Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Devin Haney

The size difference is startling. Loma has a big challenge in front of him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Following his victory, Shakur Stevenson called out the undisputed 135lb champion Devin Haney and will have a keen eye on May 20 when Haney defends his titles against Vasiliy Lomachenko.

But when asked by The DAZN Boxing Show to give a prediction for the fight, Stevenson can only see one winner in Las Vegas.

"I think he [Devin Haney] smokes Lomachenko," Stevenson claimed.

"Lomachenko is too old, too small.

"I didn’t like the way he looked against Ortiz. I saw him in the gym two or three weeks ago, he looked like a 126lb fighter, he doesn’t look like a 135lb fighter.

"I think Dev is too long and tall."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...309d07de&ei=21

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    At some point you people need to stop blaming promoters and networks and blame yourselves. Until you fault the people that do this nonsense they will continue to do it.

Loma ducked him, call it how it is. Teo is ducking him, call it how it is, Garcia is ducking him, call it how it is. Until you folks quit with the crap “I like him so I’ll back him” this is what you get.

Boxing gets right when fans are honest
    Hasn’t changed either, as true now as it was then. Blaming the guy that’s being ducked is the single weirdest thing boxing fans do. You get the fights when you call for them, not when you excuse ducking

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    You get the fights when you call for them
    not always. there have been fights i've called for that have not happened
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Devin Haney is ready to comprehensively "pick apart" Vasyl Lomachenko and show he is better than his rival in every department.

Haney, 24, is putting his WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO titles on the line in Las Vegas on May 20 as he takes on the former three-weight world champion - and he fully expects the fight to be a lot easier than some are predicting. The lightweight told Mirror Fighting : "I think I'm going to be better than Loma in every aspect; faster, stronger, smarter. I think I will show a lot of his flaws that he has in the ring, with me being so big and just so young and athletic."

And Haney is confident an emphatic performance under the lights of Las Vegas' MGM Grand will go a long way to proving he is "the guy" now. He added: "I expect for me to show that I'm just levels above him. Loma was the guy that was number one pound for pound guy at one point, but now, you know, it's time for me to show the world that I'm the guy now."

Haney continued to say it's a fight he has been keen to make for a number of years and feels his Ukrainian counterpart, 35, made a huge mistake in waiting this long to face him. "I've gotten so much better [over the years]," he continued. "I've got much bigger, much more mature, much faster, stronger. My experience has gone through the roof and, more importantly, I'm the guy with the belts now. So my confidence is just through the roof."

While he acknowledged Lomachenko is a very technical fighter, Haney insists the veteran's southpaw stance won't cause him issues and believes it will in fact be the challenger who will be forced to change his style on the night. "I don't think it'll be a problem [his stance]," he said. "We've been training for a southpaw for months now. I started camp a little earlier to prepare, but I've got a lot of experience. I will show the world how I can beat a southpaw. There are many different ways to beat a southpaw but I'll do it a little different."

Haney continued: "He's had trouble in the past with guys who do the things that I do in the ring. In his last fight he struggled with Jamaine Ortiz and the things he has trouble with are my best attributes." He added that while the pre-fight conversation has been respectful so far, he doesn't care for his opponent and insists he is ready to make the bout "as easy as possible".

While he stopped short of looking passed his upcoming battle - calling it "definitely by far my biggest fight to date" - he said an impressive win will send a huge message to all the other fighters in his division, including Gervonta Davis. When asked for his opinion on his American rival's latest victory against Ryan Garcia, The Dream said Tank "went in there and did what he was supposed to do". But Haney was also quick to state he thought Garcia simply "didn't understand the levels" that were going to be on show.

"Once he realised that Tank was levels above him, you know, he decided he didn't want to be in there anymore," he critiqued before refusing to rule out a potential future bout with either pugilist, saying he is keen on "legacy fights". You never know what the future holds," he admitted. "But, as of right now, I'm focusing on Loma and then we will go from there."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...ea6d7640&ei=19

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I quite like Haney, he was always my favourite of the four guys (Haney, Lopez, Garcia and Davis) who were up and comer seat the same same weight but I Hope lomachenko wins this one, Haney can come back from a loss here but it'd be the end for the little Ukrainian, I hope Loma pulls it of somehow, o think the size difference is going to be too much in the end and Haney wins it and that'll be great for him, he seems like a good lad.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

devin at the weigh in

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a fight I am looking forward to in the sport more than this one. A legend achieves his lifetime ambition or a young gun ready to take on any and all comers asserts that he is number 1. Either way we are winners

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am hyped up for this fight as well and been watching all the build up TV programmes for it. I want Loma to win but like Haney too as he comes across well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm thrilled for this fight
    Both P4P level fighters
    The undisputed championship on the line
    A fight for hardcore boxing fans

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So much is being made of size difference understandably. Both are clearly facing different directions with point in careers. But I cannot get away from a big picture, just don't know the actual depth of Haney based on a George Kambosos. Just how aggressive is Haney going to level up and commit to some power work. It'll take it to neutralize the tighter quicker footwork of Loma up close. I think Lomas best chance is using that squat stance and can actually get a lot done on the inside. Can't see this being a jousting contest. Whole different fight if Haney commits to getting physical, shoulder blocks twist clinching etc. That's the size difference..

Thread Information