04...-about-judges/

Hahaha!

This is sounding worse by the minute. BJS bitching and moaning about the judges as the fight draws near.

Said he was "promised" an English judge.

Right.

Let's file that one alongside "Your check is in the mail."

So ok. We have...

The fight in AT&T Stadium in Texas.

No English judges.

The powder-puff punching Saunders going into Canelo's backyard to try and (COUGH, HACK, CHUCKLE)...... "win a decision."

All of this... and the WBC with yet ANOTHER shiny trinket (made-up belt) to lovingly place around Canelo's waist after the slaughter... sacrifice... fight.

All of THIS... to cement Canelo's (cough) legacy.

What I want to know is... who's going to play Canelo in the sure-to-come Hollywood blockbuster?

Surely it has to be some handsome, redhaired dude.

His adoring fans would settle for nothing less.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'DISAPPOINTED' Billy Joe Saunders furious Eddie Hearn is making plans assuming Canelo Alvarez will BEAT him in Dallas dust-up on May 8

BILLY JOE SAUNDERS is furious with promoter Eddie Hearn for planning a super-middleweight title unification fight between Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant before his clash with the hard-hitting Mexican.

Welwyn Warrior Saunders will throw down with the pound-for-pound king a fortnight on Sunday in Dallas, Texas.

But Matchroom Boxing chief Hearn is already plotting a showdown between Canelo and IBO 168lb champ Plant.

The plan has irked the undefeated Saunders, who told iFL TV: "I’m a bit disappointed because he’s already planning venues for the Caleb Plant fight.

"You know. It’s one of them. People can say what they want and you know, you got this shot.

"And people look at… f**k the money. F**k everything. I’m here to win.”

Although he's already laying the groundwork for a bout between Canelo and Plant, Hearn is confident Saunders can spring a major upset and hand the pride of Mexico his second professional defeat.

He told Fight Hub TV: "Billy Joe Saunders for a long time has said he will beat Canelo Alvarez. He has the style to beat him.

"I’ll tell you one thing, I think if there’s anyone in the division that will beat or could beat Canelo, it’s Billy Joe Saunders — because he has the style and the movement and he has something different in his head.

"No fear. He can come out and he boxes and he moves and he flows, you know.

“Other fighters come out (tense). Same with Yildirim. That’s why this will be a good fight because Yildirim — no fear.

"He’ll come out, take his time, two or three rounds and then Joel Diaz will say to him ‘right, now’s your chance, go for it.’

"And he’ll let his hands go. But that’s very dangerous, but it’s exciting."

Saunders, 31, is confident of upsetting the apple cart, telling talkSPORT: “I’m the seventh Brit he’s faced, he’s dealt with six of them very comfortably.

“The Brits like dancing and moving and thinking they’ve gotta run away, but I will be there for him to hit.

“I will be in range for him to hit. I’ll be setting traps, the same as he’ll be setting traps.

“I don’t think running a million miles an hour is gonna do me any justice. He’s not got the best engine in the world, Canelo.

“He’s very good at what he does, extremely good at what he does, but there’s faults there.

“We’ve seen people try to run away and box him, we’ve seen people try to use the brawn, but we’ve only seen one man use his brain and that was Floyd Mayweather.

“Brain over brawn here. Brain wins this, technical thinking wins this.”

He continued: "This is the way I look at it: you have to win every moment, every second in that ring when that bell goes.

“I’m prepared to put everything down, all of the chips down.

“As long as I get a fair decision then I believe in my heart of hearts that the job is definitely not an impossible job.

“People go on about how good he is, how great he is.

“But let’s not forget he’s been beat [by Floyd Mayweather] and he got beat in the first fight with Golovkin as well I thought.

“Let’s just hope that it’s all a fair playing field in and out the ring, and we can get to work.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14702...o-boxing-news/

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

everyone slagging saunders for moaning about judges and the rest but what is he (or anyone) supposed to do? he's not gonna win on points even if he wins every round

best he can hope for is a draw

so maybe its good to highlight the corruption before rather than seemingly moaning about it after
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    everyone slagging saunders for moaning about judges and the rest but what is he (or anyone) supposed to do? he's not gonna win on points even if he wins every round

so maybe its good to highlight the corruption before rather than seemingly moaning about it after
    Yep, but he knew all of this before he signed the contract.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nah i think hes doing the right thing

otherwise he turns up, knocks him out, loses on points and goes home with nothing but a few million pounds
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nah i think hes doing the right thing

otherwise he turns up, knocks him out, loses on points and goes home with nothing but a few million pounds

If he manages to knock him out and then lose on points he will go down in the history books.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders looks in career best shape already.

https://www.givemesport.com/1679447-...transformation

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

My question is:

How do you sign a mega-fight contract and not iron out the detail about the judges BEFOREHAND? Especially in a Canelo fight.

I mean... I'm not calling Saunders STUPID, but...

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

My question is:

How do you sign a mega-fight contract and not iron out the detail about the judges BEFOREHAND? Especially in a Canelo fight.

I mean... I'm not calling Saunders STUPID, but...
    I would not put it past Canelo to sign one thing and do another, confident that Saunders will not turn away from a career high payday. The only thing BJS can do is highlight and moan about the injustice which is what he is doing. He could try and do a Fury and threaten to pull out of the fight which worked against Wlad.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to Saunders Dad, Hearns being a cunt during this build up.
    Making it virtually impossible for UK fans to get tickets, no UK judges involved and has told team Saunders themselves to pay for 50% of the team to fly over so.
    He's also apparently been overheard saying "If Saunders wins this he's gonna fuck everything up for us"

Basically doing everything he can to give his cash cow Canelo every possible advantage.

Saunders dad has no reason at all to lie about any of this and just wants his son to get given a fair go of winning.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    According to Saunders Dad, Hearns being a cunt during this build up.
    Making it virtually impossible for UK fans to get tickets, no UK judges involved and has told team Saunders themselves to pay for 50% of the team to fly over so.
    He's also apparently been overheard saying "If Saunders wins this he's gonna fuck everything up for us"

Basically doing everything he can to give his cash cow Canelo every possible advantage.

Saunders dad has no reason at all to lie about any of this and just wants his son to get given a fair go of winning.

no one forced him to sign to contract. billy joe is cashing out. canelo ices him
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information